PDA

View Full Version : Can comments come on board - & be edited?

Mungascr
2006-Jun-05, 07:36 AM
Just a small gripe of mine but would it be possible to have BA Blog "Comments" (the one's via FeedBlitz links) threads added / accessed as BAUT forum threads and thus able to be edited?

I'd love to be able to edit my posts there as well as here instead of having to leave them muddled with typos, spacing and other probs. It would be great if they could be listed here perhaps in a folder / listing of their own - or just generally incorporated with other sub-forums like Astronomy, Bad Astronomy Stories, BABBling, about BAUT, etc...

It seems just a tad cumbersome (In My Humble Opinion Naturally) to have the two parallel systems of BAblog-items & comments and then also this BA forum when combining the two would make sense and be consistent and less confusing. (Eg. "now did I post that as BA-blog comment or BAUT forum?) Imagine it'd save on redundant posts and make it easier for people to access & follow. Plus it would introduce more people to this larger part of the forum ..

So please could the "comments" threads (if that's what you call them) just be transferred over via link or something .. ?

Or if not could some editing options please be added to the comments so they too can be corrected?

Or am I just getting too greedy here? ;)
Or missing the perhaps perfectly good reasons for having them separate? (If there are ones please let me know.)

Edited for splling,spacing and ohh, whats the word again.. err.. umm.. let's see, oh yes, excessive verbosity, yeah that was it! ;)

mickal555
2006-Jun-05, 10:59 AM
That would be really awesomely super cool :D.

Roy Batty
2006-Jun-05, 12:37 PM
Fraser has recently hinted (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=42138) that the BA may be taking that route soon... :)

mickal555
2006-Jun-05, 12:55 PM
wow cool- I'd thought that would be a long shot.

It'll increase the traffic to both I think..

Awesomeness :D

The Bad Astronomer
2006-Jun-07, 08:31 PM
Well, I won't let that particular cat out of the bag just yet, but yeah, that's what I'm working on. :-) Actually, there are some issues I'm trying to take care of first. I'm not sure when the move will happen, but it'll be a matter of weeks, not months.

R.A.F.
2006-Jun-07, 08:35 PM
Just so I understand...:)

What we're talking about is the ability to (lets say edit) posts on the blog?

We're not talking about combining the board and the blog, are we? They seem to have a different "set" of rules.

Pardon my "denseness".

ToSeek
2006-Jun-07, 08:44 PM
I think we're talking about a situation similar to Fraser and Universe Today, where the original post on Phil's blog starts a thread here and all ensuing comments go on the thread rather than the blog.

R.A.F.
2006-Jun-07, 08:55 PM
But if the comments are here, wouldn't that change the rules of this board.

I know that there things I say in answer to the blog that I would never say here.

...and wouldn't that also affect the "freedom" with which the BA blogs?

I know I'm missing something...:)

Tensor
2006-Jun-07, 09:00 PM

I know that there things I say in answer to the blog that I would never say here.

I've got the same questions, so I'm missing the same thing, I guess.

ToSeek
2006-Jun-07, 09:14 PM

We're aware of that issue, and we're working on ways of handling it. It's possible that the rules in that area may be different from the rules elsewhere on the forum.

RussT
2006-Jun-07, 09:16 PM
MY VOTE

Please keep the blogging seperate! I will give several major reasons to do so, if requested.

Tensor
2006-Jun-07, 10:51 PM
We're aware of that issue, and we're working on ways of handling it. It's possible that the rules in that area may be different from the rules elsewhere on the forum.

Maybe making it an area someone has to voluntarily sign up for? It doesn't appear on the forum index, unless the person is signed up.