PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Kids meal bags

Tog
2006-Jun-05, 03:10 PM
The girlfriend got one of these the other day. The sides of tha bag were filled with fun sceince 'Facts'. one was "You can jump 6 times higher in space." Now, the probably meant the moon, but even if they did, would it be right?

The other one was a tongue twister that started 'Terry Teranodon...'

hukt on fonix werkt for me

The Bad Astronomer
2006-Jun-05, 04:20 PM
That's funny-- I have that very same bag! I got it months ago, and saved it. It's on my desk here somewhere, bureid under a pile of other things I need to write about... anyway, they obviously meant "on the Moon" but it got screwed up.

Metricyard
2006-Jun-05, 08:26 PM
The girlfriend got one of these the other day. The sides of tha bag were filled with fun sceince 'Facts'. one was "You can jump 6 times higher in space." Now, the probably meant the moon, but even if they did, would it be right?

Wouldn't it proportional to how many kids meal bags the kids have eaten?:dance:

Dragon Star
2006-Jun-05, 08:30 PM
Wouldn't it proportional to how many kids meal bags the kids have eaten?:dance:

Are you suggesting that kids eat bags instead of whats inside them?:D

Metricyard
2006-Jun-05, 10:02 PM
Are you suggesting that kids eat bags instead of whats inside them?:D

Couldn't be any worse than what's inside them:razz:

Seriously though, shouldn't something like this have been caught? What's the point of trying to introduce science to young kids if the persons in charge can't get a simple elementry school fact right?:wall:

HenrikOlsen
2006-Jun-06, 12:48 AM
Well, they can't get the concept of food right, so why expect them to get other facts right?

Maksutov
2006-Jun-06, 04:47 AM
Well, they can't get the concept of food right, so why expect them to get other facts right?Quite true, their conceptualizing stopped with the first word they considered, "profit".

Then perhaps they intended 6 feet to be the nominal value, with a tolerance of +∞/-∞.

At least Long John Silver's made good on their MER/jumbo shrimp promise! :clap:

HenrikOlsen
2006-Jun-06, 07:27 AM
Quite true, their conceptualizing stopped with the first word they considered, "profit".

Then perhaps they intended 6 feet to be the nominal value, with a tolerance of +∞/-∞.
Target circumference?

Maksutov
2006-Jun-06, 07:37 AM
Target circumference?Only down to 6 - 6. The rest of the tolerance in that direction is in case the experimenter is next to a hole, a cliff, or worse...