PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox Jewish scientists speak on science

Dunash
2002-Jan-15, 11:41 AM
http://www.borhatorah.org/home/conference/abstracts4.html

Russ
2002-Jan-15, 02:02 PM
So what is your point in posting this link? You seem to think there is some significance to these Jewish scientists voicing their opinions on the Torah in light of science but you make no comment or observation on their discourse. So I say again, what's your point? Speak up! Honest thoughts and discussion are welcome here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not sure this will really count as a postnrun but that kind of thing'll get you banned around here.

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jan-15, 02:29 PM
On 2002-01-15 09:02, Russ wrote:
So what is your point in posting this link? You seem to think there is some significance to these Jewish scientists voicing their opinions on the Torah in light of science but you make no comment or observation on their discourse. So I say again, what's your point? Speak up! Honest thoughts and discussion are welcome here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not sure this will really count as a postnrun but that kind of thing'll get you banned around here.

I gotta agree with you. This is using science to validate religious belief. Interesting philosiphy, but hardly astronomy related.

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Jan-15, 02:59 PM
It is astronomy related; the first talk mentioned on the page is the 6 days of creation.

I am not a creationist /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif, but it is certainly on topic to post an announcement like that here. It's not really a post-and-run in this case if it is an announcement as opposed to one of Mifletz's link to a contentious page with no followup.

Having said that, I wil note that there will be discussion about that link, Dunash, so I strongly urge you to post your comments as well defending it. Otherwise it does indeed come across as a troll-like behavior.

Argos
2002-Jan-15, 03:00 PM
On 2002-01-15 09:29, Valiant Dancer wrote:

On 2002-01-15 09:02, Russ wrote:

I gotta agree with you. This is using science to validate religious belief. Interesting philosiphy, but hardly astronomy related.

And I just gotta endorse you.

Russ
2002-Jan-15, 03:34 PM
Now that we all agree. What's your point Dunash?????