PDA

View Full Version : Our school library....

peter eldergill
2006-May-11, 05:44 PM
Phil, just wanted to let you know that I got our school librarian to pick up a copy of your book. It's now in the science section....hopefully some kids will read it!

I'll push the book as much as I can

Pete

Roy Batty
2006-May-11, 06:25 PM
A good example of one person making a difference that will hopefully effect many :clap:;)

Noclevername
2007-Apr-11, 09:44 PM
Hear, hear! The world needs more people like you. Nor is it likely to get them.

The Bad Astronomer
2007-Apr-14, 07:18 PM
Thanks! I always love hearing that (even if really all the students should go out and buy their own copies...). :-)

Gillianren
2007-Apr-14, 07:26 PM
I don't usually buy new books unless I've read them first. (Really cheap used books, I'll buy.) Quite a lot of the books I've owned, I first read in a school library.

Your next book, however, I will be buying new, because it fits into the other category in which I'll spend the money for new--"books where I already know and like the author." Though, I'll admit, I don't usually know and like the author personally.

Jeff Root
2007-Apr-15, 08:58 AM
At the moment I don't recall exactly when this occurred, but it was
probably after I had graduated from high school. I saw a book in a
bookstore, and the forward was written by someone I knew. I ended
up buying three copies, getting them signed by both my friend and the
author, and giving copies to my high school library and to the library
of the junior high school where the librarian at my junior high school
had moved to after my school closed. The book was "Wonder and
Glory", a collection of science essays by Clifford D. Simak.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

kiless
2007-Aug-06, 11:22 AM
Apart from buying for local libraries, donating to a local school is something I'd encourage.

Also, if you're not able to buy it yourself, you can suggest the library use their funds by writing a letter or putting into a suggestion box that a library might have. :)