PDA

View Full Version : ToSeekA

sidmel
2006-Apr-14, 02:11 PM
While doing a search, a result popped up that reminded me of the BAUT forum. The link led me to a new beta search engine named ToSeekA! (http://www.toseek.com) Reminded me of our own ToSeek.

Hmmm....coincidence...I think not. :whistle:

Argos
2006-Apr-14, 02:19 PM
Everything I need to know I learned through ToSeeKa. :)

ToSeek
2006-Apr-14, 02:21 PM
Man, now I've got my own website!

Arneb
2006-Apr-14, 02:34 PM
... which sadly I can't access. My spyware program blocks me from seeing it. Now what is this, ToSeek? Are we being naughty again?:naughty:

Argos
2006-Apr-14, 02:35 PM
I find it a very natural name for a search engine. The words by Tennyson are strong and universally recognizable. My first impression of that search engine tells me that users will have to seek, to strive, and not to yield. :)

sidmel
2006-Apr-14, 03:54 PM
Arneb and Argos also both have their own sites! www.argos.com (Construction/Design) and www.arneb.com (Tavel or reference site???). I don't recommend going to arneb.com, it's still under construction and you get a gazillion pop-ups.

Maksutov
2006-Apr-14, 05:41 PM
Man, now I've got my own website!Plus you've been upgraded to version A. Feel any different?

BTW, could that be part of the name for a new Google-like search engine for residents of the western US?

The Atchison, Toseeka and Santa Fe?

Gillianren
2006-Apr-14, 08:22 PM
Completely off-topic but true: There are two streets, a block apart, in Pasadena, California, called Atchison and Topeka. A railroad buff who knows an old teacher of mine (California history, naturally!) researched it, and he discovered that, yes, the next street was originally Santa Fe. But they changed the name based on some local rich people. (I don't remember why.) So now, the streets are, in order, Atchison, Topeka, Howard, and Elizabeth.

Argos
2006-Apr-15, 02:11 PM
Arneb and Argos also both have their own sites! www.argos.com (Construction/Design) and www.arneb.com (Tavel or reference site???). I don't recommend going to arneb.com, it's still under construction and you get a gazillion pop-ups.

Cool. :) Argos has a beautiful site.

Trebuchet
2006-Apr-16, 08:11 PM
Don't forget www.trebuchet.com

Not my site, but I do hang out there from time to time.