PDA

View Full Version : BA logo

Glom
2003-Mar-25, 11:13 PM
BA has recently swapped the old logo on the home page for the one he uses here with the pretty colours. What is it that's backdropping the name?

g99
2003-Mar-25, 11:22 PM
cougth..cougth... http://www.badastronomy.com/info/logo.html ....cougth. ;-)

Glom
2003-Mar-25, 11:29 PM
Cheers. It's obviously new, which explains why I hadn't seen it before.

g99
2003-Mar-26, 04:13 AM
Actually i didn't notice till you said so. Then i clicked on it on the main page and it took me to that page. Interesting. I like it better than the old one.

I wonder how he made it. Photoshop and layers? Seems the most sense to me. Have the background one layer and the lettering another. Then just move the background around till you get it to look good.

AstroCreep
2003-Mar-26, 12:41 PM
I would have created the letters in photoshop, and used the magic wand tool to select the letters. then copy the image of the nebula, and choose paste>insert into. and BAM, the nebula is inside the letters. you can then move the nebula pic around until you get the desired look.

LunarOrbit
2003-Mar-26, 04:27 PM
Using Photoshop, all you have to do is have two layers... one with the text and one with the backdrop (with the backdrop layer on top of the text layer). Then create a clipping path (difficult to explain) between the two layers, that will remove the backdrop from everywhere except where the text is.

I guess it does the same thing that AstroCreep said except Photoshop does most of the work for you.

Kel