PDA

View Full Version : PM Problem

Melusine
2006-Jun-24, 03:28 AM
Why do I keep getting an error page when I send a PM? I preview my message, then hit submit, get the white error page, hit my back button, hit submit again, then it tells me I have to wait 60 seconds (this time 44 seconds) to send another message. So, I know the PMs are going, and they're in my Send folder, but the error page shouldn't be happening (and it's only been a recent problem).

Is this happening to anyone else? My PC has been acting weird and s-l-o-w lately despite my doing everything I'm told to do to Windows XP to make it run better, so I want to make sure the PM issue is not just happening to me.

Thanks.

Dragon Star
2006-Jun-24, 03:33 AM
I will send you a test PM and see if I get it.

EDIT: It sent, with no problems.

Melusine
2006-Jun-24, 04:05 AM
Yes, it sent, but not without getting the error page and having to hit my back button, and as I mentioned in the reply to you, when I hit my back button it didn't go back to what I wrote in reply--it went back to the message the person had sent me. But then I looked at my Send box, and the message I wrote was there and did go.

There's no doubt they are going, it's just I shouldn't be getting that error page to begin with. ??

Edit: So, you don't think I'm on drugs or imagining things, every time I hit "submit" I'm getting this:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.bautforum.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 400 - Bad Request
Internet Explorer

Dragon Star
2006-Jun-24, 04:14 AM
You have tired clearing your cookies, right? If not do that and give it another try.

(And yes, I got both of your PM's, funny enough, the first was just before midnight here, and the other right after, so they show up as being sent on two different days...:lol: )

Melusine
2006-Jun-24, 05:19 AM
You have tired clearing your cookies, right? If not do that and give it another try.

(And yes, I got both of your PM's, funny enough, the first was just before midnight here, and the other right after, so they show up as being sent on two different days...:lol: )
Thanks DragonStar, I deleted all my BAUT cookies, and that seems to have solved the issue when submitting. I'm not sure I understand why BAUT cookies do these things, (as with when I couldn't log out). I don't have these problems anywhere else. So, for now on I'll just delete BAUT cookies first before asking. :-)

Dragon Star
2006-Jun-24, 05:29 AM
No problem, glad I could be of assistance.:D