PDA

View Full Version : Podcast: Dark Matter Maps

selden
2006-Jul-14, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately, the blog URL doesn't point to a valid page (at 13:17 EDT)
Oh, and I just noticed that the article is from the future!

antoniseb
2006-Jul-14, 06:01 PM
Strangely, this article has a posting date five months in the future.

2006-Jul-14, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, the blog URL doesn't point to a valid page (at 13:17 EDT)
Oh, and I just noticed that the article is from the future!
Try:

http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/podcast_dark_matter_maps.html?14122005 (actual date December 14, 2005).

BigDon
2006-Jul-16, 08:02 AM
Sorry Mr. Fraiser, the link doesn't go anywhere useful. Now how did my post get above Mr Fraiser's?

RussT
2006-Jul-16, 08:22 AM
Here it is.

I just googled on Dr. James Jee.

http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/podcast_dark_matter_maps.html

RussT
2006-Jul-16, 08:23 AM
My post went above Mr. Frasers also.

RussT
2006-Jul-16, 08:24 AM
And did again, so on this one I went advanced. Lets see what happens.

RussT
2006-Jul-16, 08:26 AM
I guess that Mr. Fraser just has to have the last word...LOL

folkhemmet
2006-Jul-16, 09:42 PM
Is this new research? I wonder if there is anything about this in the astrophysics preprint archive. Hopefully, we will soon be able to give a specific name for the now mysterious dark matter.

neilzero
2006-Aug-13, 10:43 PM
Causality has been distroyed. This tread came up when I clicked on next newest link, and I think today's date is Aug 13 2006. Neil

black hole 7
2006-Oct-04, 03:45 PM
The Universe is dominated by a mysterious dark matter First we should remember that there's no absolute prooves for existing a dark matter. A dark matter exists -so to speak- probably. Sometimes i think it's made up by the scientists to explain the way how the matter of the Universe is distributed. The presumption of existing of dark matter lets us make up our calculations regarding the distributon and movements of all the matter in the Universe.

Dr. James Jee from Johns Hopkins University used the Hubble Space Telescope to create a detailed map of dark matter concentrations around two galaxies. And astronomers just got some new clues.With my all respect to this person, dr. J. Jee is convinced of existing a dark matter. But on the other hand he claimed that a dark matter was never detected. So anyhow your interview with dr. J. Jee didn't kill (so to speak) my scepticism. :)
Of course i don't maintain that there's no mysterious dark matter, but we can,t be sure about existing the one. At least for now... Maybe a dark matter is a big number of barions... Maybe the cause of the movement and distribution of galaxies is something another. :think: We just still know to little about the Universe.
I think reasonable man should be sceptical till he gets the believable evident.

Fraser
2006-Dec-14, 03:39 PM
What's the Universe made of? Don't worry if you don't have a clue, astronomers don't either. The Universe is dominated by a mysterious dark matter that seems to form the true mass of a galaxy, not the regular matter - like stars and planets - that we can actually see. Dr. James Jee from Johns Hopkins University used the Hubble Space Telescope to create a detailed map of dark matter concentrations around two galaxies. And astronomers just got some new clues.

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2006/12/14/podcast-dark-matter-maps/)