PDA

View Full Version : Matt Damon as young Captain Kirk?

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2006-Jul-14, 06:40 PM
maybe....I sort of can see him in the role.... this is apparently a new rumor that's circulating....

Matherly
2006-Jul-14, 07:05 PM
I've heard the same rumor.

To be honest, I don't think it will take huge acting chops to play Kirk. Pretty much anyone can do it as long as they have chemistry with the actors who play Bones and Spock

SeanF
2006-Jul-14, 07:37 PM
ToSeeked, but I didn't actually mention Damon's name in the post and the link doesn't mention the rumor anymore, so I suppose it doesn't count. :cry:

X-COM
2006-Jul-14, 08:45 PM
Noooooooo, don't make a "young Start Trek", series it may kill Star Trek... Do NOT make a series with the old crew as cadets! Or any other for that matters, it was bad enough to see Wesley Crusher in the Next Generation series.

The Backroad Astronomer
2006-Jul-14, 09:01 PM
As long as now jennifer lopez that combo will kill star trek forever, sorry wrong actor

Chip
2006-Jul-14, 11:48 PM
These rumors are all false. It isn't "young Kirk", its "old Kirk" with Abe Vigoda as the retired Captian. Each episode has him recounting his exploits to a little kid named Johnny would sits in a futuristic highchair that automatically opens Gerber baby food jars while his mom comments: "Gee Grampa Kirk, tell us another one." .

Gillianren
2006-Jul-15, 12:02 AM
I thought he was dead, but I looked it up, and no. 86, but still hangin' in there. Then again, William Shatner, believe it or not, isn't much younger. He's 75! (Actually, I can't quite believe it myself. I keep doing the math in my head--he was born in '31--and I still can't really believe it.)

Tobin Dax
2006-Jul-15, 02:00 AM
Noooooooo, don't make a "young Start Trek", series it may kill Star Trek... Do NOT make a series with the old crew as cadets! Or any other for that matters, it was bad enough to see Wesley Crusher in the Next Generation series.
This is one of the rumors for the next movie, not a series.

Romanus
2006-Jul-15, 05:42 AM
Not a bad choice; for my part, I can't think of another young Shatner-esque guy who would be better. As long as it isn't DiCaprio, Owen Wilson, or Stephen Baldwin. ;)

trinitree88
2006-Jul-18, 09:16 PM
Not a bad choice; for my part, I can't think of another young Shatner-esque guy who would be better. As long as it isn't DiCaprio, Owen Wilson, or Stephen Baldwin. ;)

How about young Zep. Cochran from Montana? He's real. Our discussions of WARP drive on aol.com were real.(He doesn't want to be a statue). It's real.(WARP drive). It would then bring to fruition a sci-fi character...who was actually real. (Unlike Matt & Ben using my life story for GWH, after sitting in on my lecture [Gamma Ray Bursts, A Halo of Neutron Stars at 400 Kiloparsecs?AAPT, 94]at Harvard in the Olney Science center)(They play golf with the Greg and Jim Gurry at Andover CC...friends of the family). Will Hollywood only condone the stolen work of the poor?.....Zep. and his mom were on food stamps at one point....Matt&Ben&Co. cleared 88Million, and an Oscar.:naughty: Pete.

Gillianren
2006-Jul-18, 11:26 PM
I feel I speak for all of us when I say, "What?"

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-19, 01:25 AM
I keep saying that the internet pierces subspace boundaries. It just isn't possible that everyone on the 'net could be from the same universe . . .

Ara Pacis
2006-Jul-19, 01:28 AM
I keep saying that the internet pierces subspace boundaries. It just isn't possible that everyone on the 'net could be from the same universe . . .

So... do you believe John Titor is/was/will be real?

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-19, 03:28 AM
Not in my universe.