PDA

View Full Version : Bad Movie - Lost In Space

Code Red
2002-Jan-14, 03:24 PM
I made the mistake of allowing myself to be shown this on video last night.

I didn't notice any bad astronomy in particular - it was just a bad movie...

Cons - Unintelligable plot, poor acting, Joey from Friends.

Pros - The girl who played Penny was pretty cute...

EckJerome
2002-Jan-15, 04:52 PM
I took my then 9-year old Godson to see the movie. He was so excited...he still talks about it. I didn't/don't have the heart to tell him what I thought of the movie itself...nevertheless, it is a happy memory.

Eric

Russ
2002-Jan-15, 09:21 PM
D'oh I done admire yous guys intestinal fortetude up gud. Dat moovy was sow dum I kudant wach da hol ting. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And here I thought "The Avengers" was the worst possible remake of a TV show. I was only able to get through about 1/4 of LIS before my gag reflex forced me to turn it off. I give it 27 thumbs down. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Donnie B.
2002-Jan-16, 01:35 AM
At least it was a bad remake of a bad TV series, so the disappointment factor was low.

Now imagine if they made a lousy movie of a great series like "Star Trek"... how awful would that make us feel...

Hey, wait! They did! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Russ
2002-Jan-18, 05:50 PM
On 2002-01-15 20:35, Donnie B. wrote:
At least it was a bad remake of a bad TV series, so the disappointment factor was low.

Now imagine if they made a lousy movie of a great series like "Star Trek"... how awful would that make us feel...

Hey, wait! They did! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yes! "Star Trek: The Movie" a rehash of "The Changeling" from TOS. Can you believe they released a new version with a LONGER!? flyover of Veger?!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Donnie B.
2002-Jan-18, 06:04 PM
Well, to be fair, I did like some things about ST:TMP. It had a great sound track, excellent special effects, and a nice sense of the awe and wonder of space.

However, the denoument (where we realize that it was just a reprise of "The Changeling") was a major disappointment. Why Roddenberry settled for that script I'll never know.

SeanF
2002-Jan-18, 06:13 PM
Actually, anybody who hasn't should check out the new director's cut of ST:TMP that's available now on DVD (and VHS, I believe). It gives you a much clearer idea of what V'Ger actually is, and cuts out some of the unnecessary stuff. It's a much better movie than it was before.