PDA

View Full Version : Official Star Trek Auction

Tog
2006-May-21, 08:17 PM
Paramount is selling off a lot of original ST stuff at auction.

Link (http://reuters.excite.com//article/20060519/2006-05-19T142938Z_01_N18309683_RTRIDST_0_ODD-LEISURE-STARTREK-DC.html)

publiusr
2006-Jun-28, 04:48 PM
No money. sigh

ToSeek
2006-Aug-02, 06:35 PM
'Star Trek' Collectibles Begin Pre-Auction Tour (http://www.space.com/entertainment/ap_060802_trek_memorabilia.html)

“Star Trek'' memorabilia spanning four decades – including Vulcan jewelry and Starfleet mini-dresses – went on display Wednesday in London in preparation for the first official auction of studio items from the sci-fi phenomenon.

The collection of more than 1,000 items is being sold CBS Paramount Television to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first “Star Trek'' TV episode, said Helen Bailey, head of entertainment collections at Christie's auction house. The show ran from 1966 to 1969, but spawned five spinoff series and 10 films.

Weapons and models of the Starship Enterprise from the original series to the 2002 movie “Star Trek: Nemesis'' remain on display at Christie's in central London until Tuesday, before going to four U.S. cities en route to Christie's in New York City for the three-day sale beginning Oct. 5.

ciderman
2006-Aug-14, 06:59 PM
Here's the auction house site (Tog's link isn't working for me) - http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/overview.asp
Don't like their exchange rate:( I'd recomend paying in dollars!
Edit: sorry to you guys in London not to have spotted this a few days ago!

NEOWatcher
2007-Feb-27, 05:39 PM
Here's the auction house site (Tog's link isn't working for me) - http://www.christies.com/special_sites/startrek/overview.asp
Don't like their exchange rate:( I'd recomend paying in dollars!
Edit: sorry to you guys in London not to have spotted this a few days ago!

OK; resurrected thread, but it was on the History Channel last week, and I finally had the chance to watch it.

First off: it was a very interesting show. And, it was nice to see some of the items outside of their theatrical environment.

It was interesting how Christies grossly underestimated the value of the items.

Now those of you debating in the Patrick Stewart thread (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=54202)... this show portrayed just the opposite thought. (although being a good actor, I'm sure he can portray any point of view)

For some reason though, Leonard Nemoy made a comment that somehow sticks in my craw. He said something about the show travelling to different galaxies each week. I can only think of one instance where TOS went outside this galaxy, and that was just past the "outer rim" and not to another galaxy. I wonder who scripted that statement.

novaderrik
2007-Feb-27, 07:01 PM
maybe he screwed up his line and said "galaxies" when he was supposed to say "star systems" and the editors thought it sounded cool, so they used it.
either way, that was some neat stuff.. i wanted the "hero" model of the Enterprise D- but i don't think i had half a mil laying around at the time..

ToSeek
2007-Feb-27, 09:20 PM
OK; resurrected thread, but it was on the History Channel last week, and I finally had the chance to watch it.

First off: it was a very interesting show. And, it was nice to see some of the items outside of their theatrical environment.

It was interesting how Christies grossly underestimated the value of the items.

They often do, but not usually to that extent.

Van Rijn
2007-Feb-27, 09:25 PM
For some reason though, Leonard Nemoy made a comment that somehow sticks in my craw. He said something about the show travelling to different galaxies each week. I can only think of one instance where TOS went outside this galaxy, and that was just past the "outer rim" and not to another galaxy. I wonder who scripted that statement.

Heh. Star Trek got that one mostly right, but that was something you saw in a lot of movies and series. Among others, I believe the old Battlestar Galactica had them going from galaxy to galaxy on a weekly basis, and the Invaders came from another galaxy. It seems to be a common mistake to confuse galaxies with stars.

Maksutov
2007-Feb-28, 05:53 AM
I wonder what happened to all the stuff that didn't make it to the auction?

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Feb-28, 06:03 AM
I wonder what happened to all the stuff that didn't make it to the auction?
:whistle:

publiusr
2007-Mar-09, 09:01 PM
Heh. Star Trek got that one mostly right, but that was something you saw in a lot of movies and series. Among others, I believe the old Battlestar Galactica had them going from galaxy to galaxy on a weekly basis, and the Invaders came from another galaxy. It seems to be a common mistake to confuse galaxies with stars.

It used to be that galaxies were also called "universes" and the star systems, 'galaxies' for some reason...due to their common disk shapes I suppose.

One word used to describe the kernal that exploded into the big bang was 'the monoblock' or monoblok---you don't hear that one very often anymore...