PDA

View Full Version : Our apoligies for this planet x goofiness

2003-May-19, 09:42 PM
I got this message last night.

For those of you worried about Planet X, don't be. The whole thing was a joke concocted by some of our teenagers who got ahold of our telepathic communicators and thought it'd be a lot of fun to play a prank. Rest assured they have been dealt with and your world is in NO danger as everyone will see in a few days. Again, you have our apoligies.

Thus sayeth the Pleadians.

Greenhalgh
2003-May-19, 09:44 PM
LOL, it was one long prank then... 8 years? :lol: Obviously age slower then us :D

Fluffis the evil Hamster
2003-May-19, 09:47 PM
Hehe

Ok, guys... you know what this means: "We're going to WAR!" (Shujumi, Starship Troopers

:lol:

Psi-less
2003-May-19, 09:48 PM
See there? Number 7 in the "Top Ten Reasons Why It Didn't Happen" thread. Why does the phrase "Merry Pranksters" seem so apropos here? :lol:

Psi-less

g99
2003-May-19, 10:58 PM
Hehe

Ok, guys... you know what this means: "We're going to WAR!" (Shujumi, Starship Troopers

uuhhg...Don't speak the name of that evil movie here...horrible..horrible... Heinlen is spinning in his grave.

Fluffis the evil Hamster
2003-May-19, 11:20 PM
uuhhg...Don't speak the name of that evil movie here...horrible..horrible... Heinlen is spinning in his grave.

Oh dear!
Sorry about that... I didn't know. I was just quoting. I have read the book, and I know the reasons for hating it. I just don't think it is that bad as a Sci-Fi... (It actually gets better after watching it 2-3 times. Yeah... I'm crazy. ;) )

g99
2003-May-20, 01:27 AM
lol its o.k. i own the movie, i think the graphics are good, but the movie still sucks and is a horrible version of the book. :-)

WolfKC
2003-May-20, 02:34 AM
I loved Starship Troopers :lol:

smzarba
2003-May-20, 03:17 AM
I need some help. Please! I have found myself, several times, slack jawed while reading the zetatalk chat thing (whatever). I guess it's like a car wreck where I can't seem to turn away. I want it to stop, but there I go again, staring in some kind of dis-belief! What do I do? :o

freddo
2003-May-20, 03:20 AM
smzarba - incurable disease... Suggested measures you can take to reduce your symptoms include:

1. Read this site.
2. Tell your offline friends the world was supposed to end last week - watch them go "why didn't anybody tell me?"
3. See 1.

C.

smzarba
2003-May-20, 03:48 AM
Oops! I forgot to tell anyone! (How did you know?)
I just hope I don't have withdrawls when they stop....hmm if they stop. And how much is this diverting our attention from the real universe anyway?
Thanks Freddo!

g99
2003-May-20, 03:54 AM

The book or the movie?

I suggest going here (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5166&start=0)
and
here (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=144&start=0) :-)

2003-May-20, 02:03 PM
I just hope I don't have withdrawls when they stop....hmm if they stop. And how much is this diverting our attention from the real universe anyway?
Thanks Freddo!

The pleadians came to me in a vision one evening and showed me the truth and told me to spread the word.

Byrd
2003-May-20, 02:31 PM
I need some help. Please! I have found myself, several times, slack jawed while reading the zetatalk chat thing (whatever). I guess it's like a car wreck where I can't seem to turn away. I want it to stop, but there I go again, staring in some kind of dis-belief! What do I do? :o

Do what I'm going to do -- there's a graduate level course in the anthropology department at Southern Methodist University that's about pseudoscience. I'm going to do a project on it.

Heck, if you can't stop watching, at least get some academic credit for it!

carolyn
2003-May-20, 04:27 PM

:D me too :D

especialy the adverts!

WolfKC
2003-May-20, 06:07 PM
Thanks Freddo!
http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/pxaddict.jpg

freddo
2003-May-20, 10:35 PM
Wolf - one of your best!!! :wink:

smzarba
2003-May-20, 10:45 PM
wolf,
That's it! That's what my wife says I look like (alternating between that and the open-mouthed, blank-eyed, drooling poise.