PDA

View Full Version : I saw an IFO!

tbm
2006-Jun-17, 05:28 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A week or so ago I was washing my wife's Camaro (not mine, dagnabbit!) when I looked up and saw a 4-engined jet airliner pass high overhead, heading southwest. It was in the evening without a cloud in sight and the plane was leaving no contrail (chemtrail?!). A little while later I looked toward the west (the sun was 25-30 degrees off the horizon) and I saw a bright star-like object hovering over the horizon south of the sun. Now, I knew it was the plane that I had just seen minutes ago. But I wonder how many people who are immersed in the UFO/Cospiracy type mindset would have immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was some sort of alien craft. After all, there was no contrail (chemtrail!?), and there was no discernible shape to the bright object (so it must have been disc-shaped I assume). I can just imagine what it may have looked like through a hand-held video camera!

regards,

tbm
_______

Maksutov
2006-Jun-17, 05:48 PM
"IFO". I like that. That would logically lead to "NYIFO", Not Yet Identified Flying Object.

I imagine a UFO/LGM believer would have had a field day. Even if it were pretty "plane" what the object was. Never let facts get in the way of a good sighting!

Re the Camaro, if you don't mind, who paid for it? If you did, it's yours. She's just been borrowing it! ;)

tbm
2006-Jun-17, 05:58 PM
"IFO". I like that. That would logically lead to "NYIFO", Not Yet Identified Flying Object.

I imagine a UFO/LGM believer would have had a field day. Even if it were pretty "plane" what the object was. Never let facts get in the way of a good sighting!

Re the Camaro, if you don't mind, who paid for it? If you did, it's yours. She's just been borrowing it! ;)

The Camaro (1994) in question is my wife's; it was a present to herself when she got her BSN. MY Camaro is a 1969 RS. I've had if for 29 years, but HERS always gets washed FIRST!

tbm

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Jun-17, 09:01 PM
Today I saw a white aircraft in a cloudless sky.
No contrails.
The shadowed wings were almost the same shade of colour as the
background sky, and very hard to see.

So it looked pretty much like a flying cigar.

Maksutov
2006-Jun-17, 09:25 PM
[edit]So it looked pretty much like a flying cigar.I used to see flying cigars back in the 1970s. Every time I saw one, I'd say to myself, "I've got to buy better cigars next time!"

;)

MG1962A
2006-Jun-17, 10:31 PM
Yeah I must admit to making a bit of a hobby of watching aircraft as they turn move around. Looking for the similarities between the changing profiles and the classic descriptions of UFOs.

One interesting one is to have an aircraft flying towards you at night with his landing lights on. Gives the impression, through forced pespective, of a bright light rising from the surrounding countryside