PDA

View Full Version : Burmuda and the invisble Quantom

scott solar riley
2006-Sep-02, 05:59 PM
Hello Soul travlers, and sister,breathren, Happy weekend to all.

MY question is this: The constant reocurrences of disappearing boats, planes, and people in the Burmuda Tri,has always been subject to wander and terror.

Is it possible that through out our annual tour of so/sy we encounter "quantom pockets" that are in our orbit, I.E we run into it. and the location that it always hits is the Burmuda Tri?

"MUCH RESPECT TO THE WANDERING SOUL WITH MINDS WIDE OPEN":think:
SHR

Kaptain K
2006-Sep-02, 06:07 PM
The simple answer to the question "Why do so many ships disappear in the Bermuda triangle" is that so many ships travel through the Bermuda triangle. The percentage is not significantly higher than for any other similar sized area of the oceans.

Ilya
2006-Sep-02, 06:08 PM

MY question is this: The constant reocurrences of disappearing boats, planes, and people in the Burmuda Tri,has always been subject to wander and terror.

Only to people who do not know what "Atlantic tropical storm" is, and what it can do.

Is it possible that through out our annual tour of so/sy we encounter "quantom pockets" that are in our orbit, I.E we run into it. and the location that it always hits is the Burmuda Tri?

No. However, at specific parts of Earth's orbit (known as August through October) a pre-GPS, pre-comsat, pre-good-weather-forecast boat or plane had a very good chance of dying north of Bermuda.

grant hutchison
2006-Sep-02, 06:20 PM
Could you define "quantom pocket" for us?

Grant Hutchison

scott solar riley
2006-Sep-02, 06:25 PM
we'll a qautom pocket as in a pocket of space time that can be multi-dimentional, so as an object gets slipped out of this dimention, and in to another.

solar

Gillianren
2006-Sep-02, 06:26 PM
One assumes what is really meant is "quantum pocket," but since I'm not sure what a quantum pocket is, either, that doesn't really help.

Kristophe
2006-Sep-02, 06:32 PM
One assumes that a quantum pocket is either a whole number of pockets (pockets come in quanta, right? If not, what's half a pocket?), or a pocket that can only hold discrete objects (no goo, please).

Kaptain K
2006-Sep-02, 06:33 PM
A "quantum pocket" is a ficticious space in which GLP makes sense!

R.A.F.
2006-Sep-02, 06:35 PM
The constant reocurrences of disappearing boats, planes, and people in the Burmuda Tri,has always been subject to wander and terror.

The only reason for the wonder? and terror is because writers have found it "profitable".

I have no idea what you mean by quantom pockets, but it doesn't matter because they are not "needed" to explain this "mystery".

I recommend you read the book The Bermuda Triangle Mystery: Solved (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0879759712?v=glance) by Larry Kusche. A brief description of the book can be found here (http://www.hutch.demon.co.uk/prom/bermuda.htm).

It turns out that the "mysterious disappearences" that occur in the Triangle are not that mysterious at all.

2006-Sep-02, 07:35 PM

do we hit quantom pockets every year?
[] do we hit quantom pockets every year?
[] do we hit quantom pockets every year?
Do soul travelers perceive a difference between choice 1 and choice 2?

TriangleMan
2006-Sep-02, 07:44 PM
As someone who lived in Bermuda for a number of years I'm sorry to inform you that no one there was either in wonder or terror from the Triangle. There is no mystery, the rate of ship sinkings is no different than anywhere else. However Bermudians did find that it was useful for selling T-shirts and other souvenirs to tourists. :D

All boating traffic from the Gulf of Mexico to Europe goes through the Triangle. Most planes going from the Eastern U.S. to the Caribbean fly through the Triangle. Any cruise ship leaving/going from the Northeast US to the Caribbean goes through the Triangle. Most of the Bahamas islands are inside the Triangle. Nothing unusual happens. So there is no need to wonder about 'quantum pockets' and other unusual things.

Ronald Brak
2006-Sep-02, 07:57 PM
Can we really trust the word of someone called TriangleMan on this matter? I suggest we investigate his lucrative second-hand ship and airplane business first. (And his under the table payments to Particleman.)

Ken G
2006-Sep-02, 10:28 PM
Keep in mind as well, that the Earth rotates. So even if there was a particular "quantom pocket" that made things disappear, the fact that the rotation of the Earth is not synchronized with its orbit means that the "triangle" would actually have to be an entire strip of latitude, since the rotation of the Earth would mean that a different point in that strip woul fall within the "pocket" at different times of day, each year. Thus if the pocket was somehow fixed in space, then clearly such a pocket could only "explain" (?) disappearances on the same date every year. Of all the weird claims about the triangle, I've never heard it claimed that the disappearances occur on the same date. If the pocket orbited the Sun, then still Bermuda would only fall within it at particular times of day, and I've never heard a claim about the times of the disappearances, so that no spatial structure could ever be used to explain it unless the structure both orbited the Sun and rotated with the Earth, i.e., unless it was stuck to the Earth.

But we might be on to something if we consider that the pocket could be stuck to the surface of the Earth, and sure enough, if you look at what is stuck there you find a deep body of water. A pocket filled with deep water could be an excellent way to explain the disappearance of metallic objects that sink.

Gillianren
2006-Sep-03, 02:15 AM
It turns out that the "mysterious disappearences" that occur in the Triangle are not that mysterious at all.

Or even, as I understand it, in the Triangle, some of 'em.

astromark
2006-Sep-03, 04:43 AM
Lets look at this a little with open eyes. More people have perished, ships sunk, and airplanes lost in and over the Great Lakes of North America. This is a fact that could be explained by the fact that that at about 3am to 4.30 am local time you are on the leading edge of the Earth as it hurtles through space at nearly 30,000 km per hour. So it stands to reason that if any 'Pocket of anomaly' was to be in collision with Earth. Nobody would know. Any body who was has been swept away. Every one else was asleep. End of story. THIS is utter and complete nonsense. The answer to your question is a big fat NO.

TriangleMan
2006-Sep-03, 11:11 AM
Can we really trust the word of someone called TriangleMan on this matter? I suggest we investigate his lucrative second-hand ship and airplane business first. (And his under the table payments to Particleman.)
[jedi powers]This is not the Triangle you're looking for.[/jedi powers]

Ronald Brak
2006-Sep-03, 11:44 AM
[jedi powers]This is not the Triangle you're looking for.[/jedi powers]
Stop waving your hand like that. What do you think you are? Some kind of Jedi? Now if you don't mind I have to go about my business. I'm looking for a triangle and it doesn't seem to be here...

Faultline
2006-Sep-05, 12:12 AM
Come on, Solar. Admit that you made up the term "quantom pockets!"

eugenek
2006-Sep-05, 07:13 PM
I don't think Solar made it up.

I think I might recall something similar what Solar describes in an In Search Of episode in the 70's. I'm not sure of the terminology used but I think the show probably ended that segment with something along the lines of "Is this proof of Quantom Pockets?" I watched the show mainly to hear Nimoy's voice.

Now that I think about it even more I think they, the In Search Of folks, even drew a larger triangle over a map of the world. One point was the Bermuda Triangle, the other a point near the Great Lakes and the other was somewhere I can't remember. So, there were layers of quantom pockets.

For some reason I have the munchies. Hmm, something hot. Something microwaveable...

trinitree88
2006-Sep-05, 10:28 PM
Quoantum pockets could be sewn on hooded quoantum sweatshirts. Then, when you pull the hood over your eyes, otherwise rational quoantum minds disappear, like Harry Potter's invisible cloaking device. Much more efficient than Romulan technology, as their's leaves a faint tachyon trace in the subspace field.;) Pete.

Peter Wilson
2006-Sep-06, 07:52 PM
Do soul travelers perceive a difference between choice 1 and choice 2?According to String Theory, there is a difference in the 12th dimension.

pzkpfw
2006-Sep-06, 09:05 PM
Why would a "Quantum pocket" gobble up only ships and planes?

That is, why would huge bites of Earths land, air and sea not have been taken regularly?

[Pity it's not true, we could use it to dump nuclear waste!]

Cheers,

grant hutchison
2006-Sep-06, 09:21 PM

That is, why would huge bites of Earths land, air and sea not have been taken regularly?Ah, the plot of one of the late, lamented Bob Shaw's novels, Medusa's Children.
A giant undersea alien gizmo of some kind intermittently gulps down air, water, fish, and passing ships and aircraft in the Bermuda Triangle (thus accounting for the "mystery"), and spews them out through some sort of matter transmitter into a big blob of water in orbit around the sun somewhere. Some of the humans manage to survive, and set up a culture using the bits and bobs of metalwork that come through to them intermittently from Earth.
Magnificent hokum. :)

Grant Hutchison

Peter Wilson
2006-Sep-06, 09:37 PM
As someone who lived in Bermuda for a number of years I'm sorry to inform you that no one there was either in wonder or terror from the Triangle. There is no mystery, the rate of ship sinkings is no different than anywhere else. However Bermudians did find that it was useful for selling T-shirts and other souvenirs to tourists. :D

All boating traffic from the Gulf of Mexico to Europe goes through the Triangle. Most planes going from the Eastern U.S. to the Caribbean fly through the Triangle. Any cruise ship leaving/going from the Northeast US to the Caribbean goes through the Triangle. Most of the Bahamas islands are inside the Triangle. Nothing unusual happens. So there is no need to wonder about 'quantum pockets' and other unusual things.Thanks. That's what I always assumed.

But if not boats and planes, what is in the Quantom Pita Pocket sandwich?

Maksutov
2006-Sep-06, 10:27 PM
I wonder as I wander,,,

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/938/hotquantumpockets1gw7.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hotquantumpockets1gw7.jpg)

Ken G
2006-Sep-07, 01:12 PM

What do ships and planes have in common that separate them from wood, witches, and very small stones? They sink in water. And where do things go that sink in water? To "Davy Jones' locker". Isn't it now clear to all that Davy Jones' locker is a euphemism for.... quantom pockets!?

Peter Wilson
2006-Sep-07, 06:48 PM
I wonder as I wander,,,

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/938/hotquantumpockets1gw7.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hotquantumpockets1gw7.jpg)
:D