PDA

View Full Version : creative brand electronics

space cadet
2006-Sep-08, 03:21 AM
every single one I've bought in the last year has crapped out on me as a result of bad wiring. A set of speakers were rendered useless because the knob made a horrible static sound every time it was touched. The cord on an expensive thirty dollar mouse frayed at the part where it attatches to the metal part of the body (no, I was not scraping it on anything) and even with electrical tape it refused to work. The last straw came when the receiver to my 80 dollar wireless keyboard wouldn't work unless you tapped it. Then it would only work for a moment before going dead again (yes, I checked the batteries. It's definitely a wiring problem.)

I contacted creative to ask if there was some way I could get a new reciever and they said no. Now my entire keyboard is useless because of one tiny wire. How stupid is that?

Am I just having bad luck, or do creative products really suck??

Wolverine
2006-Sep-08, 03:35 AM
I've used their sound cards (SB Live Platinum w/LiveDrive, Audigy 2 ZS) and a CD-ROM drive for years without any issues. Never tried their mice or keyboards (I'm a Logitech fan in that regard).

GDwarf
2006-Sep-08, 11:22 AM
I've been using a Creative Labs Soudblaster Audigy SE card for a few months now, no problems at all.

Now, Altec Lansing headphones, on the other hand...

Tog
2006-Sep-08, 12:24 PM
When it comes to soundcards, I think it's very telling that nearly any game you get will say "SoundBlaster compatible sound card" under the recommened hardware listing.

I use an external soundcard that I got for 40 bucks. Creative Extigy I think. Not a single issue with it. The MiniDisc burning software that came with it however... Well, lets just say that only Sony's proprietary file format sucks harder.

I've never used any of their other hardware.

mugaliens
2006-Sep-09, 07:33 AM
For the innards, I use the best bang for the buck, always with Intel. For the sound/video cards, I go with Creative Labs and nVideo all the way.

No problems.

GDwarf
2006-Sep-09, 01:15 PM
For the innards, I use the best bang for the buck, always with Intel. For the sound/video cards, I go with Creative Labs and nVideo all the way.

No problems.
Pshaw! ATI all the way!

Moose
2006-Sep-09, 01:24 PM
I've used creative for a very long time (multiple sound cards, speakers) without any sort of incident.

I've used both nVidia and ATI at various points. I prefer my ATIs.