PDA

View Full Version : meh... Mercury in retrograde

idragosani
2006-Oct-17, 02:02 PM
A lot of my astrology-believing friends always go into a panic when they hear that Mercury is going into retrograde (supposedly, it causes communication failures, hard drive crashes, divorces, diarrea, pimples, etc etc etc). They actually get angry at me when I blow off their concerns (almost as angry as a creationist does when you mention the "E" word)... are there any good science-based web resources out there that specifically address this "mercury in retrograde" thing that gives astrology lovers the heebie jeebies... and if not, would anyone be interested in helping put something together?

In fact, I think a friend today mentioned that mercury is due to go into retrograde soon, so, she warned, make sure your hard drives are backed up because the powers thta be indicate that this will be a big one!

*sigh*

hhEb09'1
2006-Oct-17, 03:01 PM
In fact, I think a friend today mentioned that mercury is due to go into retrograde soon, appox. Oct 28 thru Nov. 18 it looks like to me

If you don't back up your hard drive during those three weeks, you might have problems. :)

PS: welcome to the BAUT!