PDA

View Full Version : Burning Smell Fills the Station



Fraser
2006-Sep-19, 03:44 AM
The crew of the International Space Station had a bit of a scare today when they smelled a noxious odor in the air of the confined station. It turned out the smell was coming from a malfunctioning oxygen generator. NASA now believes a rubber gasket in the generator overheated, creating smoke and an odor. The event won't cause any problems with the upcoming crew change.

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2006/09/18/burning-smell-fills-the-station/)