PDA

View Full Version : Plant X

fchaman
2003-May-17, 10:48 AM
I have a hard time to take Zetatalkers seriously, and I have been reading on the subject of the Planet X for some times. I didn't want to beleive in it until I read this site: http://www.word-of-cross.org/baruch/PX1.htm.

Planet X is for real. Please convince me it is a hoax.

Greenhalgh
2003-May-17, 11:58 AM
First off, welcome to the forum! Although only an amateur astronomer, I have to say that the evidence in that passage is entirely non-conclusive. Although you ask us to prove it is a hoax, I think it should be the other way around: they need to convince us that it is real.

Lots of the 'evidence' is either taken from the Bible and forced to fit into the PX theory or from James McCanney, a bit of an odd-ball in the world of science by all accounts. If you visit his website, you will see that he is a paranoid conspiracy theorist. Even he has abandoned the idea of Planet X approaching Earth in May 2003, stating that Nancy Lieder is a 'disinfo agent' from NASA, trying to discredit his theories. Of course, that is not the case.

The main thing is not to worry. Read the posts on this board and you will find this whole situation is quite laughable really.

Take care, Andy

beady
2003-May-17, 11:59 AM
I didn't want to beleive in it until I read this site: http://www.word-of-cross.org/baruch/PX1.htm.

Planet X is for real. Please convince me it is a hoax.

From the site:

If it were true that an earth-wide disaster "has not happened yet" (which it has, according to Gen 6), does that mean it will never happen?

My answer: Well, take out the part about Genesis 6 (the Flood?), and the idea is perfectly valid and is certainly true. The earth is going to die someday. Period. What's worse, so is the solar system and, qu'el domage!!! so is the universe.

However, there is some good news about all this. First, the odds of any particular catastrophe occurring during our lifetimes are considerably less than for either or both of us being audited by the IRS. A comet could hit the earth, as has demonstrably happened in the past many times, but I really have a hard time remembering the most recent occurrence. As for the other events, The End of It All, the really, really good news is that you and I will be eons dead by the time they happen. We will be so long dead that at least some of the atoms and molecules from our decomposed bodies will no longer be part of the earth's mass, and humanity itself will be a distant memory.

And here's another web site for you to check out. I'm sure it will put it all into perspective for you:

http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html

Starjet
2003-May-17, 12:22 PM
Never should someone try to use the bible to explain why something is happening. Have you ever read the thing? It has a billion interpretations and hence impossible to know what is really being said. Donít believe it if someone says the bible says itís coming, thatís just foolish. You now, thereís a theory that revelations is suppose to happen in 2007 and then when Mother Teresa died she made a doomsday predication for the next few years. Do you believe those? Also, only one scientist coming forward, that seems sketchy to me. If Planet X was real more then one person would be able to see it and if it the media would be all over it. Sure, population density is lower in the south but someone would still see it. I donít believe the junk about only seeing it at a 90 degree angle, how convenient that is. Donít believe the whole government is coving it up thing. Yes, they do keep some secrets but how can they hide a whole planet? Another thing is that if there were problems with the orbits of Uranus and Neptune in the 1800ís then Planet X must have been around to do it. With this crazy elliptical orbit it wouldnít be near us to do it, especially since it has a 3600-year orbit. A planet only five times the size of Earth couldnít do that from that kind of distance. Furthermore, the sun isnít more excited then ever seen before, check out the rest of this site for more info on that and other weather related claims. Finally, as I hate to do this but feel itís necessary, every Planet X site says that reputable scientists say itís coming. Who are these people? Iíve never heard of a James M. McCanney before. Iím sure that the planetary alignment in 2000 had ďreputable scientistsĒ behind it too. Just because one guy says it doesnít make it true. My last point is that everything that is said there is pretty much what the zetans said. The only difference is that this person said it was a scientist and not an alien. This MaCanney guy is probably just trying to get some quick ďfameĒ and then will say, ďO wait never mind, this isnít real because of this, this, and this.Ē Just donít worry about it, besides if it is real (yea right!) then nobody can stop it and thereís no point in getting bothered over it. Only time can tell whose right and whose wrong.

Vermonter
2003-May-17, 12:44 PM
I stopped reading the first link when I saw "McCanney".

PX does not exist, the supposed perturbations of Neptune and Uranus were due to incorrect calculations that were resolved in the late-mid 20th century by one of our space probes. Solar weather goes in cycles, as does our normal weather cycle.

We've been keeping accurate records of weather for about 100 years, so we really can't say a lot about exact weather from 1800.

fchaman
2003-May-17, 02:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Will keep on searching, until truth shall set you free. God bless all of you...

ToSeek
2003-May-17, 02:48 PM
Keep in mind, too, that when a mainstream astronomer says "Planet X," he means a planet in the outer solar system, out beyond Pluto, not one that is cruising in to have a near-miss with Earth.

A Lieder/McCanney type of Planet X would be detected years in advance. Note that Comet Hale-Bopp was first detected by amateurs about two years before its closest approach, and Hale-Bopp was tiny in comparison with the "five times larger than Earth" Planet X.

Peace_Rules
2003-May-17, 03:09 PM
To begin with, this site basically parrots James M. McCanney. Secondly, here's what http://www.spaceweather.com has to report about the solar activity for today.

AURORA OUTLOOK: Geomagnetic activity is subsiding as Earth exits a high-speed solar wind stream.

As you can see, nothing extraordinary going on with solar activity. I think we've experienced only 2 G2 Delta class flares in the last 2 years. Abnormal solar activity is pretty much what McCanney basis his entire PX thesis on.

I am a meteorologist, so I can direct you to abnormal weather events if you want to research them. Check your weather records for the years 1925-1940, and you will find over 50% of the all-time record Highs and Lows, as well as some of the most extreme weather ever, occurred over this period.

The strongest tornado ever witnessed occurred in 1925, it was known as "The Great Tri-State Tornado" I would suggest doing research on it. People who survived it, claim it wasn't a tornado, but something far worse (possibly a hybrid derecho). Whatever it was, nothing like it has occurred since. http://www.weather.com/newscenter/specialreports/sotc/storm7/page1.html

The strongest hurricane occurred in 1935, it was referred to as "The Florida Keys Hurricane" or "Labor Day Hurricane" http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurricane/history/hurricanes-strongest.htm By the way, on these storms, I don't mean deadliest storms, though in both cases, they hold that record too, I literally mean, "strongest". How do we know this? Easy, barometers measured their pressure. Both the Florida Keys Hurricane and the Tri-State tornado hold records for lowest recorded pressure for storms of their type, respectively. Also, 4 of the top 15 strongest Hurricanes of all-time occurred in the period 1925-1940.

To save time, here's a link to the top 10 extreme weather events of the century. http://www.weather.com/newscenter/specialreports/sotc You will notice, the only thing close to 2003 is the 1993 superstorm. Three of the top 10 events occurred during the 1925-1940 period.

People like Nancy Leider would also have you believe that a spring tornado outbreak in the Midwestern part of the US, is abnormal weather activity. What's so strange about it? The Midwest leads the entire world in tornadoes, and they're most frequent during the spring months. Give me an Ice storm in Florida during the month of July. Let's see a Hurricane hit California, during any month. Let there be a tornado outbreak west of the Rocky Mountains, and I'll agree that the weather is getting strange. There's nothing strange to report about the weather, just the leftover affects of a 2001 El Nino. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tao/elnino/nino-home.html

This site also refers to "Blindsided" by Mark Hazlewood. Need I say more?

Peace_Rules
2003-May-17, 04:07 PM
By the way, the statement issued by the Russian government in 2000, was referring to their economy, not some global disaster. This was later admitted by the Russians. Can't believe people still have this misinformation on their sites. Just goes to show, these people will use every scrap of bogus information on the web to support their insanity. It doesn't have to be accurate, or factual, that's never an issue with these Kooks. I wonder why they fail to list any of the massive evidence stacked against Planet X?

carolyn
2003-May-17, 08:20 PM
Welcome,

http://www.astro.queensu.ca/~hanes/p014/Course_Notes.html

this is a good site if you want to do a bit of research of your own. Its easy to read and should put you right re the fact about how the cosmos is. enjoy :D

if you take time to look around the posts on this board you will find a lot of links to informative sites, give them a look see, they will help sort it all out for you.

carolyn

tngolfplayer
2003-May-18, 01:17 AM
We have been having extreme weather here in East TN, but stuff like this happens. Also since technology has gotten better, measuring equipment has gotten more precise, and data has become easier to access. Every time there is a climate change, or "odd" weather, some doomsday criers come forth and proclaim the end of the world. Also any website that claims they have an actual scientist agreeing with them is a little suspect. Especially considering how many reputable scientist there are in this world. Nobody can predict the end of times, so kick back, drink a coke(or beer) watch some nascar and enjoy life.

Peace_Rules
2003-May-18, 01:43 AM
We have been having extreme weather here in East TN, but stuff like this happens. Also since technology has gotten better, measuring equipment has gotten more precise, and data has become easier to access. Every time there is a climate change, or "odd" weather, some doomsday criers come forth and proclaim the end of the world. Also any website that claims they have an actual scientist agreeing with them is a little suspect. Especially considering how many reputable scientist there are in this world. Nobody can predict the end of times, so kick back, drink a coke(or beer) watch some nascar and enjoy life.

You guys have been getting hammered, and it looks like another rough night, and day tomorrow. Hang in there, looks like a great couple of weeks coming up once you get past Tuesday.

You make some great points, much of the data collected is relatively new. So when you hear about all time records being set, they may be less than 10 years old, in some cases.

Wolverine
2003-May-18, 04:09 AM
I stopped reading the first link when I saw "McCanney".

LOL!!! :lol:

Whew, that was close... had I read the above about 2 seconds sooner, my monitor would have been sprayed with beer...