PDA

View Full Version : How to support?

teutatis
2006-Oct-31, 10:21 AM
Once again, thank you for your aaaaaawesome work :clap:

I like your voices and the topics you cover.

My question is: How can I support the show?
Yesterday I've tried to set up an itunes account but as I'm using linux it's not so easy.

When ever i visit the site and I always click on the google adwords

But what else? What can I do to make sure that you keep posting the podcasts?

Greetings from Austria

teutatis

Fraser
2006-Oct-31, 03:25 PM
Oh, we appreciate your generous offer, but we're actually fine right now. If you're enjoying the show, that's reward enough for us.

jkmccrann
2006-Dec-12, 04:37 PM
I think the growth of this whole website, and its attendant community is testament to the fact you guys are doing a great job Fraser - keep it up buddy!

:)

Fraser
2006-Dec-12, 06:16 PM
We do have a way people can support the show now. There's a donate link at our site:

http://www.astronomycast.com/donate/

JaceNicklien
2007-Jun-30, 04:00 PM
First let me say that that I love your show, and really appreciate all the time and effort that must go into each show. I look forward to each new episode. Because I enjoy the show so much, I'd really like to support it.
However, I don't understand why you do not accept PayPal. Even if they charge 5%, if someone donate $10, thats only .50 charge. Isn't $9.50 better than nothing? I was donating every month, but don't like entering my credit card information each time, I quit writing check some time ago.
The other thing that bothers me is making the donations to SIUE. I don't know who's getting the money, I received a thank you letter each month from SIUE, not Astronomy Cast.
Just my 2 cents, accept PayPal, and let the donations come straight to AstroCast. If you could do this, I'd be glad to start back with monthly donations.

Fraser
2007-Jul-01, 02:33 PM
We will be setting up Paypal donations shortly. Thanks, just wait for the announcement.

StarStryder
2007-Sep-30, 04:57 AM
I'd also like to add that there should be, starting this week, Astronomy Cast thanks you notes going out as well as the SIUE thank you note.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.