PDA

View Full Version : 06/06/06 is approaching...

kucharek
2006-May-31, 05:50 PM
Any doomsday predictions out there in the wild? Or do we have to make our own? I mean, 06/06/06 = 6/6/6 = 666. Hey, you could make so much out of this!

korjik
2006-May-31, 06:27 PM
grrrrrrrr. it is 6/6/2006 or 662006. last time I checked 666 not= 662006.

sorry, 2 second rant there.

we should have started a thread a couple months ago (mebbe april 1 :) )about the asteroid that was going to hit the earth on 6/6/6. prolly could have got alot of mileage out of it if we could have kept a straight face, so to speak

phunk
2006-May-31, 06:43 PM
The only disaster I predict for 6/6/06 is the new remake of the omen.

Rift
2006-May-31, 07:27 PM
Dang Korjik beat me... Also depends which calender you go with julian or gegorian.. (or jewish, or muslim, or chinese, or....)

Celestial Mechanic
2006-May-31, 07:50 PM
The only disaster I predict for 6/6/06 is the new remake of The Omen.
And that's disaster enough. Who could ask for more? :D

Gillianren
2006-May-31, 08:17 PM
Does anyone else suspect that the only reason they made the remake was to release it on 6/6/06?

ggremlin
2006-May-31, 08:23 PM
I posted in We're Doomed(Again)http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=40469 thread asking about 6/6/06.

Guess what that brought up, "The Anti-Christ" and a movie.:whistle:

I'm not clairvoyant nor do I play one on TV.

Rift
2006-May-31, 11:46 PM
Dang, I just remembered, I have a doctor's appointment on the sixth.

Maybe the earth will end before I have to go...

Peter B
2006-Jun-01, 12:46 AM
I wonder what terrible disaster happened on 6.6.06, as in 6 June 1906?

Or perhaps the PTB covered that up, and the world actually hasn't existed for nearly a century! :-o

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-01, 01:27 AM
Well there was D-Day in 1944 and five years later 1984 was published. The other more notable events would be RFK's assasination in 1968 and in 1636 American colonist Roger Williams, a puritan banished from Massachusetts Bay Colony, founded the colony of Providence on Rhode Island - an area with complete religious freedom.

source (http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/this_day_in_history/this_day_June_6.php)

AGN Fuel
2006-Jun-01, 03:24 AM
Well there was D-Day in 1944 and five years later 1984 was published. The other more notable events would be RFK's assasination in 1968 and in 1636 American colonist Roger Williams, a puritan banished from Massachusetts Bay Colony, founded the colony of Providence on Rhode Island - an area with complete religious freedom.

source (http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/site/this_day_in_history/this_day_June_6.php)

I think the point that Peter B is making is that we had a 06/06/06 100 years ago in 1906, with no disastrous effects.

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-01, 03:48 AM
I think the point that Peter B is making is that we had a 06/06/06 100 years ago in 1906, with no disastrous effects.

I know that, I was just pointing out some other fun 06/06's, though obviously none for 06/06/1906, 1806, 1706, 1606, 1506, or any other *06. (not even for the 66's)

Thus really, what is the 6th of June 2006 going to be?

The 62nd anniversary of D-Day and the 370th anniversary of the establishment of Providince Rhode Island. I guess it will be special for those involed there, but for most of us it'll just be another Tuesday.

Trebuchet
2006-Jun-01, 04:00 AM
.... for most of us it'll just be another Tuesday.
It'll be the second day of my vacation! That's got to count for something. :)

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-01, 04:26 AM
Well the 5th is Queen's Birthday here so it's a holiday Monday, so the worse things for me is that I'll have to get up and go to work in the morning.

Josh
2006-Jun-01, 04:51 AM
I was listening to the radio last night and some daft woman was ranting about doctors not allowing her to induce her baby which is due on the 6 June. She is scared of giving birth to the anti-christ and so wants them to induce before the 6th. But they seem to be refusing. They must be satanists i guess.

Maksutov
2006-Jun-01, 05:05 AM
I was listening to the radio last night and some daft woman was ranting about doctors not allowing her to induce her baby which is due on the 6 June. She is scared of giving birth to the anti-christ and so wants them to induce before the 6th. But they seem to be refusing. They must be satanists i guess.I take it she couldn't remember who the father was? Hmm, a talking female jackal. What will those animal trainers come up with next?

BTW, in the original The Omen movie, the birth took place at 6 AM on June 6th, thus taking care of the whole year question. Numerology lives!

:doh:

Quantum_Raider
2006-Jun-01, 05:34 AM
Well, something even worse than 3 sixes is 4 sixes

On this day: 6/6/66 (an "End of the World" thats even worse than the normal "End of the World" ?)

June 6, 1966 Gemini 9 completes 45 orbits after rendezvous with "angry alligator"

kucharek
2006-Jun-01, 06:07 AM
The only disaster I predict for 6/6/06 is the new remake of the omen.
Funny. One hour after my first posting, I saw the trailer for this on tv the first time, emphasizing the release date. "Here we go!", was my thought.... :-)

Tog
2006-Jun-01, 06:21 AM
Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of june
In a kenworth pullin' logs
Cab-over pete with a reefer on
And a jimmy haulin' hogs
We is headin' for bear on i-one-oh
'bout a mile outta shaky town
I says, "pig pen, this here's the rubber duck.
"and i'm about to put the hammer down."

Convoy by CW McCall

Not sure if this supports or refutes the 6/6 disaster thing :D

jt-3d
2006-Jun-01, 07:06 AM
I predict that I'll be drinking beer and watching war movies. The Longest Day and Saving Private Ryan for starters. I further predict that I'll be regretting those beers on the 7th much the same as I am right now. ugh

Maksutov
2006-Jun-01, 08:45 AM
Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of june
In a kenworth pullin' logs
Cab-over pete with a reefer on
And a jimmy haulin' hogs
We is headin' for bear on i-one-oh
'bout a mile outta shaky town
I says, "pig pen, this here's the rubber duck.
"and i'm about to put the hammer down."

Convoy by CW McCallWhoa! Rhyming "Moon" with "June"! Now that's something. I wonder how many song writers and poets followed CW McCall's lead? :think:
Not sure if this supports or refutes the 6/6 disaster thing :D Sure did fer them hogs, good buddy, fer sure, fer sure! This here's the one Iceman, we be down 'n on the side....

Obviousman
2006-Jun-01, 08:56 AM
I predict that.......

something baaaaaaaad will happen.

You'll spill your drink.

The car won't start.

There'll be a car crash with people killed.

I'd bet good money that the media will report that something baaaaad happened.

Sticks
2006-Jun-01, 09:31 AM
Tuesday night is laundry night

dirty_g
2006-Jun-01, 12:11 PM
nobody cares about the actual year 666 AD. I'm SO HURT. Everyone remember then? Whooh we were all worried then too!!

Jakenorrish
2006-Jun-01, 12:33 PM
The only disaster will be that it will spew forth a whole new bunch of CT'rs with no scientific knowledge or new ideas to bring to the party. Darn!

Kennewick_man
2006-Jun-01, 05:07 PM
It'll be the second day of my vacation! That's got to count for something. :)

I put in for a personal holiday ... payroll will look at it and recoil in horror (I like to freak them from time to time out anyway) - and that's if they even notice the date.

Mostly, I just have to take it before I lose it. Good of day as any.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Jun-01, 06:23 PM
I predict I'll have lunch on June 06/2006 :lol:

triplebird
2006-Jun-01, 10:25 PM
06-06-06 will be the day payroll is finalized for the previous week (05-29 to 06-03) at my job. Since 06-06-06 = 666 = sign of the devil, and payroll = money, it proves that money is the root of all evil.

:D

Brent

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-02, 12:32 AM
Since 06-06-06 = 666 = sign of the devil, and payroll = money, it proves that money is the root of all evil.

Except that 666 isn't the sign of the Devil.

triplebird
2006-Jun-02, 03:22 AM
PhantomWolf wrote: Except that 666 isn't the sign of the Devil.

Beast, Devil, blah, blah...they're all the same. J/k :D

(Slightly more) seriously, though, I was going on the definition of 666 being the mark of the Antichrist, who--possibly incorrectly--is equated with ol' Mr. S. of the land of Fire and Brimstone. 666 is also interpreted by some to be the "mark of commerce".

Some of this information came from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Brent

Sticks
2006-Jun-02, 04:11 AM
it is the love of money that is the root of all evil, get it right :naughty:

Gillianren
2006-Jun-02, 04:28 AM
Newer, better interpretations actually go with 616 as the number of the Beast, meaning it's probably Tiberius, not Nero, to whom it refers.

jaydeehess
2006-Jun-02, 04:42 AM
Let's see, Jesus died in 30 A.D. so what happened on June 6 when he was 4 years old?

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-02, 07:18 AM
I was going on the definition of 666 being the mark of the Antichrist

Fair enough, most peoiple think the same, doen't make it right though. ;)

Really it's a Numerical representation of a man who puts himself in place of God. Even the term "The Antichrist" is wrong. The person usually identified by most people as the Antichrist is never actually called such. He is refered to as the Prince to Come, The Son of Perdition, The Beast and few other thiongs, but never actually The Antichrist. Interestingly Antichrist really means "In place of Christ" so the term is consistant with the numerical representation, though probably a better term is The AntiGod..

It's just one of the wierd ideas that comes from Bible from those thsat are a little ignorant of it's contents, like Adam and Eve eating an apple (It was named as the fruit of knowledge of good and evil), Jonah being swallowed by a whale (it says it was a large fish specially prepared), Noah taking two of every animal onto the ark (it says seven of every clean and two of every unclean), Moses brought down the plauges on Egypt. (Most were done through Aaron.) And so on......

Anyway, there in ends the Theology lesson before I get told off for getting religious.

Sticks
2006-Jun-02, 01:12 PM
If I may beg the court's indulgence, the first epistle of John refers to many anti-christs.

Lost Johnny
2006-Jun-03, 01:54 AM
Tuesday June 6th is the day Underworld Evolution is released, Hooray!, Now there is a fine film, everything one could want to know about Vampires,Lycins and vampire.lycan hybrids who sleep with vampires hotties (Kate Beckensale) will be answered, I wonder how many facts have been uncovered by the makers of the Underworld franchise, what an age we live in, I am counting the minutes. Oh yeah and Hank Williams the 3rd is meeting with Laveys grandson for some sort of event, I wonder if Kid Rock will be there, probably not.

jrkeller
2006-Jun-03, 02:21 AM
Let's see, Jesus died in 30 A.D. so what happened on June 6 when he was 4 years old?

The Book of Revelation where the number of the beast first appears was written in or around 100 AD. But other fun dates like 6/6/666 and 6/6/1006 have also come and gone.

In an interesting quirk my driver's liscense ends in 666. Actually its kind of fun, because its always a good conversation starter when I have to present my ID.

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Jun-03, 04:46 AM
I think it highly unlikely that the author of the Apocalypse would be revering
to a year numbering system that was invented (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysius_Exiguus#Anno_Domini) some 450 years later.

Sticks
2006-Jun-03, 05:12 AM
My dribblings about 666 are here (http://worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@@.1de2d9f8), so as not to infringe this forum's no religion rule

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Jun-03, 05:18 AM
06-06-06 will be the day payroll is finalized for the previous week (05-29 to 06-03) at my job. Since 06-06-06 = 666 = sign of the devil, and payroll = money, it proves that money is the root of all evil. :D
Actually, evil is the root of all money. ;)

SOFTEC
2006-Jun-03, 06:04 AM
I'll bet 6/6/2006 will be a day just like the day before and the day after. Maybe it will rain, maybe it won't. Someone will die, someone will be born.

The only thing to come of the day, is proof that all the numerology stuff is buke and fortune tellers are frauds.

yourself88x
2006-Jun-03, 08:25 AM
and a littel peice from revalations"no man knows the hour" so that just prooves all speculation of 6/6/06 being dooms day wrong lol

Gillianren
2006-Jun-03, 09:11 AM
I'll bet 6/6/2006 will be a day just like the day before and the day after. Maybe it will rain, maybe it won't. Someone will die, someone will be born.

The only thing to come of the day, is proof that all the numerology stuff is buke and fortune tellers are frauds.

Oh, it'll rain. Anyway, it'll rain here. It's Washington. It always rains here. (Also, quite a lot of people will be born and quite a lot of people will die.)

galacsi
2006-Jun-03, 10:05 AM
HELL ! I did not think about it !

And my new project launch meeting on Monday 06/06/06 !

Sticks
2006-Jun-03, 10:28 AM
HELL ! I did not think about it !

And my new project launch meeting on Monday 06/06/06 !

That would be 05/06/06

galacsi
2006-Jun-03, 10:34 AM
That would be 05/06/06

You are right i would be saved except my meeting is actually Tuesday !

BertL
2006-Jun-03, 03:42 PM
I'm going to tell my teachers what I really think of them on the fifth.

mugaliens
2006-Jun-04, 10:57 PM
A friend of mine showed me something very interesting with a Dollar Bill, the Roman numeral system, and 666. I wouldn't ordinarily post it, but most of you seem interested.

My question is - are you interested in seeing how the connections relate?

Let me know.

Grashtel
2006-Jun-04, 11:42 PM
A friend of mine showed me something very interesting with a Dollar Bill, the Roman numeral system, and 666. I wouldn't ordinarily post it, but most of you seem interested.

My question is - are you interested in seeing how the connections relate?

Let me know.
I'm curious to see what your friend has come up with. It would probably be a good idea to put it in a new thread though

mugaliens
2006-Jun-05, 12:05 AM
Well, I'll give you the gist of it here. If you or others think a new thread is warranted, please advise.

Take any U.S. Dollar bill. Note the Roman Numerals for the year our nation was founded on the back, at the bottem of the pyramid. Pyramids are key, here, as they're very Masonic in origen, in accordance with the design of the dollar bill itself.

The numbers read: MDCCLXXVI, which stands for 1776, the year our nation was founded.

Or does it? Perhaps it stands for something else, with but a simple hidden message buried in Masonic tradition, which dates back to the Pyramids.

Let's take the pyramid, a key Masonic symbol, a step further. An additional key is the number three (Trinity, etc.). So, let's use three pyramids, and arrange the numbers in order: MDC-CLX-XVI, as follows:

M

D -- C

C

L -- X

X

V -- I

Now let's translate the pyramid:

M: 1000
D: 500
C: 100
L: 50
X: 10
V: 5

Thus, the numbers at the top amount to 1,000, 100, and 10 - the basis of the decimal system.

But the numbers at the bottom, the foundation, "DCLXVI", amount to 500+100+50+10+5+1, or 666.

Yeah, I find it rather spooky, as the stats against it being mere coincidence are rather staggering.

GDwarf
2006-Jun-05, 12:22 AM
Actually, just to be a pain, I'll say that since there's no evidence of it being anything but a coincidence, the odds of it being one are 100%, rather like the odds of me typing this after it's typed is also 100%.

AGN Fuel
2006-Jun-05, 12:27 AM
Arbitrarily throwing in a variable, arbitrarily organizing the numerals into pyramids (and why M D-C instead of D M-C which would be an intuituive clockwise sequence?) and then arbitrarily selecting groups from those pyramids to add together - and all from a known date in history and a quite mundane method of displaying numbers (and to achieve what particular purpose anyway?)

Forgive me if I'm not blown away...

AGN Fuel
2006-Jun-05, 12:35 AM
Now let's translate the pyramid:

M: 1000
D: 500
C: 100
L: 50
X: 10
V: 5

Thus, the numbers at the top amount to 1,000, 100, and 10 - the basis of the decimal system.

Why would the PTB glorify the decimal system in their arcane crytography? Or are you suggesting that they are implying that the decimal system is evil?

(Wasn't it the Simpson who pointed out that it is the StoneCutters that keep the metric system down?)

Grashtel
2006-Jun-05, 12:39 AM
Oh, one of those things where you rearrange and mangle the numbers until you get what you want (in this case 666). There are various permutations of that idea floating around, my favorite is:

Is Barney the Antichrist?

Ok admit it, you've always wondered about that too good to be true purple dinosaur. You've watched the show a few times and there was nothing identifiably wrong with the show or Barney himself was there?. but I discerned something sinister running amok. Now I have proof!

Proof that Barney, the cute purple dinosaur, is the Antichrist can be ascertained with a little numerical study of his name and description.

Given: Barney, a cute purple dinosaur.

Step 1: Extract the Roman numerals from the given.

(Remember since the Romans had no letter 'U', we must replace each instance of 'U' with a "V")

Initial conversion: BARNEY A CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR

Roman Numercial extraction: C V V L D I V

Step 2: Add them: 100 + 5 + 5 + 50 + 500 + 1 + 5 = 666

Irrefutable proof! Christian Parents are advised to get all their kids Barney tapes and burn them!

There are various other ones that "prove" Bill Gates, David Hasselhoff, and likely various other people (I stopped looking after David Hasselhoff) are the antichrist/satan/whatever.

Gillianren
2006-Jun-05, 01:33 AM
Why would the PTB glorify the decimal system in their arcane crytography? Or are you suggesting that they are implying that the decimal system is evil?

(Wasn't it the Simpson who pointed out that it is the StoneCutters that keep the metric system down?)

It was indeed. Also, they made Steve Guttenberg a star.

AGN Fuel
2006-Jun-05, 01:45 AM
They have much to answer for!

:lol:

Cl1mh4224rd
2006-Jun-05, 03:01 AM
Pyramids are key, here, as they're very Masonic in origen. . .
I've seen other people say this and I just don't understand it. Did the Masons invent the pyramid? Someone better tell Mother Nature...

Tog
2006-Jun-05, 06:33 AM
There are various other ones that "prove" Bill Gates, David Hasselhoff, and likely various other people (I stopped looking after David Hasselhoff) are the antichrist/satan/whatever.

I don't recall the specifics, but the Bill gates one did have one part that cught my eye. It had to be his full name. William (initial) Gates III. When the letters in Willaim (initial) Gates were converted to numbers, I think by a simple substitution A=1 B=2 ... Y=25 Z=26, you got 663. Then you add in the three 'I' s for a total of 666. But I is 9, not 1.

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-05, 06:38 AM
The Masons were around in Anicient Eygpt?

Maksutov
2006-Jun-05, 08:05 AM
This just in. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060604/ap_on_fe_st/party_in_hell) At least some folks are approaching the whole thing with the proper attitude! :lol:

Maksutov
2006-Jun-05, 08:23 AM
Here's the forecast for Hell for 20060606.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7011/forecastforhell0hj.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forecastforhell0hj.jpg)

Looks like a high of 82o F.

Jakenorrish
2006-Jun-05, 09:56 AM
Well, if the devil is going to have his way I expect tomorrow to bring forth the following announcements:

NASA announces the Huble Space Telescope is being sold to Bill Gates who plans to charge us $1 to view each new image.

Kajagoogoo are reforming.

Comedy Central are pulling the plug on the Daily Show and plan to replace it with re-runs of the Waltons.

The Apollo moon landings are shown to have been faked giving CT'rs licence to gloat at me for ever!

Look out folks, it may not only be a date in our calendar after all.....!

Photon
2006-Jun-05, 11:09 AM
It will be interesting to see which world leader suddenly starts wearing a baseball cap to hide his brand new horn buds.

gwilli
2006-Jun-05, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and hopefully, not my last. My daughter just informed me that tomorrow is 666 day, including 06:06 in the morning. BTW, gwilli is pronounced gee willy

gwilli

The skeptic
2006-Jun-05, 12:22 PM
Hi gwilli, welcome to all the fun...:D :D :D :D

I'm on holiday tomorrow, as I don't want miss Armageddon...:lol: :lol:

NEOWatcher
2006-Jun-05, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and hopefully, not my last. My daughter just informed me that tomorrow is 666 day, including 06:06 in the morning. BTW, gwilli is pronounced gee willy

gwilli
Gee willikers... don't you have a calander? It shows tomorrow is 6/6/6, and we always have a 06:06:06 every morning. :D

(I know, you didn't realize the significance of the date)

Gillianren
2006-Jun-05, 07:50 PM
Comedy Central are pulling the plug on the Daily Show and plan to replace it with re-runs of the Waltons.

Impossible! The Waltons is an hour show; it wouldn't fit into the time slot! (Yeah, yeah--they'd pull The Colbert Report as well, I'm sure.)

Wolf-S
2006-Jun-05, 09:18 PM
6/6/6 here. No doomsday. East Pacific/Japan/etc. already had 6:06, so we're probably safe. Good night. :)

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-05, 10:09 PM
Worse things so far were that I fell asleep after the alarm clock went off, then got outside and found my car was iced over and had to defrost it, all resulting in me being 20mins late for work, though since I work flexi-time I can just make it up by working 20mins extra elsewhere.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Jun-05, 10:45 PM
Actually, evil is the root of all money. ;)

Well since I happen to like money, the only thing I can say is:

I am evil! my middle name is Misery!

Elvis has LEFT the building :lol:

Sticks
2006-Jun-06, 05:41 AM
Well someone had to do this :whistle:

The skeptic
2006-Jun-06, 06:59 AM
Everyone still here, then? No apocalypse?

Sticks
2006-Jun-06, 07:24 AM
Everyone still here, then? No apocalypse?

Isn't that what you do when you kiss someone, you pucka lips :D

Any hue, this is (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/5048322.stm)being reported on the BBC website

Maksutov
2006-Jun-06, 07:32 AM
Everyone still here, then? No apocalypse?Still here. Only thing close is the CD player belting out Buffet's Apocalypso. (http://www.lyricsdownload.com/jimmy-buffett-apocalypso-lyrics.html)

Jakenorrish
2006-Jun-06, 10:44 AM
Well, the worse thing so far was the radio playing an Elton John song- pretty bad I know, but I'm optimistic that we'll all be here come 7/6/06! (6/7/06 if you're in the States)

GDwarf
2006-Jun-06, 11:24 AM
Well, 6:06:06(:06:06:06 etc.) on the day 6/6/6 has come and gone here, so I think we're safe, although, there is still 6:06:06 pm (The beast may or may not use a 24h clock.)

antoniseb
2006-Jun-06, 01:06 PM
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid...

That's what came out of my clock radio at 6:06 this morning. So far, it's a normal day. Only had to ban two spammers this morning.

Swift
2006-Jun-06, 01:08 PM
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid...

That's what came out of my clock radio at 6:06 this morning. So far, it's a normal day. Only had to ban two spammers this morning.
and I feel fine.:D

A.DIM
2006-Jun-06, 06:41 PM
666 =

600 - the number of supposed Anunnaki on earth - according to sumerian myth.
60- the number of their leader, Anu.
6 - the number of the first "man" Adapa, an initiate into Anunnaki "Wisdom and Knowledge"

It is no wonder humans are as confused as ever about what the number of the "beast" (Man) actually represents.

R.A.F.
2006-Jun-06, 06:53 PM
666 =

600 - the number of supposed Anunnaki on earth - according to sumerian myth.
60- the number of their leader, Anu.
6 - the number of the first "man" Adapa, an initiate into Anunnaki "Wisdom and Knowledge"

It is no wonder humans are as confused as ever about what the number of the "beast" (Man) actually represents.

So "actually represents" according to myth.

Yeah...that makes sense...

A.DIM
2006-Jun-06, 07:01 PM
So "actually represents" according to myth.

Yeah...that makes sense...

Whoa, you have an uncanny ability for stating the obvious, RAF!

Afterall, everyone else's understanding is based on a distorted westernized christian version, (yours too, no doubt) but yeah, "according to myth."

worzel
2006-Jun-06, 07:08 PM
Well, the tubes were up the spout today, my girlfriends expensive baige handbag has got discoloured and it won't come off, and our 37" sony tv has just packed up. I'm worried.

R.A.F.
2006-Jun-06, 07:08 PM
...everyone else's understanding is based on a distorted westernized christian version, (yours too, no doubt)

no doubt?? :lol: And you would be wrong to assume that. :lol: :lol:

Sticks
2006-Jun-06, 07:13 PM
Well, the tubes were up the spout today, my girlfriends expensive baige handbag has got discoloured and it won't come off, and our 37" sony tv has just packed up. I'm worried.

Aren't you confusing things a tad with a standard Friday the 13th :eh:

I still prefer my take on 666 (I will have to refer to to the earlier link, as posting it again make constitute spamming)

A.DIM
2006-Jun-06, 07:20 PM
no doubt?? :lol: And you would be wrong to assume that. :lol: :lol:

:D

OK, but nothing you have ever stated leads me to think you understand the "number of the beast" any differently than the rest of the western world.

R.A.F.
2006-Jun-06, 07:29 PM
...nothing you have ever stated leads me to think you understand the "number of the beast" any differently than the rest of the western world.

Differently?? I don't put any significance in it at all...I would consider that "different" than the rest of the western world...the assumption you made was to lump me in with "the rest".

Sticks
2006-Jun-06, 07:30 PM
Are we allowed to discuss the number of the beast here, I thought that was a violation of the no religion rule. That was why I put my thoughts elsewhere and put only one link to them. Can we have a ruling on this please.

jt-3d
2006-Jun-06, 10:19 PM
I haven't really got to the beer and war movie thing yet. Still have to take the kid to drum lessons, but I will. Also take a moment to remember D-Day. Just because it's not an even numbered anniversary does not make the date any less important.

P.S. One of my coworkers asked me if I knew what day it was. I said D-Day. He said it's 6/6/6. I reminded him of 1906.

Nicolas
2006-Jun-06, 11:13 PM
That's it, I survived 06/06/06 (and all I got was this lousy T-shirt...)

06/06/06 is one of those rare dates where any notation order of day, month and year does not matter for the resulting date. Indeed, few days will have so much worldwide consistency as 06/06/06. That makes today a day of worldwide peace and harmony; the Beast beaten on its own birthday :).

Blob
2006-Jun-06, 11:26 PM
Hum,
according to a fragment from the Book of Revelation it mentions 616 chi, iota, sigma...

BTW, the name Nero calculates to 616.

Count Zero
2006-Jun-07, 01:34 AM
I just found out my brake pads are worn-out and they're grinding my rotors! OMG, it all true, it's the Apocralypse! Armageddon outta here...

Gillianren
2006-Jun-07, 02:11 AM
Hum,
according to a fragment from the Book of Revelation it mentions 616 – chi, iota, sigma...

BTW, the name Nero calculates to 616.

I thought Nero was 666 and Tiberius was 616, but okay.

And A.Dim, really, the whole "number of the Beast" thing is directly attributable to the Book of Revalation, which was written as current events. You may believe it to have its origins in Sumerian mythos, and most Biblical scholars would agree that large parts of the Bible do, but in this instance, you're wrong.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Jun-07, 02:15 AM
Well, I am happy to announce that as mentioned on This (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=753720&postcount=27) post, I DID have lunch on the 06/06/06 and even better, I did NOT have to pay the bill.

This demostrates the utter infallibility of the Sigma Orionis(TM) Prediction Service (or motto is "100% Accurate Predictions Guaranteed! or your Money Back!) so I expect a long line of customers within the next 3 days willing to pay 695.95 Quatloos per prediction. Our Operators are standing by CALL NOW!

I also would like to announce the availability of our web site (http://www.Im-a-woo-woo.com) and my new book (Sigma Orionis' "How to make accurate predictions in 10 easy steps") which of course is on sale at the website for the modical price of 999.999,95 quatloos

You can hear all about my fantastic predictions on my NON-Toll-Free line 1-900-Woo-Woo

Finally I have would also like to announce that I have just closed a deal a publisher (I-Am-Vain Press), and a major hollywood movie studio (Mystery Pictures: if they make a good movie it's a Mystery!) to publish my Autobiography, the movie will be directed by Ed Wood's grandson and produced by Douglas Adams (with the help of this nice nice lady who is a medium)*

*this was a paid announcement by "There's One Born Every Minute" Enterprises in association with the Woo-Woo Foundation :dance:

sarongsong
2006-Jun-07, 04:42 AM
y...Fear of 666 is so extensive it actually has a name — hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia... MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1501490/20050509/index.jhtml?headlines=true) (!) m

Metricyard
2006-Jun-07, 05:27 AM
What if the person who wrote that 666 was the mark of the beast was dyslexic?

It could have been 999. Guess we'll find out in September 9, 2009.

Or maybe I should go to bed and get some sleep?

Maksutov
2006-Jun-07, 06:12 AM

Or maybe I should go to bed and get some sleep?Good idea. Pleasant dreams while his brother 667 prepares to show up. ;)

Sotos
2006-Jun-07, 10:10 PM

Or maybe I should go to bed and get some sleep?
Or the second 6 should have been the first one, and the first one should have been the third! We're through the looking glass, people!

Nicolas
2006-Jun-07, 11:23 PM
That's it, we passed 06/06/06. From here, there's no way back!

(never mind that this is true for any date, even every moment in time :))

Maksutov
2006-Jun-08, 12:03 AM
As you might expect The Daily Show and The Cobert Repor (on Comedy Central) had a field day with this subject. They usually repeat last night's shows at 7 PM, so check them out right now. Hilarious!

jt-3d
2006-Jun-08, 02:00 AM
As predidcted back on page one, I regret the beers of yesterday.

Maksutov
2006-Jun-08, 05:26 AM
As predidcted back on page one, I regret the beers of yesterday.The beers of yesterday are tomorrow's wort.

mattweather
2006-Jun-08, 07:17 AM
What? What they predicting to happen on 666 or other numbers?

Swift
2006-Jun-08, 01:48 PM
The beers of yesterday are tomorrow's wort.
Yes, but they are good for what ales you.

Sticks
2006-Jun-08, 02:01 PM
Should we now have a thread "06/06/06 is fast receding" ? :D

Maksutov
2006-Jun-09, 12:33 AM
Yes, but they are good for what ales you.Unless you're the gal who couldn't take her various medications with water. That's why she put her Pilsner beer.

Gemini
2006-Jun-09, 01:47 AM
The beers of yesterday are tomorrow's wort.Drink up, the world's about to end! -Ford Prefect (HHGTTG) :D

Laguna
2006-Jun-09, 06:58 AM
Drink up, the world's about to end! -Ford Prefect (HHGTTG) :D
Where is my towel?

Count Zero
2006-Jun-09, 03:32 PM

In that case, it still would have been written as three sixes, but the sixes would have been in a different order. :D

Ara Pacis
2006-Jun-10, 12:48 AM
Well, you could keep this thread alive by predicting that God will return on 7/7/2007 (777).

PhantomWolf
2006-Jun-10, 06:20 AM
Actually it'd have to be the 8th of August 2008 (888 is Jesus' number. ;))

Sticks
2006-Jun-10, 08:46 AM
Actually it'd have to be the 8th of August 2008 (888 is Jesus' number. ;))

I thought that belonged to an online Cassino :shifty:

mattweather
2006-Jun-10, 09:30 AM
Those numbers are numbers. One of them are really happening, maybe 121212, that is ending of the digit numbers, we can't go on 131313. There is no such 13th month of the year, i rather call endovember, LOL.

twinstead
2006-Jun-11, 01:28 AM
Those numbers are numbers. One of them are really happening, maybe 121212, that is ending of the digit numbers, we can't go on 131313. There is no such 13th month of the year, i rather call endovember, LOL.

I would imagine we would start again at 1/1/3001

Count Zero
2006-Jun-11, 02:33 AM
Lousy Smarch weather.

Obviousman
2006-Jun-11, 05:11 AM
It's all true!

On 6/6/06 I caught the flu (symptoms appearing 36 hours later).

(Madeline Kahn voice from Blazing Saddles)
It's twue! It's twue!

NEOWatcher
2006-Jun-12, 01:11 PM
Well, you could keep this thread alive by predicting that God will return on 7/7/2007 (777).
I didn't know he was a Jet setter. :cool: I think Airbus would get very worried with an endorsement like that.:lol:

parallaxicality
2006-Jun-12, 03:12 PM
Tell me, fellow members of the EU, how does it feel knowing that an entire series of scifi novels exists based on the idea that we are soon to be willing desciples of the Antichrist? Bugs the hell out of me, personally

Sticks
2006-Jun-12, 03:52 PM
There is a detailed response to that, but forum rules forbid it :naughty:

parallaxicality
2006-Jun-12, 04:03 PM
Too bad. I was hoping I could discuss this issue without having to trawl through millennial websites.

Sticks
2006-Jun-12, 04:09 PM
Would it be acceptable to give a detailed response on another forum, where this is allowed (i.e one I administer) and give the link here?

parallaxicality
2006-Jun-12, 04:10 PM
Sure. Sounds fun, if a bit intense.

Tinaa
2006-Jun-12, 04:16 PM
The antichrist is not an issue appropriate for discussion on this board.

Sticks, why don't you PM the info to parallaxicality?

Sam5
2009-Jan-22, 09:43 PM
Take any U.S. Dollar bill. Note the Roman Numerals for the year our nation was founded on the back, at the bottem of the pyramid. Pyramids are key, here, as they're very Masonic in origen, in accordance with the design of the dollar bill itself.

The numbers read: MDCCLXXVI, which stands for 1776, the year our nation was founded.

So, let's use three pyramids, and arrange the numbers in order:

We can't do that because there is only one pyramid on the dollar bill. Any trick you do with multiple pyramids has nothing to do with a dollar bill.

Sam5
2009-Jan-22, 09:46 PM
Any doomsday predictions out there in the wild? Or do we have to make our own? I mean, 06/06/06 = 6/6/6 = 666. Hey, you could make so much out of this!

Nothing happened, so doomsday has been updated to 2012. Seems that someone thought of using a Mayan calendar. After nothing happens in 2012, someone else will find some other calendar.

Grashtel
2009-Jan-22, 10:37 PM
Um, Sam5 you do realize that this thread is over two and a half years old so replying to it is kinda pointless?

Sam5
2009-Jan-22, 10:55 PM
Um, Sam5 you do realize that this thread is over two and a half years old so replying to it is kinda pointless?

Today's NWO thread linked to this thread. Perhaps you missed the link. :)

NEOWatcher
2009-Jan-23, 06:31 PM
Today's NWO thread linked to this thread. Perhaps you missed the link. :)
It was only given as a background reference for a live discussion. Your comments fit better over there anyway.