PDA

View Full Version : How observant are you?

ToSeek
2006-May-21, 06:22 PM
How observant are you? (http://www.blogthings.com/howobservantareyouquiz/)

I got a B+.

Pleiades
2006-May-21, 06:48 PM
Okay some of the answers aren't correct. I got a b+ and then tried to find which answers were wrong, I came up with women's blouses, since I'm wearing one and the buttons are on the left - I said left and got it wrong.
Oh well.

ToSeek
2006-May-21, 06:56 PM
In a discussion about this quiz, someone pointed out that the direction for the blouses is based on someone looking at the blouse, not the person wearing it, which seems inappropriate.

Pleiades
2006-May-21, 06:58 PM
That would explain it.

larkspur
2006-May-21, 07:11 PM
I found a similar test with the answers at the bottom of the page. This test says the buttons are on the left on a woman's shirt. All my shirt buttons are on the left also.
http://www.joygreetings.com/common.htm

ToSeek
2006-May-21, 07:23 PM
The answers (at least it gave me an A+ when I entered these):

1. Bottom. 2. Right. 3. Q, Z., 4. 1,0. 5. Red. 6. 88. 7. Bottom right. 8. 12. 9. Right. 10. Clockwise. 11. 8. 12. 8. 13. Ace of Spades. 14. Left. 15. 3.

Tog
2006-May-21, 08:39 PM
Okay some of the answers aren't correct. I got a b+ and then tried to find which answers were wrong, I came up with women's blouses, since I'm wearing one and the buttons are on the left - I said left and got it wrong.
Oh well.

A man's shirt has the buttons on the side where the left arm goes through the arm hole. Traditionally, women's blouses were on the other side. The reason for this is supposedly that men dressed themselves, while women had an assistant dress them. Reversing the buttons made it easier for a right handed assistant to fasten them. At least that was the explanation I've heard. I know the shirts we used to have at work had them on gender specific sides. I also saw a 2 minute mystery with pictures, where the killer has to replace his own bloody shirt with a clean blouse from the woman's apartment. The clue was that his tie clip was on the wrong side. I'm assuming it wasn't tailored.

The first time I saw this quiz it had 23 questions and I got 21 of them. One that was left off off of this version was "how many lugnuts does a strandard car wheel have? 4, 5, 6, or 8. I think that was way to open as far as what is standard. Their answer was 5.

Grand_Lunar
2006-May-21, 08:58 PM
I got "A/B".

mickal555
2006-May-30, 10:00 AM
Hmmm

To US-centric for me... :(

Lance
2006-May-30, 01:39 PM
I got an "A". I answered left for the blouse buttons as well.

Gruesome
2006-May-30, 03:04 PM
***Your Observation Skills Get An A-***
Hardly anything gets by you...
You have a great memory and eagle eyes.

Of course, one could argue that the stop sign question is ambiguous. They have two sides....front and back.

Sp1ke
2006-May-30, 04:18 PM
I got a C - mainly for not being American, I think. My phone dial has *all* the letters on it. No idea what a standard hot dog package is. My shirt buttons are on the right and I don't think I'm a lady...

i only ponder
2006-May-30, 07:29 PM
C+ but thats pretty good considering im not american. how the hell would i know whether the first stripe is red or white?!

crosscountry
2006-May-30, 10:28 PM
In a discussion about this quiz, someone pointed out that the direction for the blouses is based on someone looking at the blouse, not the person wearing it, which seems inappropriate.

same thing for the fan: looking from above or below, and if you have it on reverse.

many questions with debatable answers.

crosscountry
2006-May-30, 10:30 PM
A man's shirt has the buttons on the side where the left arm goes through the arm hole. Traditionally, women's blouses were on the other side. The reason for this is supposedly that men dressed themselves, while women had an assistant dress them. Reversing the buttons made it easier for a right handed assistant to fasten them. At least that was the explanation I've heard.

I thought it was so we could take them off easier:lol:

snarkophilus
2006-May-31, 10:04 PM
C for me. This despite knowing the American things, like the Statue of Liberty hand (thank you, Ghostbusters). The red strip atop the flag is easy to figure out, because when you see the flag on a white page, it doesn't look cut off; therefore, the top and bottom stripes must both be red.

I've never had a phone without Z (9 always has WXYZ), but none I've had has ever had Q. Easy enough to guess. 0 usually has the letters "OPER" (for operator), but I understood that. The fan and blouse button questions are silly, as has been mentioned, but so is the venetian blinds one.

Hot dog buns: the big grocery store near my house sells one type in bags of 8/16 and another in bags of 10, while the corner store has them in 12 packs.

And seriously, I haven't seen a VHF dial in fifteen years. The old TV had 12 buttons, channels 2 through 13, and the older TV had a dial with those channels, plus two more selections which I think were inputs from external sources.

And, just to be pedantic, while I'm railing against this thing for giving me a bad mark, I submit that a stop sign has ten sides. In addition to the rectangular faces, it also has an octagonal front and back. :)

suntrack2
2006-Jun-06, 10:58 AM
very nice toseek, infact i was trying to get the A+ but it was not happen, following was my result.

***Your Observation Skills Get A B+***

Your senses are pretty sharp (okay, most of the time)
And it takes something big to distract you!

How Observant Are You?
http://www.blogthings.com/howobservantareyouquiz/

jimc5499
2006-Jun-22, 04:53 PM
I want the last 15 minutes of my life back.

Ronald Brak
2006-Jun-22, 07:23 PM
Telephones numbers have letters and radios and TVs have dials? Hotdog buns come in packages? Crikey, I think I'll have to remember this test the next time someone starts talking about IQ differences between cultures.

Tensor
2006-Jun-22, 09:02 PM
I'm with Gruesome, A-

TheBlackCat
2006-Jun-23, 06:35 PM
I got an A B

The skeptic
2006-Jun-23, 07:05 PM
I got an F...I'd be more observant if I were blind!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then, I am in the UK...:sick: :silenced:

Māori
2006-Jun-24, 01:59 AM
***Your Observation Skills Get A D+***

You know that you remembered to put on underwear today...
But really, that's about it!
:o

Wolf-S
2006-Jun-28, 11:36 AM
"Your Observation Skills Get A B+"
Had no idea about:
- Telephone dial letters
- VHF TV dial channels

ToSeek
2006-Jun-28, 03:54 PM
"Your Observation Skills Get A B+"
Had no idea about:
- Telephone dial letters
- VHF TV dial channels

Us old folks have an advantage, I think.

gwiz
2006-Jun-28, 04:16 PM
B-. Not too unhappy seeing I'm not from the US and several questions are ambiguous.

George
2006-Jun-29, 04:44 AM
B+, the blouse was unfair.

Maksutov
2006-Jun-29, 05:20 AM
***Your Observation Skills Get A B***

Your senses are pretty sharp (okay, most of the time)
And it takes something big to distract you!

CAUTION: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!

4. What 2 telephone #'s don't have letters by them?

On all my phones 0 has the letters OPER next to it.

10. Which way do fans rotate?

All my fans are reversible.

11. How many sides does a stop sign have?

10: eight edge sides plus front and back.

14. On which side of a venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?

All my venetian blinds have a rod that you turn to do that. It's on the left side.

Maksutov
2006-Jun-29, 05:26 AM
Here are the results for the Machiavellian test:

You Are Somewhat Machiavellian

You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!

Neat graphic, called "a_little_mach.jpg".

Mak.

Mellow
2006-Jul-05, 08:25 AM
Yup, too Amreican for me.....

"In America, first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the wooomen"

Rystefn K'ryll
2006-Jul-07, 04:09 AM
Buttons are ALWAYS on the right side. Period. You may say this depends on the direction from which you are looking at them, but logic would dictate that you answer the question from the point of view of the person operating the buttons.

Some of you may say something about women operating their own buttons, and to them I say: If you stand by and let a woman undress herself, you're missing out.

Sarawak
2011-Nov-28, 12:29 AM
How observant are you? (http://www.blogthings.com/howobservantareyouquiz/)

I got a B+.

Same here. It is very US-centric.

FarmMarsNow
2011-Nov-28, 01:00 AM
I got a C minus but didn't look to see what I missed.

Swift
2011-Nov-28, 01:54 AM
I observe that this a 5 year, 4 month old thread. :p

Chuck
2011-Nov-28, 09:12 PM
C- for me. How should I know how the letter are arranged on a phone? My first phone number was CH1-2514, but I don't look at the letters any more.

Sarawak
2011-Dec-28, 08:04 AM
C- for me. How should I know how the letter are arranged on a phone? My first phone number was CH1-2514, but I don't look at the letters any more.

Because the voice recognition works so well?

Gigabyte
2012-Jan-04, 11:55 PM
B+, but I didn't answer the letters on a phone question, because new phones have all the letters on them, unlike the old style ones. (because of texting I assume)

So I did it again and answered it, and got an A-

Sarawak
2012-Jan-08, 02:33 PM
Next time I have an opportunity, I'll have a look at what appears on the buttons on Arabic phones.