PDA

View Full Version : Podcast: More Evidence for the Big Bang

Fraser
2006-Oct-18, 12:51 AM
Last week’s episode started out with a bang… a Big Bang. This week we continue our discussion into the beginning of everything. We present three additional lines of evidence that have led astronomers to the conclusion that our Universe started out as a singularity 13.7 billion years ago, and has been expanding ever since.

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2006/10/17/podcast-more-evidence-for-the-big-bang/)

antoniseb
2006-Oct-18, 12:00 PM
It is a little confusing, this statement that things look 'older' the further away we look. I know what Pamela meant, but I think it makes more sense to say that things look 'younger' the further away we look. If I look at Globular clusters around the Milky Way, I see things that are 13 billion years old. If I look at galaxies that are z=6, I'm seeing things that are less than a billion years old. Which is younger?

Fraser
2006-Oct-18, 09:47 PM
Right, I was thinking that too as I listened to it after the fact. I think my analogy got the point across, with people getting younger as they're further away.