PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Planet X?

parallaxicality
2006-Jul-20, 09:36 AM
I still see it in the conspiracy sites, but they don't seem to have changed their stripes since 2003. Are Hazlewood and Leider still at it?

Maha Vailo
2006-Jul-20, 10:46 AM
AFAIK, the whole Planet X thing seems to have faded away.

Wouldn't be surprised if the folks at GLP are still at it, though.

- Maha "X-fooled" Vailo

JimHensonsDayDreamer
2006-Jul-20, 11:09 AM
Oh, It's actually an ANNUNAKI alien ship named NURIBO <-I heard that name somewhere before) that is the cause of the destruction of Atlantis, 10,000-12,000 years ago. They are almost here again making sure we are on the path to ascesion, or on the path to destruction. Either one, they will give us a boost in that direction.

Sources: Paoweb.com

I can't really tell you if I believe that or not.

TriangleMan
2006-Jul-20, 11:37 AM
Nothing has happened to Planet X because it never existed in the first place. However, despite it not existing, doomsayers have it making a return non-appearance in 2012. :rolleyes:

PhantomWolf
2006-Jul-20, 11:46 AM
It got stuck in a cosmic traffic jam and has been delayed till 2012. ;)

twinstead
2006-Jul-20, 11:51 AM
All the real woo woos are too busy spewing spittle that 911 was an inside job to worry about PX...for now at least.

Swift
2006-Jul-20, 01:49 PM
All the real woo woos are too busy spewing spittle that 911 was an inside job to worry about PX...for now at least.
Maybe Planet X caused the WTC towers to collapse during one of its flips? :think:

:p

Astronot
2006-Jul-20, 01:55 PM
You can listen to Nancy Lieder’s more recent musings on BBS Radio. (http://www.bloginservice.com/bbc/archives/the_connection.shtml) You can even download them to listen on you iPod or save them for your grandchildren. In the June 7, 2006 edition, she explains that the Planet X zoomed close to the sun in 2003 and because of a back wash of gravity particles this red planet slowed to take up a position close to the sun. That’s as much as I could stomach. Although Nancy does have a pleasant voice.

jrkeller
2006-Jul-20, 01:56 PM
If you go to Nancy's zetatalk.com site, she's still posting her lens flare photos, but that's about it. 2012 is the new date of arrival.

SpitfireIX
2006-Jul-20, 02:08 PM
[D]espite it not existing, doomsayers have it making a return non-appearance in 2012. :rolleyes:

See here (http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/). Definitely rates "crankiest" on the crank.net (http://www.crank.net/nibiru.html) crank-o-meter. :wall::wall::wall:

Sam5
2006-Jul-20, 03:07 PM
This just in..... exclusive photos.....

http://www.nielspettersolberg.no/filmposters/store_06/l28997.jpg

JFM
2006-Jul-20, 03:35 PM
[D]espite it not existing, doomsayers have it making a return non-appearance in 2012. :rolleyes:

See here (http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/). Definitely rates "crankiest" on the crank.net (http://www.crank.net/nibiru.html) crank-o-meter. :wall::wall::wall:

You want cranky... http://www.grantchronicles.com/ :cool:

Grant is my hero.

Grand_Lunar
2006-Jul-20, 03:43 PM
And what will happen after the no-show in 2012? What will Nancy say then?
Will she keep pushing the date further back? If so, isn't she worried someone is bound to realized there's nothing to her story at all?

ToSeek
2006-Jul-20, 03:44 PM
Nancy is still going strong and claiming that Planet X is in the inner solar system and the pole shift is going to happen. She's gotten awfully vague about when, though, since all of even her most nebulous timing predictions have proven wrong.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Jul-20, 05:36 PM
Nothing has happened to Planet X because it never existed in the first place. However, despite it not existing, doomsayers have it making a return non-appearance in 2012. :rolleyes:

And in other news, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is STILL DEAD!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist (didn't try too hard either) :lol:

Gillianren
2006-Jul-20, 06:49 PM
And what will happen after the no-show in 2012? What will Nancy say then?
Will she keep pushing the date further back? If so, isn't she worried someone is bound to realized there's nothing to her story at all?

If I believed she were running a scam, I'd wonder about that, too. However, certain of her behaviors make me hope her friends and family are working very hard to get her the help she needs.

sts60
2006-Jul-20, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to recall the study (possibly written up in a book?) which investigated what happens to belief groups (to be as nonpejorative as possible) who believe The Big One (rapture, end o' the world, whatever) will happen on a certain date - but of course it doesn't. They found that while some followers of course become disillusioned and leave the group, the leader/prophet's credibility is actually enhanced somehow in the eyes of those who stay. I can't remember why, but it's fascinating and IMO rather sad.

I liked the Taiwanese guy who predicted the Second Coming or such a few years ago, then when it didn't happen said something to the effect of, "Obviously, this prediction was total nonsense." :)

mugaliens
2006-Jul-20, 07:51 PM
I'm sure the study will reveal all.

Cl1mh4224rd
2006-Jul-21, 02:01 AM
Planet X needs a new booking agent. Nancy just doesn't seem up to the task. :p

SilverAssassin
2006-Jul-21, 10:59 AM
I'm guessing that Nancy'll just push the date back further and further until, well, she dies, probably.

(Although we'll hear from her on her deathbed; "I'm not dying, I'm ascending to join the Zetans!...")

GDwarf
2006-Jul-21, 01:34 PM
I actually feel rather sorry for Nancy, I think it's obvious that she actually believes what she's telling everyone, and it's equally obvious that she has a lot of trouble with linking cause and effect correctly (Starburst, anyone?). I certainly hope that she has family and friends who are trying to get her help.

Gillianren
2006-Jul-21, 08:49 PM
I actually feel rather sorry for Nancy, I think it's obvious that she actually believes what she's telling everyone, and it's equally obvious that she has a lot of trouble with linking cause and effect correctly (Starburst, anyone?). I certainly hope that she has family and friends who are trying to get her help.

I'm not at all qualified to make a clinical diagnosis, but I agree that there is something seriously wrong with her. I started believing that it was a scam, but further study has indicated mental illness to me, which makes me pity her rather than despise her.

Jeff Root
2006-Jul-21, 11:49 PM
certain of her behaviors make me hope her friends and family are
working very hard to get her the help she needs.

I certainly hope that she has family and friends who are trying
to get her help.

I'm not at all qualified to make a clinical diagnosis, but I agree
that there is something seriously wrong with her. I started believing
that it was a scam, but further study has indicated mental illness
to me, which makes me pity her rather than despise her.
Nancy is clearly psychotic. I conversed with her in sci.astro
many times over a period of about a year before her predicted
arrival date for Planet X, mostly about things like whether a
prism bends red light or blue light more, and the apparent size
of the Sun in the sky. She believes that a biological device
was implanted in her brain which enables her to communicate with
her alien friends. She has believed that for years -- perhaps
decades, now.

If her family and friends have not yet succeeded in getting
her to accept treatment, then I would expect that they gave
up trying years ago. I'm not familiar with treatments for
psychosis, but my impression is that psychotic episodes can
sometimes be lessened or stopped with medication, but the
delusions usually remain, and talk therapy is unlikely to get
through to such a person. Nancy may be better off with her
hallucinations than with forced medication. At least she does
have a lot of friends because of her hallucinations, even if
they are all either crazy, stupid, or imaginary.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

WaxRubiks
2006-Jul-22, 01:27 AM
all that would happen if she were given anti-psychotics is she might wake up one day and see the world as it really is, and then she would need to be treated for depression. She might be better off as she is. Her preachings are far preferable and less harmful than the global warming denying material that is abound.

Gillianren
2006-Jul-22, 01:30 AM
Actually, based on her behavior, my diagnosis (amateur though it may be) is schizophrenia.

GDwarf
2006-Jul-22, 02:08 AM
Actually, based on her behavior, my diagnosis (amateur though it may be) is schizophrenia.
Which, oddly enough, is what my dad thought. Now, he and I are in no way certified to diagnose that, but he agreed with me that her loose association of ideas seemed characteristic of that.

Gillianren
2006-Jul-22, 06:59 AM
Well, let's see. She has voices that talk to her in her head. She has delusions of grandeur (ie, she's the one the aliens have chosen to save us all, or whatever it is they've chosen her for). "Delusions of reference"--from schizophrenia.com, "when things in the environment seem to be directly related to you even though they are not." Also according to schizophrenia.com, "word salad" is a symptom, and lord knows enough CTers, HBs, and woo-woos have that.

Now. I'm in now way qualified to diagnose. Gods know I could be wrong, and she could be running a scam. But when I heard she'd put her dog to sleep to avoid the trauma of PX, that indicated to me that she believed it all, which indicated schizophrenia to me.

dirty_g
2006-Jul-22, 10:58 AM
Is Cedna not actually Planet X?? Or is it something else???

Jeff Root
2006-Jul-22, 12:05 PM
Sedna is somewhere around Planet Z or so.

I propose that newly-discovered planets in our Solar System be
termed "Seuss Planets", and named appropriately, in alphabetical
order, on beyond zebra.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

antoniseb
2006-Jul-22, 12:18 PM
Is Cedna not actually Planet X?? Or is it something else???

While some may want to call Sedna a planet, it clearly is NOT the Planet X that Nancy is speaking of. Sedna is reddish, and has a mass much less than the mass of our moon. Her planet X is almost completely black, has a mass about 40 times that of Jupiter, and is on an orbit that takes closer to the Sun than we are every few thousand years. She says that she knows about this because friendly aliens told her about it. None of this would matter at all if she didn't have a following.

Jeff Root
2006-Jul-22, 12:20 PM
Yes, Nancy evidently has schizophrenia. But the vast majority
of people with schizophrenia do not experience hallucinations.
Her psychotic hallucinations put her in a rather more elite group.
Schizophrenia describes her essential problem, while psychosis
describes the sensational extremeness of her symptoms.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Jeff Root
2006-Jul-22, 12:47 PM
Sedna is reddish,
Nancy's planet is reddish because it is surrounded by a cloud of
red dust. That does it. Sedna is obviously Planet X! Since
Planet X is close to the Sun now, it stands to reason that Sedna
must be close to the Sun.

(I've never used the expression "it stands to reason" before.
That's fun! I'll hafta use it lots!)

Her planet X ... has a mass about 40 times that of Jupiter
She has always said that its mass is 23 times Earth's mass.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

N C More
2006-Jul-22, 01:01 PM
Wait a darn minute here...let me get this straight. Planet X is large, it's red, it's invisible, you can't see it when it pays you a visit, right?

I have concluded that Planet X just has to be...Santa Claus! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/figuren/n030.gif

Now that we've cleared this up, could Sedna actually be an elf?

Jeff Root
2006-Jul-22, 01:37 PM
We are pretty sure that Planet X is Santa, but so far we've been
unable to determine how jolly it is, which is widely considered to
be the crucial test.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

parallaxicality
2006-Jul-22, 02:39 PM
Please note, this is the actual Santa, not the recently discovered Kuiper Belt Object 2003 EL61, nicknamed "Santa." The two are very different.

Swift
2006-Jul-24, 03:27 AM
This (http://www.smarter.com/search.php?q=Planet+X&t0=&type=source=google_t+013+083_content_Planet_X) is proof that Planet X isn't what it used to be, it's on sale. Next, Planet X will start doing info-mercials. How sad. :(

(it is actually one of the ads on this page)

BLAIR2BE
2006-Jul-25, 02:27 AM
Planet X Is Nothing. Planet Y Was Struck By Planet K. Mars Was A Sattelite Of Planet Y. When Y Was Destroyed Mars Drifted Until She Found Her New Orbit. Pieces Of Y Battered Mars And Earth. That Is What Happened To The Dinosaurs. That Is What Happened To Our Martian Ancestors All Those Mya's Ago. X May Be Out There But I Believe It Is Rather Unimportant As Far As An Affect On Earth People. The Important Issues Are Mars And Planets Y And K. All The Focus On X Is Simply Dis-info And Dis-traction. Look At Hoagland's Bi-modal Tidal Model For Mars. Their You Will Find The Mystery Of Ancient Origins. Planet X- Could It Possible Support Life That Far From Our Star? And As Far As A "mothership" Is Concerned, Checkout Iapetus.

PhantomWolf
2006-Jul-25, 03:20 AM
*sigh*

I don't suppose you are going to be willing to back any of that up with anything more than links to enterprisemission pages, handwaving and "because Hoagland says so", will you?

Gillianren
2006-Jul-25, 04:21 AM
When did Mars become a "she"?

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-25, 04:27 AM
Now that we've cleared this up, could Sedna actually be an elf?

That's it! Sedna is in my backyard . . . :whistle:

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-25, 04:34 AM
Planet X Is Nothing. Planet Y Was Struck By Planet K. Mars Was A Sattelite Of Planet Y. When Y Was Destroyed Mars Drifted Until She Found Her New Orbit. Pieces Of Y Battered Mars And Earth. That Is What Happened To The Dinosaurs. That Is What Happened To Our Martian Ancestors All Those Mya's Ago. X May Be Out There But I Believe It Is Rather Unimportant As Far As An Affect On Earth People. The Important Issues Are Mars And Planets Y And K. All The Focus On X Is Simply Dis-info And Dis-traction. Look At Hoagland's Bi-modal Tidal Model For Mars. Their You Will Find The Mystery Of Ancient Origins. Planet X- Could It Possible Support Life That Far From Our Star? And As Far As A "mothership" Is Concerned, Checkout Iapetus.

Welcome, Blair2be.

Now, this looks like a joke to me, but then, around here, jokes sometimes look like serious statements and serious statements sometimes look like jokes. I detect sarcasm on the whole planet naming and interplanetary gymnastics bits, Writtten Just So. But I've been wrong before.

So, if it is a joke - not bad. If not, please present your evidence.

PhantomWolf
2006-Jul-25, 04:43 AM
So, if it is a joke - not bad. If not, please present your evidence.

To be honest with some of the first posts about this place and no smilies, I took him as being serious.

Redtail
2006-Jul-25, 05:28 AM
*sigh*

I don't suppose you are going to be willing to back any of that up with anything more than links to enterprisemission pages, handwaving and "because Hoagland says so", will you?

You've never seen the 2000 documentary "Mission to Mars"? :dance:

PhantomWolf
2006-Jul-25, 06:29 AM
Was too busy watching the other one, "Red Planet". ;)

Anne Elk
2006-Jul-25, 07:08 PM
One comment on Nancy - Initially I had thought that she was harmless - but when she recommended euthanizing pets prior to one of the planet x arrivals, that crossed the line. Sad that some people actually believed her.

Sotos
2006-Jul-26, 06:08 PM
One comment on Nancy - Initially I had thought that she was harmless - but when she recommended euthanizing pets prior to one of the planet x arrivals, that crossed the line. Sad that some people actually believed her.

We have a friend who went a little crazy because she believed the Planet X nonsense. She seems to have more or less gotten over it now, but for a couple of years she was hunkered down in the Midwest, waiting for the great pole shift. Eventually she ran out of money, began to doubt what she was hearing about Planet X, and came home again, just about in time to help her mom move her ailing dad into a nursing home. Very sad.

She's more like her old self now, but her dad has passed away, and she still will not discuss Planet X or her time away from home. We don't see her very often any more, but I don't think she's ever made up the ground she lost by moving away for all that time. She still seems a little dazed and confused by the world. Sigh.

Astronot
2006-Jul-26, 07:23 PM
And watch out for that planet K-Y (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KY_Jelly), it’s a slippery one.

Extravoice
2006-Jul-27, 08:13 PM
A few weeks ago, I opened a package of Vienna Fingers. (For those who have never had the pleasure, these consist of two elongated vanilla flavored cookies with white filling sandwiched in between. They are ideal for dipping into a glass of milk.)

In the package, I found a mutant "finger" that consisted of three cookies with filling between them. That's cookie, filling, cookie, filling, cookie.

My first thought was to wonder how such an assembly could have been created at the bakery. Sadly, my second thought was to wonder what Nancy would have made of it.

Swift
2006-Jul-27, 09:21 PM
Sadly, my second thought was to wonder what Nancy would have made of it.
Dessert? ;)

Peter Wilson
2006-Jul-27, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to recall the study (possibly written up in a book?) which investigated what happens to belief groups (to be as nonpejorative as possible) who believe The Big One (rapture, end o' the world, whatever) will happen on a certain date - but of course it doesn't. They found that while some followers of course become disillusioned and leave the group, the leader/prophet's credibility is actually enhanced somehow in the eyes of those who stay. I can't remember why...

Same reason they don't legalize drugs. To do so would be an open admission that prohibition is failure; that they have been backing a failure; that they have believed in something totally irrational and insane.

It is easier to keep up the facade than to face the facts.

stutefish
2006-Jul-28, 12:02 AM
Same reason they don't legalize drugs. To do so would be an open admission that prohibition is failure; that they have been backing a failure; that they have believed in something totally irrational and insane.

This theory is contradicted by the history of the Prohibition of alchohol.

I think the following theory better explains the evidence of the Prohibition, the evidence of the war on drugs, and the evidence of the cancellation of the Apollo Project:

They don't legalize drugs because the citizenry hasn't indicated overwhelming support for such a policy.

WaxRubiks
2006-Jul-28, 01:01 AM
I'm trying to recall the study (possibly written up in a book?) which investigated what happens to belief groups (to be as nonpejorative as possible) who believe The Big One (rapture, end o' the world, whatever) will happen on a certain date - but of course it doesn't. They found that while some followers of course become disillusioned and leave the group, the leader/prophet's credibility is actually enhanced somehow in the eyes of those who stay. I can't remember why...

could the answer be that a non-event can be just as stimulating as an event? Everyone anticipates an even gathers for the event which has an effect on some and then there is no even, there is still left on some people a profound(to them) experience.

parallaxicality
2006-Jul-28, 02:25 PM
Question: Over at Wikipedia there's a question mark over how to define "Nibiru." I can't call it a "hypothetical planet", because "hypothesis" implies scientific observation, of which there is none. I can't call it a "fictional planet", as its creator and a number of other people seem to believe it really exists. I can't call it a "mythical planet" because, unless you follow Sitchin's reasoning, it isn't actually in the Sumerian mythologies. So what is it?

Papermache Prince
2006-Jul-28, 03:06 PM
In my opinion, "mythical" is about as close as you can get. It is a modern myth, not an ancient one, but otherwise the definition fits. From Merriam-Webster (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/myth)

1 a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon

The "usually traditional" phrase is the only difficulty I see.

SpitfireIX
2006-Jul-29, 10:29 PM
In my opinion, "mythical" is about as close as you can get. It is a modern myth, not an ancient one, but otherwise the definition fits...

The "usually traditional" phrase is the only difficulty I see.

I would probably choose "purported" if I were trying to be objective. Also from Merriam-Webster (http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/purported):

Merriam-Webster

purport

1 : to have the often specious appearance of being, intending, or claiming (something implied or inferred) <a book that purports to be an objective analysis>...[emphasis original]

I might choose "mythical" if I wanted to use more judgemental language.

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-29, 10:44 PM
Question: Over at Wikipedia there's a question mark over how to define "Nibiru." I can't call it a "hypothetical planet", because "hypothesis" implies scientific observation, of which there is none. I can't call it a "fictional planet", as its creator and a number of other people seem to believe it really exists. I can't call it a "mythical planet" because, unless you follow Sitchin's reasoning, it isn't actually in the Sumerian mythologies. So what is it?

However, they already have a "hypothetical planet" section, which includes things like Antichthon and Planet X:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hypothetical_Solar_System_planets

And the Planet X section does mention Nancy and Nibaru:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_X

I don't have a big problem with "hypothetical" as long as it is noted that no evidence has been found in support of any hypothesis for the existence of Nibaru, Nancy's Planet X, etc.

I think "fictional" actually does fit. It is fictional, whether there are believers or not.

Sotos
2006-Jul-30, 02:29 AM
I'm trying to recall the study (possibly written up in a book?) which investigated what happens to belief groups (to be as nonpejorative as possible) who believe The Big One (rapture, end o' the world, whatever) will happen on a certain date - but of course it doesn't. They found that while some followers of course become disillusioned and leave the group, the leader/prophet's credibility is actually enhanced somehow in the eyes of those who stay. I can't remember why, but it's fascinating and IMO rather sad. (SNIP)

When Prophecy Fails, by Leon Festinger, Henry Reicken, and Stanley Schachter.

NeverAStraightAnswer
2006-Jul-31, 05:31 PM
The funniest thing about this thread is that there is more evidence now of a large undiscovered planetary object than ever before.

Hubble pictures taken of Xena in December 2005 have allowed Mike Brown's team to discovery the planet's actual size. It turns out to be smaller than previously thought, being much the same size as Pluto. But this finding has created fresh controversy.

For Xena to be the size it is, but also as bright as it is, its surface must be extraordinarily reflective. So reflective, in fact, that it is matched only by the Saturnian moon Enceladus, which we now know is spewing out liquid water onto its surface due to the gravitational pull of Saturn.

For Xena to be this reflective, it must also be renewing its surface relatively frequently. Brown suggests two possible mechanisms, working together, for the resurfacing. Xena moves in a very elongated orbit that stretches from 38 to 97 astronomical units (1 AU is the distance between the Sun and Earth). When it is near the Sun in its 560-year orbit, it may have a gaseous atmosphere. But when it moves away, it receives so little sunlight that any atmosphere would freeze onto Xena's surface, leaving it fresh and white. But a similar freeze-thaw cycle occurs on Pluto, which moves from 30 to 50 AU over about 250 years, says Binzel. And it does not have a blindingly bright surface. "So it may also be that fresh methane is leaking out of the surface," suggests Brown. "It would be more like a picture of a steam vent in Antarctica, where the steam instantly freezes onto the surface," he says.

"But he and other astronomers had thought that Xena's interior was made of rock and ice. For gaseous methane to survive within the planet, "you have to have an energy source", says Binzel. Brown agrees: "The real question is: Why would methane leak out of the surface?" Some objects are heated when they are gravitationally stretched and compressed by massive objects nearby. But though Xena has a moon that might be a tenth its size, it is too small to gravitationally deform and heat Xena, says Brown. Similarly, the decay of radioactive isotopes could not provide the necessary heat, says Binzel: "It's a wonderful mystery."

Yet, this small world is apparently alone in the outer solar system; no massive planet comes close to it, or it to them. Without such a gravitational tug, there is no mechanism whereby Xena could be active in any way. Even a small moon accompanying Xena could not be providing the gravitational tug sufficient to cause Xena to spew its contents out onto its surface.

It seems to me that Xena does indeed have such an opportunity. If Xena's orbit took it close to the dark companion of the Sun, then this periodic proximity to the undiscovered planetary object would absolutely provide the right conditions for Xena to act like a comet! You see, if this little world runs a gauntlet between two stars, the Sun and its dark companion, then it could be highly active when passing close to this Dark Star.

Such surfaces are associated with close proximity to massive planets. Yet, Xena is not close to such a planet. It must be meeting up with a massive planet at some stage, or its surface could not be getting renewed as observed. Such an explanation is simple and straightforward; that periodic encounters with the Sun's binary companion refashion the surface of Xena. Xena, a minor planet the size of Pluto, may be acting as a planet-sized comet as it nears the undiscovered planetary object. Such an outburst of inner material would be sufficient to refashion the minor planet's surface.

JimTKirk
2006-Jul-31, 05:49 PM
The article that I found was a little less controversial than what you posted.
http://pr.caltech.edu/media/Press_Releases/PR12832.html

Based on spectral data, the researchers think the planet is covered with a layer of methane that has seeped from the interior. As in the case of Pluto, the methane has undergone chemical transformations, probably due to the faint solar radiation that has caused the methane layer to redden. But the methane surface on Xena is somewhat more yellowish than the reddish-yellow surface of Pluto, perhaps because Xena is farther from the sun.

Also:
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060415/fob8.asp

In the other model, the planet has a methane-rich atmosphere created during the portion of its 560-year-long orbit when it's nearest the sun. As Xena speeds away, the atmosphere freezes on the surface as a bright frost. However, Brown says, it's not clear that such frost would be bright enough to account for the shininess of Xena's surface.

edited to add urls and 2nd quote.

Gillianren
2006-Jul-31, 07:45 PM
The funniest thing about this thread is that there is more evidence now of a large undiscovered planetary object than ever before.

While true, this is definitely not Nancy Leider's Planet X.

Van Rijn
2006-Jul-31, 10:57 PM

Your (quite unlikely) Xena idea aside, what evidence are you referring to?

Also, by "large" what do you mean? Large for a KBO (say, a bit larger than Pluto or the temporarily named "Xena"), larger and more massive than earth, or similar to a gas giant?

And finally, what sort of distance from the sun are you suggesting for this object?

TriangleMan
2006-Aug-01, 04:51 AM
I thought initial speculation was that 2003UB13 started off closer to the Sun and that interactions over time with Neptune caused it to go into its current orbit? I haven't seen any astronomers put forth ideas about interactions with a large planet in the Kuiper Belt.

BLAIR2BE
2006-Aug-23, 02:20 AM
Yes Van Rijn, Tis A Joke. I Do A Lot Of Reading And Contemplating On These Matters, Though I Am Not A Scientist. Phantomwolf, Are Smilies The Only Way You Can Identify A Joke?

PhantomWolf
2006-Aug-23, 03:36 AM
Phantomwolf, Are Smilies The Only Way You Can Identify A Joke?

Unfortunately, that's often the case. Have a read of some of the first posts that those posting them HAVE believed and you might be amazed that you did a pretty good clone of them.

WaxRubiks
2006-Aug-23, 05:13 AM
had me fooled.

2006-Aug-23, 05:17 AM
Have a read of some of the first posts that those posting them HAVE believed and you might be amazed that you did a pretty good clone of them.
Yep. A wildly facetious joke as a first post usually doesn't have the same impact it would coming fom someone who has a more established personality.

Advice to jokers: don't forget to do the set-up before you do the joke.

Van Rijn
2006-Aug-23, 05:30 AM
While I thought it was a joke, I think I made it quite clear that I wasn't certain. (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=791919&postcount=41) There have been times something was so ridiculous that I was certain it was a joke - then was told off by the poster for making fun of their serious comments. Keep in mind that (among other things) folks here have discussed rocky Martian sheep, space based mind control, and shiny solid iron sun surfaces that cast shadows. In each case, it took time to realize just how serious they were.

Gillianren
2006-Aug-23, 06:10 PM
And then more time to extricate oneself from the morass.

BLAIR2BE
2006-Aug-23, 10:09 PM
Sorry! I Lack The Social Skills. This Is A Very Interesting Site And I Enjoy It. My Posts Will Be Few As I Am In A Reseach Phase And Do Not Have Quite The Scientific Facts Others Have On This Site;>)

(im somewhat of a trickster by nature)

NEOWatcher
2006-Aug-25, 01:41 PM
I'm surprised that no-one is calling the IAU decision part of the planet X conspiracy.
IAU was really trying to deny Planet X, and Pluto just got caught up in the definition.

Maksutov
2006-Aug-25, 03:05 PM
I'm surprised that no-one is calling the IAU decision part of the planet X conspiracy.
IAU was really trying to deny Planet X, and Pluto just got caught up in the definition.Well, at least no one can accuse the IAU of being a plutocracy.

2006-Aug-25, 04:25 PM

Planet X? Oh, you must mean the the Planet Formerly Known as X. It's now Planet IX. Get with the program.

Musicat
2006-Aug-25, 04:31 PM
I'm trying to recall the study (possibly written up in a book?) which investigated what happens to belief groups (to be as nonpejorative as possible) who believe The Big One (rapture, end o' the world, whatever) will happen on a certain date - but of course it doesn't. They found that while some followers of course become disillusioned and leave the group, the leader/prophet's credibility is actually enhanced somehow in the eyes of those who stay. I can't remember why, but it's fascinating and IMO rather sad.When Prophecy Fails, by Leon Festinger (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061311324/102-9118032-2245762?v=glance&n=283155)?

N.B.: Check out the prices on the used copies -- up to $2137! Who could have predicted that?

NEOWatcher
2006-Aug-25, 04:47 PM
Planet X? Oh, you must mean the the Planet Formerly Known as X. It's now Planet IX. Get with the program.
At least it's finally appropriately named... Ichs. :sick:

Musicat
2006-Aug-25, 05:16 PM
Or maybe When Prophecy Never Fails (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0195176758/ref=pd_kar_gw_2/102-9118032-2245762?ie=UTF8), by Diana G. Tumminia?

In spite of opposite titles, the two books I referenced appear to be about the same subject, from the same point of view.

Alareth
2006-Sep-05, 06:20 AM
... and shiny solid iron sun surfaces that cast shadows.

I'm sorry, what?

Though I may regret it, I must hear more.

PhantomWolf
2006-Sep-05, 06:36 AM
Do a search for Iron Sun in the ATM section, if you dare.

Van Rijn
2006-Sep-05, 07:07 AM
I sent you a PM on it, Alareth, but yes, a seach on "Iron Sun" or "Michael Mozina" will turn up more than you want.

Alareth
2006-Sep-05, 07:26 AM
Ahhh ... Perception versus reality. I understand completely.

PhantomWolf
2006-Sep-05, 09:52 AM
A lot of Fantasy verses Reality too I think.

planethollywood
2006-Sep-05, 12:54 PM
you guys remember at the time when people were posting about their friend moving to a bunker or a hide away to escape planet X..

I wonder what they're doing now.

hplasm
2006-Sep-05, 01:33 PM
you guys remember at the time when people were posting about their friend moving to a bunker or a hide away to escape planet X..

If you listen carefully, you can hear mumbling coming from the bunkers...:)

MrClean
2006-Sep-05, 02:09 PM
Whatever happened to Planet X?

Ate it. Little dry and needed salt.

jrkeller
2006-Sep-05, 04:28 PM
Nancy is still at it. Here's (http://zetatalk.com/index/zetanew.htm) the latest from her site.

hplasm
2006-Sep-05, 04:40 PM
Nancy is still at it. Here's (http://zetatalk.com/index/zetanew.htm) the latest from her site.

3 minutes on there and now my brain hurts.:sick:

R.A.F.
2006-Sep-05, 05:17 PM
IAU was really trying to deny Planet X, and Pluto just got caught up in the definition.

Well, Sitchin (http://www.sitchin.com/) is none too happy about the IAU decision...and if it makes Sitchin unhappy, then I applaud the IAU decision. :lol:

A quote from that page...emphasis mine...

...the Sumerians were also aware that Gaga/Pluto ended up in the odd orbit next to Neptune. In the Sumerian pantheon, the planet we call Neptune was the celestial counterpart of the Aquarius god Enki. His ‘chancellor’ or ‘visier’ was nicknamed Ushmu, meaning “He ‘of two faces” - and so was he depicted, with one face looking at Enki and a second face looking away from him - exactly the way Pluto looks at Neptune.

Pluto is "looking" at Neptune??? Is that suppose to mean something?

That Sitchin is always good for a laugh...:)

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-05, 05:30 PM
3 minutes on there and now my brain hurts.:sick:

Talk about endurance! I lasted only 30 seconds! :D

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-05, 05:43 PM
Nancy is still at it. [Snip!]
I'm at work right now and I don't want to risk something from her site, but I'll look at it at home where I have OS/2 and Mozilla and don't have to worry so much about web nasties. Then I'll have a laugh and see how much I can stand. :D

Gillianren
2006-Sep-05, 08:39 PM
Talk about endurance! I lasted only 30 seconds! :D

Erm, I skimmed the article titles/dates. Does that count?

Wolverine
2006-Sep-05, 10:48 PM
Well, Sitchin (http://www.sitchin.com/) is none too happy about the IAU decision...

Wow, he actually fought off the urge to pimp his book until the second sentence. S.O.S. (Same Old Shoehorning).

Thanks for posting the link.

Wolverine
2006-Sep-05, 11:04 PM

I still find it rather humorous that the "Zetas" have an such an enduring fascination with American politics.

Nancy's take on the Mars Hoax (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/news/) at the bottom of this page (http://zetatalk.com/index/zeta317.htm) is particularly funny. And the Vatican chief astronomer was dismissed as part of the Px "cover-up" (http://zetatalk.com/index/zeta315.htm). And on and on...

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-05, 11:33 PM
Erm, I skimmed the article titles/dates. Does that count?

It sure helps :)

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-06, 04:24 AM
I'm at work right now and I don't want to risk something from her site, but I'll look at it at home where I have OS/2 and Mozilla and don't have to worry so much about web nasties. Then I'll have a laugh and see how much I can stand. :D
I'm home, I had a look, I must have been there more than five minutes. I can't resist commenting on these pearls:

Just where is Mars these days?
Try the ephemerides. Despite people running about claiming the Sun is rising too far north and such, everything in the Solar System is moving just as before. All eclipses have occurred as calculated years before Nancy moved to her compound in Wisconsin, as well as the transit of Venus.

As we stated in our many explanations on maintaining the Element of Doubt, moving planets about, tipping them, delaying them, is not a problem for the Council of Worlds, which wants to maintain an Element of Doubt to protect the common man from the panic that their governments would experience.
Assuming there are beings capable of these things, why would they bother to do them? For jollies? What do the Zetas get out of it? What can they possibly get out of deceiving us about planetary motions? Where are they getting the energy to do this? We're talking about several times the total energy output of the Sun per second here. Why not real, face-to-face contact instead of channeling through some Joan of Arc wannabe? And don't give me a bunch of "we're not ready/worthy/intelligent enough/..." malarkey.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-06, 01:35 PM
Hey CM, did you have to take any medication after reading that stuff? :D

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-06, 04:24 PM
Hey CM, did you have to take any medication after reading that stuff? :D
No, I'm made of sterner stuff. :)

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-07, 12:55 PM
Good for ya! :lol:

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-07, 08:08 PM
Good for ya! :lol:
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.;)

Lurker
2006-Sep-07, 08:21 PM
Personally I think that homeland security had determined that planet X is a threat to national security and has confined it to a secret prison in eastern Europe...

captain swoop
2006-Sep-07, 10:19 PM
I just looked at the Sitchin page for the first time. I have a headache, I am going to lie down!

Maha Vailo
2006-Sep-07, 10:47 PM

Oh, they're probably kicking themselves thinking about how absolutely foolish they were believing in someone like Nancy. Some of them, anyway. :doh:

- Maha "when planetology fails" Vailo

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-08, 04:01 AM
Oh, they're probably kicking themselves thinking about how absolutely foolish they were believing in someone like Nancy. Some of them, anyway.
Especially the ones that euthanized their pets on her say-so. :cry:

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-08, 01:54 PM
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:;)

Quite true :D

Wombaticus Rex
2006-Sep-08, 05:49 PM

It just never stops. Ed Dames of RV fame is now claiming that Nibiru is in fact THREE object, and ID's the culprits as QM111, QQ56, and QV89, all of which have ALREADY PASSED US BY, yet will somehow STILL destroy the Earth. According to honorable Mr. Dames, of course.

Dames is the same dude who's selling a DVD series about how to survive the "Killshot", a solar flare that wipes out all life on Earth.

It was scheduled for 1998, 1999, spring 2000, winter 2000, fall 2001........currently scheduled for shortly after his next appearance on Coast to Coast AM.

Wombaticus Rex
2006-Sep-08, 05:50 PM
Especially the ones that euthanized their pets on her say-so. :cry:

I'm asking but actually, I don't even want to know.

Ah.....okay. Nancy who? How many pets?

TriangleMan
2006-Sep-08, 05:56 PM
Nancy Leider. She was a doomsayer who had Planet X coming by in May 2003 causing the poles to flip, blah, blah, blah. In one of her website statements I beleive that she recommended euthanizing your pets so that they wouldn't have to go through the truama of being there when the Earth was destroyed (or whatever was supposed to happen to it, apparantly there were some 'safe places').

Nancy really scared a few people, and for a while there this board had run-ins with both PX proponents who believed Nancy, as well as people really scared by her doomsday predictions. At least one person reported that a friend of his actually quit their job and moved to a 'safe zone'. It was really quite sad.

ZappBrannigan
2006-Sep-08, 05:59 PM
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

That which does not kill us makes us easier prey.

Grashtel
2006-Sep-08, 06:17 PM
It just never stops. Ed Dames of RV fame is now claiming that Nibiru is in fact THREE object, and ID's the culprits as QM111, QQ56, and QV89, all of which have ALREADY PASSED US BY, yet will somehow STILL destroy the Earth. According to honorable Mr. Dames, of course.
Don't you know that imaginary planets are able to steer? Them having passed soesn't matter, they can just bobble a bit and pull a u-turn:p

Dames is the same dude who's selling a DVD series about how to survive the "Killshot", a solar flare that wipes out all life on Earth. I wonder if pointing out the inherent problem in surviving an event that wipes out all other life on the planet would be a good idea, or if it would be simpler and more effective to just try and make his skull implode using my mind?

It was scheduled for 1998, 1999, spring 2000, winter 2000, fall 2001........currently scheduled for shortly after his next appearance on Coast to Coast AM. Sounds like he has been studying other "successful" doomsayers, don't give an exact date, just say its going to happen Real Soon and if you give me lots of money I can tell you how to survive and give you sufficent warning. :wall:

Gillianren
2006-Sep-08, 07:59 PM
Sounds like he has been studying other "successful" doomsayers, don't give an exact date, just say its going to happen Real Soon and if you give me lots of money I can tell you how to survive and give you sufficent warning. :wall:

Oh, but that's the thing--this lot (and a lot of past doomsayers) give exact dates a-plenty. When one passes, they just give another one. For some reason, they still manage to have followers.

Wombaticus Rex
2006-Sep-09, 06:07 PM
Yeah, if anyone is interested, Dame's unit is called the Horizon Project. Someone I respect very much believes in it so I looked into it. Their "team of scientists" are a guy with no resume or published works, a creationist who says Earth was originally 2 planets that were merged and returned to our solar system via black hole, and one of the B-string "Reptilians bioengineered humanity in Atlantis" dudes.

It's a great business, I think I could really flourish in it since I actually have a vague understanding of math, physics and even the English language.

The Backroad Astronomer
2006-Sep-10, 02:55 AM
it not a planet it is a dwarf planet ( sorry could not help myself).

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-11, 04:19 PM
Yeah, if anyone is interested, Dame's unit is called the Horizon Project. Someone I respect very much believes in it so I looked into it. Their "team of scientists" are a guy with no resume or published works, a creationist who says Earth was originally 2 planets that were merged and returned to our solar system via black hole, and one of the B-string "Reptilians bioengineered humanity in Atlantis" dudes.
O Great Flying Spaghetti Monster! This is some USDA Grade AAA woo here! Especially the item I boldfaced. I wonder what verses of scripture indicate that?

It's a great business, I think I could really flourish in it since I actually have a vague understanding of math, physics and even the English language.
Vague understanding is too much. Ideally you should have none at all. It also helps not to have any ethics, morals, scruples, or conscience.

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-11, 04:20 PM
That which does not kill us makes us easier prey.
I like that! :clap:

MrClean
2006-Sep-11, 05:45 PM
Rule 35: That which does not kill us has made a tactical error

From the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

www.schlockmercenary.com

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-11, 06:16 PM
I LIKE that one a lot :D

Doodler
2006-Sep-11, 07:58 PM
No, I'm made of sterner stuff. :)

I've been told enduring hardships builds character. My two visits to that site pushed the character meter up into Cecile B DeMille range.

Enough for a cast of thousands....

GDwarf
2006-Sep-11, 09:09 PM
Rule 35: That which does not kill us has made a tactical error

From the Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

www.schlockmercenary.com (http://www.schlockmercenary.com)
"If you're leaving scorch marks you need a bigger gun."

*ahem*

Doodler
2006-Sep-11, 09:15 PM
"If you're leaving scorch marks you need a bigger gun."

*ahem*

I always liked: "If you can't beat them, they're not tied down properly"

Redtail
2006-Sep-11, 11:04 PM
Quote:
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

And as we all know

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya

Swift
2006-Sep-12, 02:59 AM
And as we all know

... I drink, therefore I am.

Nowhere Man
2006-Sep-12, 03:23 AM
That which does not kill me, maims me for life.

Oh, no, not another character-building experience!

Fred

PhantomWolf
2006-Sep-12, 04:03 AM
And as we all know

God is dead. - Nietzsche

Nietzsche is Dead. - God

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-12, 04:26 AM
And while we're at it, let's not forget this famous grafitto:

To do is to be.
To be is to do.
Do-be-do-be-doo...

Maksutov
2006-Sep-12, 07:07 AM
Planet X has been replaced by Planet Why?

See IAU minutes for further reference.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6082/plutonp6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

MG1962A
2006-Sep-12, 07:54 AM
I actually had lunch with the leader of the Xians the other day. They had a change of heart after they heard Lucas made made the Star Wars movie that explained Darth Vader.

Seems thats all they were really interested in

Maksutov
2006-Sep-12, 11:20 AM
I actually had lunch with the leader of the Xians the other day. They had a change of heart after they heard Lucas made made the Star Wars movie that explained Darth Vader.

Seems thats all they were really interested inNow to explain why Darth Raider couldn't defeat the post-Air Coryell San Diego Chargers, let alone post any kind of score!

BTW, the TV ads seem to imply that the DVDs of the original theatrical releases of the first three Star Wars movies will be for only a couple days. Is this true?

:think:

Wombaticus Rex
2006-Sep-12, 04:51 PM
^^Of course not, "for a limited time" doesn't mean "for a few days only". Think of the logistics behind something like that.

sts60
2006-Sep-12, 05:26 PM
I actually had lunch with the leader of the Xians the other day.

You had lunch with the Pope? OK, I'm impressed.

Doodler
2006-Sep-12, 09:08 PM
A part of me, my inner seven year old Calvinoid psychopath, is curious as to whether Ms. Leider thinks the demotion of Pluto to force PX to no longer be the tenth planet is a part of the conspiracy?

Donnie B.
2006-Sep-12, 11:05 PM
Planet X was attacked by a startled Cosmic Ray, and fatally pierced by its stinger. It died an agonizing death. The other planets couldn't stop talking about it.

N C More
2006-Sep-12, 11:35 PM
Actually, the more I think about it...nothing has really happened to Planet X at all. Yep, it's the same as it always was. It never existed and it still doesn't exist...status quo. So, good 'ole Planet X is just like it always was! :shifty:

Lord Jubjub
2006-Sep-13, 01:03 AM
And as we all know

God is dead. - Nietzsche

Nietzsche is Dead. - God

Nietzsche is God - Dead

MG1962A
2006-Sep-13, 09:41 AM
I actually had lunch with the leader of the Xians the other day.

You had lunch with the Pope? OK, I'm impressed.

OMG that was coffee up the nostrils.... but seriously I do have him on speed dial :)

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-13, 05:46 PM
This is an Official announcement from your friendly neighborhood Evil Orion Reptile Overlords (TM) Organisation (notice the UK English spelling for credibility):

Our patented Solar System Slicer/Dicer (TM Patent Pending on the Local Group, AKA Planet X) has had a few snags in its propulsion system (so it's been bouncing around your Solar System like a Buckyball) EORO Engineering has filed an official complaint to EORO Nucleonics because the Zero Point Energy Drive (TM Patent #98712i) has not performed as documented (We expect a full ISO audit to be performed on EORO Nucleonics because they claim to be ISO 14000 compliant).

After solving several issues with the positron flow control and the Quantum Mega-Woo-Woo Generator (patent pending) we expect the S/D to reverse the rotation and translation motion of Sol III (aka Dirt or Ground or Soil we always forget how the locals call it) by siderial time -91234hh-k-ji (February 30th 2009 at 4:30:29.66666666667 PM according to the local calendar). At the same time the S/D will put a shiny new Fe (Ferrum) coat on Sol-0 as well as change the batteries on it, we have deciced to use Lithium-Ion instead of NiMH because they leak less

Please be advised to think dead thoughts for that time. If unable to do so, remember to wear your peril sensitive sunglasses or activate the SEP field

Regards

Big Croc I

President and CEO

Evil Orion Reptile Overlords Enterprises

Warning: Individual restrictions may apply, check your woo-woo contract regarding availability of Tin-Foil Hats and Starburst Wrappers

Grand_Lunar
2006-Sep-13, 06:50 PM
That sounds like the techo-babble 'Doctor Who'.

Fantastic!

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-13, 07:29 PM
Thanks, I would like to sell my patented Techno-Babble Generator(TM) to CTs so their web sites are funnier, however I haven't had any offers yet :D

Maksutov
2006-Sep-13, 10:22 PM
[edit](We expect a full ISO audit to be performed on EORO Nucleonics because they claim to be ISO 14000 compliant)....OK, what have they done to the environment and how long will it last? :think:

Swift
2006-Sep-14, 02:37 AM
I have reason to believe that Planet X spoke to the IAU during their investigation of Pluto's status and testified against Pluto's planetary status. In exchange, the IAU dropped charges against Planet X (conspiracy to flip poles and failure to control its orbit) and placed Planet X into a witness protection program. I am not allowed to give details, for obvious reasons, but Planet X is currently living in a midwestern city, with a job in the insurance industry.
:shhh:

:shifty:

Maksutov
2006-Sep-14, 04:14 AM
I have reason to believe that Planet X spoke to the IAU during their investigation of Pluto's status and testified against Pluto's planetary status. In exchange, the IAU dropped charges against Planet X (conspiracy to flip poles and failure to control its orbit) and placed Planet X into a witness protection program. I am not allowed to give details, for obvious reasons, but Planet X is currently living in a midwestern city, with a job in the insurance industry.
:shhh:

:shifty:I'm sure it's in good hands...

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/566/iconwink6tn.gif

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-14, 01:12 PM
FOOD AND BEVERAGE WARNING!! Please make sure that all food and beverage is safely stowed away from computer equipment and completely swallowed before reading this.

I had this weird dream the other night. I dreamt that I was Frank N. Furter in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, right at his entrance into the "Floor Show": standing before a backdrop that reads "An RKO Radio Picture". Suddenly, I burst into song:

Celestial Mechanic: What ever happened to ...

Audience: Randolph Scott!

Celestial Mechanic: ... Planet X?

Audience: It got demoted by the IAU!

Celestial Mechanic: That fragile, fog-decked orb,
As it fell from the sky, how I wanted to cry ...

Audience: You would too if you got demoted by the IAU!

Celestial Mechanic: 'Cause I wanted to be dressed the same!

Audience: But you are! Kick it!

[Celestial Mechanic kicks a suspiciously-shaped lever.]

Audience: Ouch!

[A diving board descends like a drawbridge over a mass of fog. Celestial Mechanic steps onto it and advances towards the edge ...]

Celestial Mechanic: Give yourself over to pseudoscience.
Swim the warm seas of ignorant mush.
Mythological nightmares to treasure forever.
Can you feel it? Woe-ho-ho!! [Dives in.] Auggghhh!!!

[The fog lifts. We see that Celestial Mechanic is in a swimming pool. The bottom is painted with the famous image of Adam being brought to life by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Celestial Mechanic is seated in an inner-tube right above where the FSM's Noodly Appendage touches Adam's hand.

Celestial Mechanic: Don't think it ...

Audience: It's my pool ...

Celestial Mechanic: ... just feel it.

Audience: ... don't pee in it!

[Just then Nancy Lieder, Mark Hazlewood, Zacharias Sitchin and Richard Hoagland, all dressed up like Celestial Mechanic (and wearing WAY too much makeup) jump into the pool and swim out to Celestial Mechanic.]

All: Don't think it ...

Audience: It's my pool ...

All: ... just feel it.

Audience: ... don't pee in it!

[Nancy, Mark, Zacharias and Richard all try to embrace Celestial Mechanic in a scene of incredible decadence (but artful!).]
I'm in a swimming pool, yet why do I feel so unclean? :)

Mark Hazlewood: It's beyond me, help me mommy!

Nancy Lieder: God-Like Productions is real!
At this point I woke up in a cold sweat. ("Hunnh!" as James Brown would say.)

That does it. No more taking a nap after eating an anchovy, onion and garlic pizza. I promise. ;)

Maksutov
2006-Sep-14, 04:49 PM
FOOD AND BEVERAGE WARNING!! [edit]That does it. No more taking a nap after eating an anchovy, onion and garlic pizza. I promise. ;):lol:

Definitely one for your analyst! Or the person who runs the pizza shop!

PS: Sometimes they're the same person.

Doodler
2006-Sep-14, 06:16 PM
Thnk u fir putig th imag of Nacny Lidre in lingrie in hed...

Eys r nw bleedign,,,

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Sep-14, 08:41 PM
OK, what have they done to the environment and how long will it last? :think:

Well they've been dumping N-Sync Lyrics into Class M stellar bodies without authorization.............

Maksutov
2006-Sep-14, 11:26 PM
Well they've been dumping N-Sync Lyrics into Class M stellar bodies without authorization.............We're all doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

Here, nice doggy! Com'ere, boy!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/tiere/n010.gif

BigDon
2006-Sep-15, 10:35 AM
Okay, I just finished reading this whole thread in one sitting and while the dizziness was subsiding I thought of a couple of points.

People who use that Nietszche quote have never seen anyone who's survived a major lightening strike. I've known two and wouldn't have wanted to be either.

Two, I'm just glad that Leider person had pets and not kids.

Three, Celestial Mechanic, dude! Franken N. Furter?
Though I hardly qualify to cast the first stone in the sonambulant weirdness department. Just two days ago I finished Call of Cthuhlu: Dark Corners of The Earth for the xbox and dreamed I was being pursued through broken tunnels with Ashley Hall, caffeinated cheerleader from T-Mobile commercial by flying polyps while armed with the Yithian energy gun. But Frank N. Furter? At least I had a cute cheerleader in mine. (And I wasn't in drag.)

( BTW I also hope our small difference of opinion in the croc hunter thread doesn't cloud your view of my views.)

BD

Celestial Mechanic
2006-Sep-15, 12:54 PM
[Snip!] Three, Celestial Mechanic, dude! Frank N. Furter? [Snip!] At least I had a cute cheerleader in mine. (And I wasn't in drag.)
Well, I didn't actually dream that, you know. I used "Whatever happened to Faye Rae/Randolph Scott/Planet X" as a hook to hang a bit of satire on. Remember the thread topic? Whatever happened to Planet X?

( BTW I also hope our small difference of opinion in the croc hunter thread doesn't cloud your view of my views.)
Nah, not likely. Of course, I haven't seen your replies yet. :D