PDA

View Full Version : Why so few stories?

Blondy
2006-May-22, 02:04 AM
I was looking at the dates for stories. You only put up twoor three a day. That's not a magazine. Its a page at most. Maybe you should change the name to Universe Monthly so you atleast have a sizable quantity of good stories. Where are the reporters and story writers?

ToSeek
2006-May-22, 02:27 AM
That's 60-90 stories a month. How much astronomy news do you think there is?

Maksutov
2006-May-22, 02:00 PM
That's 60-90 stories a month. How much astronomy news do you think there is?Well as soon as Planet X begins its long awaited inward journey, and Venus springs from the mind of Jupiter, and the Second
Coming of the Jupiter Effect completely reorganizes the Solar System, they'll be plenty of news to report on.

Blondy
2006-May-23, 12:18 AM
Five today! But nothing over the weekend. :(

I WANT MORE!

:lol:

Blob
2006-May-23, 01:31 AM
Hum,
i know what you mean.
i can't get enough info too.

I'll post a few stories from my blog forum to keep you happy...(er, just for today)

suntrack2
2006-May-24, 08:17 AM
blob is intelligent, he wants "more stories" on today, but on tomorrow how many stories he wants he has not mentioned yet. very nice question he has raised "why so few stories". :)

Blob
2006-May-24, 05:19 PM
Hum,
Well, i guess this is really a chat forum and not a news portal, and it's Fraser Cain's choice on what is news worthy or not for his magazine.
Such is life..

But, there is nothing stopping us, the users, posting an article or news link that we have spotted....

"Fly, my pretties! Fly, fly!" - Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns.

suntrack2
2006-May-25, 09:55 AM
no, Blob, I don't think that this is a chating portal, you know that in the general chating portal the users use different different language, but here you can see the nice people with nice language. That's awesome, and as you are telling that where are the writers? in my opinion most of the writers seen particularly in "summer" do least writing, because due to the their exams, due to the thesis submissions, and many other unavoidable work and asignments they already have, hence I don't think that this is the permanent problem. You have to wait.

sunil

pasander
2006-Jun-19, 01:03 AM
I was looking at the dates for stories. You only put up twoor three a day. That's not a magazine. Its a page at most. Maybe you should change the name to Universe Monthly so you atleast have a sizable quantity of good stories. Where are the reporters and story writers?

You are right. There were much more stories a month or two ago. While Universe Today was my favourite astronomy news website earlier, the recent lack of content has led me to favour SpaceDaily and SpaceRef. Of course there is Space.com, but their annoying ad campaign put them to the last place. I think their ad-between-story-link <expletive removed> has now been discontinued, so I may again start to follow their content more.

Anyway, I wish Universe Today would give me more, every day.

Jerry
2006-Jun-19, 05:12 PM
SpaceDaily and SpaceRef have more bodies to chase somewhat obscure stuff- US congress committee actions that don't make the general press, for example. Frasier does a good job of finding highlights, but with much of the research community vacating during the summer, there is less to pick from.

jseefcoot
2006-Jun-23, 05:39 PM
I love the website and forum both. I would rather get the stories that matter to me than to have to sift through every little report to find what I want to know. And if I'm curious about something that hasn't been on the website, you bet that there's a thread about it in the forum somewhere. If not, you can always start one.

Everyone's tastes are different. No one can satisfy everbody all the time, but you can satisfy most of the people, most of the time. Universe Today is a great site! Keep up the good work!!