PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for The Bad Astronomer

tazmandevil3
2003-Mar-26, 04:13 AM
What bookstores is your book available in, if any?

If anyone else who has his book bought it at a book store, please tell me which one.

This is a bit off-topic, but I found it funny that I am also interested in astronomy, and my name is also Phillip. I just spell it with two L's instead of one. :)

g99
2003-Mar-26, 04:16 AM
I have found it in noth Books-a-million and Barnes and Nobles. I have not looked in Borders, but i imagine it is there. Plus you can try www.amazon.com or www.ebay.com. Or if you really are lazy, just click on the link on the main page then follow the text to order from this site (or something like that) and there you go.

gethen
2003-Mar-26, 01:43 PM
I ordered the book from Amazon.com.

David Hall
2003-Mar-26, 02:13 PM
I'm sure that Bad Astronomy is the same as most other books in the way it's distributed. Whether or not it can be found in any local store usually depends on the person in charge of stocking it. In small stores it's probably just the owner or a manager and in large chains it's some corporate buyer or such deciding which store carries which books. They try to order books from the publisher that they think are going to sell well. You're more likely to find it in a store with a good science section, but you never know where it might turn up.

If you don't find it on the shelf then most stores can special order a title or perhaps have it transferred from another branch. Just ask a clerk. Of course nowadays it's even easier to just order titles online and have them delivered directly to your door, as mentioned above.

tjm220
2003-Mar-26, 04:37 PM
Got mine from Chapters.

ahb
2003-Apr-08, 09:20 PM
Got mine from Borders.

Tito_Muerte
2003-Apr-09, 03:48 AM
amazon.ca for me.... a great read! (even got Sagan's Demon Haunted World while I was at it :) )

ahb
2003-Apr-12, 02:29 AM
The book was inspiring. I balanced 4 eggs after reading about the Vernal Equinox.

The Bad Astronomer
2003-Apr-13, 06:51 PM
The book was inspiring. I balanced 4 eggs after reading about the Vernal Equinox.

Heh. My 7 year old daughter just balanced an egg in about 30 seconds this morning. Today is April 13.

The book is still in bookstores; I just saw it in one in the Denver airport. You can always click here, too (http://www.badastronomy.com/amazon.html).

frenat
2003-Apr-13, 08:24 PM
found it in Waldenbooks.

TriangleMan
2003-Apr-14, 11:07 AM
Got mine at the Air & Space Museum in Washington cause I figured there was no way the museum's book store would not have it.

Vega115
2003-Jun-20, 03:02 AM

Heh. My 7 year old daughter just balanced an egg in about 30 seconds this morning. Today is April 13.

The book is still in bookstores; I just saw it in one in the Denver airport. You can always click here, too (http://www.badastronomy.com/amazon.html).

Yea, For a vernal equinox project in science, I actually used proof from this site (i cited it of course!) and I brought in an egg to prove it to the class, and they were all, "Its not the Vernal Equinox! You cant do it!" (it was March 25th or something....the schedule got backed up for some reason) and i balanced the egg was said, "Take that!" :D

NASA Fan
2003-Sep-18, 03:56 AM
I got my copy today at the giftshop at my work, though it was the only copy :( (sorry BA)

One Day More
2004-Jun-05, 09:49 AM
I know this may seem an odd question, but is your audience aimed at mostly "grown ups"? I'm sixteen-would this age be okay? Something tell me, however, I just need a good knowlege of the English language! :lol:

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Jun-06, 01:03 AM
The audience for the book is anyone who is interested in astronomy. Almost all of it is written for people who know very little about it. I would say 16 is maybe the bull's-eye of the target audience! :D

Master258
2004-Jun-06, 01:59 AM
Got it for a birthday gift.

Andromeda321
2004-Jun-06, 08:26 PM
I know this may seem an odd question, but is your audience aimed at mostly "grown ups"? I'm sixteen-would this age be okay? Something tell me, however, I just need a good knowlege of the English language!
We read the BA's book in my astro-related high school course this year. No one had trouble reading it and on the countrary we all liked it a lot better than that heavy stuff they make you read in English class (like all those Russian novels that never seem to end...).

Brady Yoon
2004-Jun-07, 04:14 AM
I also got mine from Borders.