PDA

View Full Version : We're all doomed. (Again.)

Wolverine
2006-Apr-14, 03:29 PM
I'm surprised nobody's posted about this wacky press release (http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=63973) that hit the wires yesterday.

Eric Julien, a former French military air traffic controller and senior airport manager, has completed a study of the comet 73P Schwassmann-Wachmann and declared that a fragment is highly likely to impact the Earth on or around May 25, 2006.

Julien claims (http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/EricJulien-En.htm) that the comet (http://cometography.com/pcomets/073p.html)'s fragmentation isn't natural, but caused by extraterrestrials who are apparently displeased with our stockpiling of nuclear weapons, so they allegedly broke the comet apart to use it as a weapon with the intention of a fragment (or more) impacting the Earth as a "public warning." What's the source of this information, you ask? Why, a vision Julien had while meditating, based upon "information" contained in a crop circle that appeared in 1995 (see images at right, on this page (http://skepdic.com/cropcirc.html)). The Earth is conspicuously absent in that crop circle, which can only have one logical consequence: the extinction of life on Earth.

Using NASA simulations of the comet's path, Julien concludes that impact is likely around May 25 precisely when the comet crosses the Earth's ecliptic plane.

Heh. Translation, he looked at a Java applet roughly illustrating 73P-3B's ephemeris (http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/db_shm?rec=900444) on JPL's NEO program page. Despite all observations indicating these cometary bits will pass though our planetary neighborhood at distances spanning 22-32 LD from Earth, Julien maintains that there are unseen fragments which surely pose a grave impact threat to civilization. And what evidence does Julien base this upon?

I received on April 7, 2006 a telepathic message from extraterrestrial friends. According to them, a méga-tsunami in the Atlantic Ocean I had experienced in a lucid dream three years ago, would occur around MAY 25, 2006.

Okay... so why is this just surfacing now, you ask? Easy: the aliens want to prevent us from launching a nuclear strike on Iran. And the government, of course, is covering everything up. Whee...

As Julien notes in the accompanying paper on his website:

The message here cannot be more clear!

I couldn't agree more, but the forum rules prevent me from spelling it out.

Laguna
2006-Apr-14, 04:03 PM
Should we introduce him to Nancy?
They seem to have a lot in common.

Wolverine
2006-Apr-14, 04:24 PM
Perhaps they've already met via the aliens. :D

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Apr-14, 04:24 PM
Let me guess, and on the 26th of May he will claim that the "aliens" took pity on us or that he managed to dissuade them......

Laguna
2006-Apr-14, 04:27 PM
No, on 26th he will tell us, that all was a white lie...

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Apr-14, 04:33 PM
Now, where have I heard THAT before? :lol:

Anla'Shok
2006-Apr-14, 04:37 PM
So let me get this straight... Aliens who are upset with us stockpiling nukes that we might use to annihilate ourselves are going to use a piece of a comet to annihilate us? Mean bunch of SOBs. We are obviously dealing with an advanced race here. They are spending a great deal of energy to break apart and guide a comet to use as a weapon instead of just coming down and getting their hands (paws, claws, tentacles ... whatever) dirty and wipe us out. A little cowardly also.

Wolverine
2006-Apr-14, 04:48 PM
So let me get this straight... Aliens who are upset with us stockpiling nukes that we might use to annihilate ourselves are going to use a piece of a comet to annihilate us?

Well, according to Julien, they "supervise us like neurotic children." Apparently they're advanced enough to hold some sort of interplanetary carte blanche allowing for such activities.

If the aliens really had a beef with our weapons proliferation and are already visiting here, why not just drop by the UN? Seems a better way to get the point across than to mow a nebulous pattern in a field or telepathically contact one person (let alone the cometary chicanery).

Tensor
2006-Apr-14, 04:59 PM
If the aliens really had a beef with our weapons proliferation and are already visiting here, why not just drop by the UN? Seems a better way to get the point across than to mow a nebulous pattern in a field or telepathically contact one person (let alone the cometary chicanery).

Well, obviously, if they did that, then we would know we were being watched. :rolleyes:

Hamlet
2006-Apr-14, 05:00 PM
Well, according to Julien, they "supervise us like neurotic children." Apparently they're advanced enough to hold some sort of interplanetary carte blanche allowing for such activities.

Yes, or land on the mall in Washington, D.C. We should at least get a stern warning from Klaatu and Gort before they obliterate us. :D

Wolverine
2006-Apr-14, 05:02 PM
I, for one, welcome our new comet-slinging overlords.

(It had to be said.)

Maksutov
2006-Apr-14, 06:02 PM
Gort! 73P Schwassmann-Wachmann barada nikto!OK, that takes care of May 25th. Next?

BTW, I'm definitely glad this person is a former French military air traffic controller and senior airport manager. :doh:

Cl1mh4224rd
2006-Apr-14, 07:06 PM
. . .they allegedly broke the comet apart to use it as a weapon with the intention of a fragment (or more) impacting the Earth as a "public warning." . . .The Earth is conspicuously absent in that crop circle, which can only have one logical consequence: the extinction of life on Earth.
Geez! Total extinction seems rather excessive as a warning...

Okay... so why is this just surfacing now, you ask? Easy: the aliens want to prevent us from launching a nuclear strike on Iran. And the government, of course, is covering everything up. Whee...
Well, of course! As the government of a country whose majority practices some form of Christianity, you wouldn't want it to be revealed that, not only is there a highly advanced civilization out there (who have chosen to end life on Earth through means that would appear to be perfectly natural), but that they also have a soft spot for followers of Allah... would you? ;)

Gillianren
2006-Apr-14, 08:47 PM

Boy, am I glad my mother didn't handle her neurotic child that way. If she did, I wouldn't be here to talk to you!

Swift
2006-Apr-14, 09:36 PM
Geez! Total extinction seems rather excessive as a warning...

:lol:
Wow, imagine what they'll do if we don't listen to their warning. :naughty:

I carefully examined the cropcircle and noticed a whole bunch of things were not shown. For example, there were no bunnies or parrots shown, I suspect they will be among the species destroyed by the comet.

I also notice that the planets that are shown are about the same size as the sun, so I suspect that the aliens are also going to shrink the sun, probably by washing it in hot water.

Really, it all is very clear to me now. :shifty:

BertL
2006-Apr-14, 10:04 PM
Let's get back to this in a month from now and laugh at that French guy.

Donnie B.
2006-Apr-14, 11:20 PM
I think I may beat the rush and start laughing at him now. :razz:

Donnie B.
2006-Apr-14, 11:32 PM
From the site linked from the Newswire article,
http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/EricJulien-En.htm (http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/EricJulien-En.htm%29:)

While a military air traffic controller at Reims Air Base, France, he tracked a UFO travelling at 15,000 knots/hr. Okay, that right there tells us something about the scientific literacy of the Exopolitics Institute.

Van Rijn
2006-Apr-14, 11:35 PM

Well, sure, that sounds reasonable, but you can't expect aliens to think like us! In their culture, probably all communication is done through either telepathy, crop circles, or hitting people on the head with comets.

Superluminal
2006-Apr-14, 11:43 PM
I wonder what he would say if, just by coincidence, a large meteorite were to impact in Iran? They are the ones who need a warning from above.

Wolverine
2006-Apr-15, 03:00 AM
Well, sure, that sounds reasonable, but you can't expect aliens to think like us! In their culture, probably all communication is done through either telepathy, crop circles, or hitting people on the head with comets.

Well dang. There's my anthropocentric bias again.

BTW, I missed this little gem on my initial perusal:

Consequently, vis-a-vis the nuclear armada created by humanity, vis-a-vis the laser program of directed energy weapons, certain ‘star visitors’ have taken "convincing" measures and decided on the use of a first public warning for MAY 25, 2006, a few weeks before the launching of the nuclear offensive against Iran, involving an escalating potential for planetary atomic war which, I point out it, would destroy whole or part of the planes of existence, invisible in our eyes, where the ‘star visitors’ live.

That sure clears things up. I just can't help it... I've been giggling at this all day.

ZappBrannigan
2006-Apr-15, 07:32 AM
I don't know... I think TPTB are taking this more seriously than we realize:

Has anyone seen Bruce Willis lately? No? Hmmm...

Van Rijn
2006-Apr-15, 07:54 AM
You could have a point, Zapp. As I mentioned here:

http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=725073&postcount=13

California has been struck by the second ice chunk from the air within just a few days! A sign of things to come? :shifty:

;)

ktesibios
2006-Apr-15, 02:51 PM
You could have a point, Zapp. As I mentioned here:

http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=725073&postcount=13

California has been struck by the second ice chunk from the air within just a few days! A sign of things to come? :shifty:

;)

As long as it isn't more @#$% rain...

Blob
2006-Apr-15, 03:13 PM
hum,
i calculate that most of the boulders will only get as close as 12 lunar distances away.

However this does not rule out the scenario that out gassings or fragmented boulder impacts will nudge a few rocks towards the earth to burn up in our atmosphere.

This time round it is unlikely to be any spectacular bolides from this comet.
In future returns they may.

http://www.bautforum.com/another thread.html (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=39561)

Glom
2006-Apr-15, 03:13 PM
Julien claims (http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/EricJulien-En.htm) that the comet (http://cometography.com/pcomets/073p.html)'s fragmentation isn't natural, but caused by extraterrestrials who are apparently displeased with our stockpiling of nuclear weapons, so they allegedly broke the comet apart to use it as a weapon with the intention of a fragment (or more) impacting the Earth as a "public warning."

A liberal doomsayer? That's a twist.

Can the tsunamis happen in the Atlantic? It is a constructive plate boundary.

OptimusShr
2006-Apr-15, 03:26 PM
Perhaps they've already met via the aliens. :D

Like an intergalactic dating sevice?

Sorry, I had to say it :D

vonmazur
2006-Apr-15, 04:19 PM
Does he explain cattle mutilations and the mothman too???

Dale

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Apr-15, 04:54 PM
I also notice that the planets that are shown are about the same size as the sun, so I suspect that the aliens are also going to shrink the sun, probably by washing it in hot water.

Really, it all is very clear to me now. :shifty:

You mean the sun is NOT made of pre-shrunk fabric? I wanna talk to Slartibartfast, the warranty was supposed to last 9500 million years BEFORE it shrank! These Magrathea people are becoming more irresponsible everytime!, THEY ARE GONNA HEAR FROM MY LAWYER! I WANNA TALK TO THE MANAGER! :lol:

Editted for spelling :D

Count Zero
2006-Apr-16, 11:36 AM
Well, sure, that soundsIn their culture, probably all communication is done through . . . hitting people on the head with comets.
Great. Now in my dreams I see a cosmic version of Monty Python's "fish-slapping dance" (http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_video/fish.avi)...

Wolverine
2006-Apr-16, 09:19 PM
In case anyone's the slightest bit interested, I've written a more detailed article (http://www.wolverinesden.org/2006/04/14/fragmented-logic/) on the subject.

Swift
2006-Apr-17, 09:34 PM
Consequently, vis-a-vis the nuclear armada created by humanity, vis-a-vis the laser program of directed energy weapons, certain ‘star visitors’ have taken "convincing" measures and decided on the use of a first public warning for MAY 25, 2006, a few weeks before the launching of the nuclear offensive against Iran, involving an escalating potential for planetary atomic war which, I point out it, would destroy whole or part of the planes of existence, invisible in our eyes, where the ‘star visitors’ live.
Actually, I regret to inform you all that it is already too late. The planes of existence invisible to our eyes have already been destoryed. The destruction happened last Thursday when a Jacob Grimesly of Atlanta mowed his grass a little too short. All of this was shown to me in a dream, communciated by an invisible hobbit (as opposed to an invisible elf). I hope this doesn't ruin your day. :(

Laguna
2006-Apr-17, 10:38 PM
Actually, I regret to inform you all that it is already too late. The planes of existence invisible to our eyes have already been destoryed. The destruction happened last Thursday when a Jacob Grimesly of Atlanta mowed his grass a little too short. All of this was shown to me in a dream, communciated by an invisible hobbit (as opposed to an invisible elf). I hope this doesn't ruin your day. :(
From what you dream, I would think that you visited the green dragon once too often. ;)

Omicron Persei 8
2006-Apr-17, 11:57 PM

Well it ruined mine! *sniff* That poor grass...

TriangleMan
2006-Apr-18, 11:04 AM
Well at least now we know the true purpose of crop circles - a war to annihilate the invisible planes of existance. :D

Forskern
2006-Apr-18, 11:45 AM

Pre-emptive strike anyone?

N C More
2006-Apr-18, 12:06 PM
...which, I point out it, would destroy whole or part of the planes of existence, invisible in our eyes, where the ‘star visitors’ live.

Say, I just thought of something...is this the same "planes of existence" where Van Rijn's invisible backyard elf originated? Maybe the elf is actually an ET? Maybe the Invisible Pink Unicorn, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster dwell there as well?

Quick! I must obtain some StarBurst candy, form a telepathic link, and find out! (Hey, my name is Nancy too! It has to work, right?)

Night G
2006-Apr-18, 03:51 PM

But they already tried that strategy. Remember that whole "Cookbook" thing back in the early 60's.

Extravoice
2006-Apr-18, 04:18 PM
But they already tried that strategy. Remember that whole "Cookbook" thing back in the early 60's.

Yummmmmmm...."To Serve Man"

ggremlin
2006-Apr-18, 04:36 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to start the 666 rumor. You know June 6th, 06 at 6:06:06 (pick your own timezone), the world will end, because(please pick from the numbered list). :)

PhantomWolf
2006-Apr-19, 07:30 AM
Well not the end of the world, but I have seen a claim that the "AntiChrist" will be publically revealed that day, though probably not as such I'm guessing.

Van Rijn
2006-Apr-19, 09:48 AM
Say, I just thought of something...is this the same "planes of existence" where Van Rijn's invisible backyard elf originated? Maybe the elf is actually an ET? Maybe the Invisible Pink Unicorn, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster dwell there as well?

Quick! I must obtain some StarBurst candy, form a telepathic link, and find out! (Hey, my name is Nancy too! It has to work, right?)

You figured it out. Yes, I haven't talked about it, but I believe my elf is an ET that came here via the eighth dimension! AND I THINK SHE HAS MIND POWERS!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/s060.gifUhm, what was I just saying then? Who? Where? Nevermind.

mid
2006-Apr-19, 10:45 AM
1) if you're going to pick a funky date, I'd go for 01:02:03 on 04/05/06 myself.

2) 15,000 knots/hr is perfectly believable. It's only an acceleration of 0.022g.

:)

Donnie B.
2006-Apr-19, 02:04 PM
Well not the end of the world, but I have seen a claim that the "AntiChrist" will be publically revealed that day, though probably not as such I'm guessing.Let's see now... when do you suppose Tom and Katie were planning on showing off their little Tomkitten to the eager world? Sometime in early June, perhaps? :razz:

ggremlin
2006-Apr-19, 02:25 PM
Let's see now... when do you suppose Tom and Katie were planning on showing off their little Tomkitten to the eager world? Sometime in early June, perhaps? :razz:

I believe that would be May 5th, not June 6th, surprising at the same time as MI3 is going to tank, pardon me, premiere.

Nicolas
2006-Apr-19, 04:47 PM
I, for one, welcome our new comet-slinging overlords.

(It had to be said.)

Everyone was thinking it, but if it is not actually said, it's just not the same indeed :D

mugaliens
2006-Apr-21, 09:55 AM
"...a méga-tsunami in the Atlantic Ocean I had experienced in a lucid dream three years ago, would occur around MAY 25, 2006."

Ok. And until May 26th, we should all drink and be merry, as there's absolutely nothing we can do about this.

Come to think of it, there should be more doomsdayers - it'd give us all more opportunities to drink and be merry!

Klausnh
2006-Apr-21, 03:27 PM
Ok. And until May 26th, we should all drink and be merry, as there's absolutely nothing we can do about this.

German folk song:

Am 30sten Mai ist der Weltuntergang. Wir leben nicht mehr lang'. Wir leben nicht mehr lang'.

Joff
2006-Apr-21, 03:29 PM
Well I for one am going to borrow a huge amount of money and have a rollicking good time for the last few weeks of existence... it's the only way to go.

Gerrsun
2006-Apr-21, 06:42 PM
Well I for one am going to borrow a huge amount of money and have a rollicking good time for the last few weeks of existence... it's the only way to go.

Ah, the old 'Rockhound' retirement fund!

Gruesome
2006-Apr-22, 02:15 AM

I guess my opinions would be in the same ballpark. Where are my credit cards?

The part of the original story I found particularly entertaining, was the theorized connection with crop circles. Oh my God! Finally, someone has determined the cause of those disturbances. Who would have thought they were harbingers of comet impacts. I mean, how have we not figured that one out?

But if a comet chunk does strike the earth and I am privileged any given number of milliseconds to witness the event, I imagine I could care less for Bad Astronomy or how what transpires before my eyes jibes with current physical theory...No.

I just want it to look cool.

Wolverine
2006-Apr-25, 04:43 AM
Oh joy. Eric Julien will be on Coast to Coast (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/04/24.html) tonight for the first hour.

Last Thursday (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/04/20.html), Michael Salla was on C2C pimping Julien's doomsday cometary claims; he's quite possibly the most credulous guest I've ever heard on the program (no easy feat). Upon opening up the phone lines, Richard Hoagland was the very first caller. These claims are so far-fetched that Hoagland went on the air to avidly debunk them. It was pretty funny... just how far out on a limb do you have to be for Hoagland to shoot down your assertions?

Cl1mh4224rd
2006-Apr-25, 04:49 AM
It was pretty funny... just how far out on a limb do you have to be for Hoagland to shoot down your assertions?
I'm vaguely reminded of the old Looney Toons cartoons where the characters can walk on air... as long as they don't look down.

Wolverine
2006-Apr-25, 04:59 AM
I'm vaguely reminded of the old Looney Toons cartoons where the characters can walk on air... as long as they don't look down.
:D :D

What struck me about Hoagland's comments -- he actually did a decent job tackling the 73P scenario and illustrating its threadbare silliness. I couldn't help but wonder how he could so easily and sensibly tear down other astronomical woo² while maintaining his own.

PhantomWolf
2006-Apr-25, 06:31 AM
Actually Hoagland does a lot of debunking because he believes that silly clams will detract from his "real" ones. He has done a pretty good Apollo Hoax Debunking page too.

mugaliens
2006-Apr-25, 03:34 PM

No, Swift, it hasn't ruined my day, for the Gods have communicated the same to me, although through a piercing ear wash I received while surfing, that subsequently directed me to sell my world possessions and pay homage to my homeland via three carefully selected postcards, namely those bearing the smudgeprints of a rather fat little dwarf at the local fair. He claimed he was just ten years old but I knew in my heart he was disguising his age, and thus his magic!

My apologies if any of you have overweight children...

mugaliens
2006-Apr-25, 03:41 PM
:D :D

What struck me about Hoagland's comments -- he actually did a decent job tackling the 73P scenario and illustrating its threadbare silliness. I couldn't help but wonder how he could so easily and sensibly tear down other astronomical woo² while maintaining his own.

Wow - I read from your site: "Think about that for a second… just how screwed are you when Richard Hoagland even regards your ideas as nonsensical? That was really funny."

That was a bit of a chuckle to read that!