PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Universe present?

Attiyah Zahdeh
2006-Aug-25, 08:16 AM
One of my sons asked me:
Where is the Universe present?
In my turn, I ask:
Is there a metacosmos?

Blob
2006-Aug-25, 08:28 AM
Hum,
have you tried using the `search` function on the forum?

Maksutov
2006-Aug-25, 02:59 PM
One of my sons asked me:
In my turn, I ask:
Is there a metacosmos?Here, there, and everywhere. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005GL0Q/sr=8-2/qid=1156517498/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-4437799-8212809?ie=UTF8)

The actual physics answer is a brane teaser...

Dr Nigel
2006-Aug-26, 07:54 PM
I know someone who carries the entire universe around in the pockets of his jacket.

Well, it seems that way.:lol:

Attiyah Zahdeh
2006-Aug-27, 06:48 AM
I know someone who carries the entire universe around in the pockets of his jacket.

Oh,Dr. Nigel!
In which pocket of his jacket you are present now?
Do you remain in the same pocket or visit other pockets?
Do you expect to meet AZ inside or outside this jacket?
Have you ever taken a memorial photo with this Universe-carrying person?

WaxRubiks
2006-Aug-27, 07:26 AM

was it a pocket mirror?

Dr Nigel
2006-Aug-27, 09:36 PM
None of the above. We used to joke about it because he always had such things as camera, phone, radio, spare batteries, keys, wallet and more in his jacket pockets, and his jacket was heavily weighed down with all the stuff.

I was aiming for a bit of observational humour there, but that only works if you've had common experiences, I guess...

Sam5
2006-Aug-27, 10:26 PM
One of my sons asked me:
In my turn, I ask:
Is there a metacosmos?

The universe present is everywhere in the universe all the time. Just keep in mind that it takes time for light to travel, so what we see in the distance is like watching a time-delayed film or video.

Did you ever notice that a President's "live" speech is slightly delayed on some TV channels? That's because the TV signal is traveling to more up and down satellite links before it gets to each different TV network, and that causes a time delay in some channels receiving and broadcasting the signal.

But the Presidentís and our "present" is occurring at the same time, although we might see his "live" speech on a slightly delayed basis.

Gillianren
2006-Aug-27, 10:35 PM
I was aiming for a bit of observational humour there, but that only works if you've had common experiences, I guess...

I got it, if that's any consolation. But I guess that's largely because I tend to carry the universe in my bag.

Attiyah Zahdeh
2006-Aug-28, 03:05 AM
I got it, if that's any consolation. But I guess that's largely because I tend to carry the universe in my bag.
What is the price of such a Universe-containing bag? Is it carried by the hand or on the back? Is it white or black?