PDA

View Full Version : Please Digg the Astronomy Cast Podcast

Fraser
2007-Jan-05, 01:50 AM
Hi folks, if you're a member of the popular social networking site Digg.com, I was wondering if you could take a second and "Digg" our Astronomy Cast podcast. ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2007/01/04/please-digg-the-astronomy-cast-podcast/)

Blob
2007-Jan-05, 04:56 AM
Hum,
you are aware of the `digg effect` ?

Fraser
2007-Jan-05, 05:04 AM
Would this be a reverse Digg effect, where we send traffic to them and try to take them off the Internet.

This is actually more permanent. This isn't a one-time story, it's Astronomy Cast's permanent position in their podcast directory. So I want to ensure we get high up the list and stay there. :-)

Frimlin
2007-Jan-05, 12:58 PM
I have digg'd the podcast, Fraser. I'd do anything else you ask to promote the podcasts, too. I think the work you and Pamela are doing is fantastic, and I am an avid listener. So much so, I am checking your site even more than I was previously, to make sure I get the latest podcast as and when it comes out.

I particularly enjoyed the recent episode 16 "Across the Electromagnetic Spectrum" and have so far listened to it 3 times. I have had lots of questions about light and this has answered a lot of them in a way that allows me to move on to new questions. ;)

I'll be writing to you and Pamela again shortly to express my feelings about the podcasts further. But suffice to say, I think they are truly fantastic and a great educational tool.

Thanks so much,

Ash Harman
aka Frimlin

Jerry
2007-Jan-05, 02:39 PM
I have referred the Astronomy Cast to local science teachers, suggesting extra credit for listening, and I encourage everyone to do the same. The quality and content are excellent. This is a very talented team.

lolife
2007-Jan-07, 03:39 AM
Ok, dugg! Digg us back!

http://digg.com/podcasts/Slackerpedia_Galactica_and_Slacker_Astronomy_video _podcast

Keep up the great work, guys.

Michael

Fraser
2007-Jan-07, 03:47 AM
Done, thanks Michael.