PDA

View Full Version : Moon and Pleiades

paul f. campbell
2006-Oct-10, 10:53 PM
Hi All Here is one photo of our Moon from last night. I took about 40 photos in all. This is the best of the lot. After running the best 5 photos through registax I came up with this photo. After processing I used photoshop 9.0 to clean it up.

I used my 6.75 inch starfinder dobs and my sony cybershot mounted to a 40mm lens in auto night mode to take all the photos. hope you enjoy.

Bokmakierie
2006-Oct-11, 03:07 AM
Beautiful picture, Paul.:clap:
How close was the moon to the Pleiades?
I again took the liberty to adjust the brightness and contrast of the background ( excluding the moon which I first cut out of the image). Two stars can now be seen clearly in the background very close to the moon.
I tried to take a picture the same night hoping to get something of the Pleiades in the image as well, but seeing was poor and I gave up.
If you have the exact time of your shot, I could try to identify the stars on Skymap-pro. Will need your location and time zone as well.
Thanks for sharing

clop
2006-Oct-11, 04:07 AM
Hi All Here is one photo of our Moon from last night. I took about 40 photos in all. This is the best of the lot. After running the best 5 photos through registax I came up with this photo. After processing I used photoshop 9.0 to clean it up.

I used my 6.75 inch starfinder dobs and my sony cybershot mounted to a 40mm lens in auto night mode to take all the photos. hope you enjoy.

Not bad but the moon is upside-down.

clop

Bokmakierie
2006-Oct-11, 04:54 AM
Not bad but the moon is upside-down.

clop

I don't know Clop. Although the image is a bit skewed, Tycho crater in the South is clearly visible. The image shows North at the top and South at the bottom. This is the way the interactive moon image on: http://www.penpal.ru/astro/map.shtml
is also presented.:think:

clop
2006-Oct-11, 05:06 AM
I don't know Clop. Although the image is a bit skewed, Tycho crater in the South is clearly visible. The image shows North at the top and South at the bottom. This is the way the interactive moon image on: http://www.penpal.ru/astro/map.shtml
is also presented.:think:

I was being sarcastic. It's an English thing. I'm from England but live in Australia. I say the moon is upside-down here. The local astronomers say it's the right way up. Hey look! Orion's upside-down too!

clop

Bokmakierie
2006-Oct-11, 05:21 AM
I was being sarcastic. It's an English thing. I'm from England but live in Australia. I say the moon is upside-down here. The local astronomers say it's the right way up. Hey look! Orion's upside-down too!

clop
Ohhhhh!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I missed that one! Thanks for an early morning laugh

ToSeek
2006-Oct-11, 02:24 PM
Looks good!

JAICOA
2006-Oct-14, 12:57 AM
Good catch. Very nice photos of this event. keep them coming.