PDA

View Full Version : Mean Scientists Dash Hopes for Martian Life

Rodina
2003-Apr-08, 09:15 PM
From the Onion

http://www.theonion.com/onion3913/mean_scientists.html

"PASADENA, CAA team of cold-hearted, killjoy scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory callously announced Monday that the likelihood of complex life on Mars is "extraordinarily low," dashing the hopes of the public just like that...."

skeptED56
2003-Apr-08, 09:26 PM
hilarious :lol: (lmao)

tracer
2003-Apr-09, 03:05 PM
Heh:

"They could be doing such exciting stuff, but they won't," Brooks said. "Rather than using the Hubble Space Telescope to prove the existence of black holes, we should be piloting a fusion-powered spacecraft straight into the heart of them, coming out the other side into a parallel universe populated by our evil, goatee-wearing doubles."

Bill Thmpson
2003-Apr-09, 04:20 PM
:lol: The Onion is one of my favorate web sites. :lol:

Paul Koeck
2003-Apr-09, 04:40 PM
:lol: The Onion is one of my favorate web sites. :lol:

What's even funnier is that Onion articles are often taken seriously by cranks. The Landover Baptist Church website (strictly religious parody) is another source of such articles.

William_Thompson
2006-Jan-22, 08:30 AM
I can relate to the vein of this article.

Candy
2006-Jan-22, 08:35 AM
WARNING: RESURRECTED THREAD! :rolleyes:

Archer17
2006-Jan-22, 09:10 AM
What's your problem William? Do you want to get banned?

What would possess you to take the time (time you claim you don't have) to go through the trouble of regurgitating ancient threads on multiple fora?

Van Rijn
2006-Jan-22, 11:04 AM
And isn't Bill Thmpson also William_Thompson?

No, I don't understand him at all. He can't be bothered to respond to questions and comments, complaining about limited time, then does this.

jkmccrann
2006-Jan-24, 08:09 AM

No, I don't understand him at all. He can't be bothered to respond to questions and comments, complaining about limited time, then does this.

Sock Puppet?????????

R.A.F.
2006-Jan-24, 12:24 PM

Well, both user profiles list the same homepage...

ToSeek
2006-Jan-24, 03:31 PM
Well, both user profiles list the same homepage...

Same homepage but different computers (IP addresses, anyway). And no simultaneous use of the two ids, so it doesn't count as sock puppetry.

N C More
2006-Jan-24, 05:24 PM
Perhaps Mr. Thompson simply changed internet service providers and since his ISP# was now different, he re-registered (this time using his full first name)? It just doesn't seem like something someone would do if they wanted to form a sock puppet...too obvious, IMO.

R.A.F.
2006-Jan-24, 05:30 PM
Perhaps Mr. Thompson simply changed internet service providers and since his ISP# was now different, he re-registered (this time using his full first name)?

That is a reasonable explanation...:)

Van Rijn
2006-Jan-25, 02:13 AM
I actually wasn't thinking of sock puppetry (it is an old ID). I just find it interesting that he found it necessary to comment on an old subject he already commented on years ago.