PDA

View Full Version : Stationery Movie Game

Fazor
2007-Jan-11, 05:35 PM
Hehe found this website (http://stationerymovies.com/) and thought it was pretty cool. People immitate scenes from movies with office supplies and you have to try and guess the movie. I've got 11 so far.

Just a word of warning: it's pretty picky. If the movie starts with the word "The", you have to type it in order for it to recognize. Also, you have to put the whole title on some. Can't really think of an example without giving up the answer.

anyway have fun.

SeanF
2007-Jan-11, 05:51 PM
Also, you have to put the whole title on some.
And, yet, some you don't. :)

I've got eleven so far, too. I wonder if it's the same eleven?

Roy Batty
2007-Jan-11, 06:08 PM
I'm stuck on 4 of the 20.

Fazor
2007-Jan-11, 07:39 PM
Well, now I only need 3. Was at 4, then had a customer come in. When I came back the one was painfully obvious. But the others have me completely stumped.

SeanF
2007-Jan-11, 07:48 PM
Well, now I only need 3. Was at 4, then had a customer come in. When I came back the one was painfully obvious. But the others have me completely stumped.
Jeez, I've only gotten 12.

I'm still missing numbers 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 17, and 19.

Do I by any chance have any of the ones you're missing? :)

Fazor
2007-Jan-11, 07:51 PM
Jeez, I've only gotten 12.

I'm still missing numbers 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 17, and 19.

Do I by any chance have any of the ones you're missing? :)

Sorry, i miss counted and do indeed have 4 left. They are number 2, 8, 9, and 19. So to answer your question, nope. :-/
17's the one that i was referring to that was obvious once i came back to it. what makes it difficult is it's hard to make out the picture.

SeanF
2007-Jan-11, 08:52 PM
I just got 1, 10, and 19.

I'll give you a hint for 19 if you give me one for 17. :)

EDIT: I just got 8, too.

Fazor
2007-Jan-11, 09:01 PM
I just got 1, 10, and 19.

I'll give you a hint for 19 if you give me one for 17. :)

EDIT: I just got 8, too.

Hmm..a *hint*
It was a "great" movie starting Leonardo Di'Crap'rio that I absolutely refuse to watch. Some say it rose to the occasion, I say it sunk. (pun-detector just exploded on me).

SeanF
2007-Jan-11, 09:24 PM
Hmm..a *hint*
It was a "great" movie starting Leonardo Di'Crap'rio that I absolutely refuse to watch. Some say it rose to the occasion, I say it sunk. (pun-detector just exploded on me).
Duh!

I kept thinking it looked like person standing on top of a building!

Okay, number 19 - the image represents a minor character who appeared in two of a movie series that currently has more than 20 films in it!

For some reason, the movie title I typed in was the second movie with that character - it's a shorter title than the first he was in - but a quick check confirms that the system will accept either of the two titles.

:)

EDIT: Ah, I just got 14. 2 and 9 are the only ones left now!

Fazor
2007-Jan-11, 09:38 PM
Heh, never thought of that. Good show.

Inferno
2007-Jan-11, 10:35 PM
Need 2, 8 and 9.

I was sure 2 would be The Notebook!

SeanF
2007-Jan-11, 10:51 PM
Need 2, 8 and 9.

I was sure 2 would be The Notebook!
That was my first guess for 2 as well! :)

THERE ARE HINTS HIDDEN IN THIS POST. HIT "QUOTE" TO READ THEM.

. (
For Number 2, I'm guessing if I'd seen the movie, the names on the post-it notes might mean something. As it was, it was the note in the upper-right that made me think, "Maybe it's..." BTW, Number 2 is one where spelling (and punctuation!) could bite you.

Number 8 is similar to Number 6, only smaller and more numerous.
)

Number 9 is the only one I still don't have...

Inferno
2007-Jan-11, 10:59 PM
That was my first guess for 2 as well! :)

THERE ARE HINTS HIDDEN IN THIS POST. HIT "QUOTE" TO READ THEM.

. (
For Number 2, I'm guessing if I'd seen the movie, the names on the post-it notes might mean something. As it was, it was the note in the upper-right that made me think, "Maybe it's..." BTW, Number 2 is one where spelling (and punctuation!) could bite you.

Number 8 is similar to Number 6, only smaller and more numerous.
)

Number 9 is the only one I still don't have...

Cheers on 8. I tried similar things to that, but that particular film didn't spring to mind for some reason.

I had to give up on 2 and 9. Ended up googling them. Don't think I ever would have got 2, but kinda obvious in a way.

9 is quite clever and subtle. I kept thinking the road warrior, or 42nd street, or something to do with buildings, but its nothing like that.

Fazor
2007-Jan-12, 02:37 PM
Bah. I had to google the last three. Turns out i was right about the one for the staple removers, but there's different spellings and I used the wrong one. the highlighters one also irked me but it was my fault. I thought i had tried that one and either i did and spelled it wrong or never did. #2 i would have never got in a billion years, never seen that movie nor do i ever want to :-p.
**possible hint warning** my g/f would have probably gotten it instantly tho

jamesabrown
2007-Jan-12, 03:03 PM
Ugh, I'm stuck with 14/20. I still need 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15.

Incidentally, 20 seems to be a particular scene from a particular movie, and yet the answer doesn't match precisely.

hhEb09'1
2007-Jan-12, 03:08 PM
Ugh, I'm stuck with 14/20. I still need 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15.Someone has posted a list of answers on the net (http://www.neatorama.com/2006/10/21/stationery-movies/)
Incidentally, 20 seems to be a particular scene from a particular movie, and yet the answer doesn't match precisely.Some of them have more than one acceptable answer. I haven't really played around with #20.

SeanF
2007-Jan-12, 04:01 PM
Someone has posted a list of answers on the net (http://www.neatorama.com/2006/10/21/stationery-movies/)
Must...not...click...link...Must...not...click...l ink.

I want to get this last one on my own! :)

Jeff Root
2007-Jan-14, 01:32 AM
Before I started reading posts after the original post, I only
got 8 of the 20. I got #19 pretty quickly because I happened
to see the end of the movie on TV a couple of weeks ago.
Although it is a Space-related movie, I'd never seen it before.
I don't have a TV of my own so that was a rare event.

I had a hard time remembering the right title of the dance
movie, which I also have never seen. I had all the right
words but it took a long time for them to assemble in the
right order inside my brain. I got a total of 9 without help.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Jeff Root
2007-Jan-14, 01:51 AM
I looked at the answers. Two of them were movies I thought of
while looking at the pictures but didn't bother to try because they
seemed so far-fetched. One of those is a movie I've never even
seen a still from.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

Occam
2007-Jan-14, 02:19 AM
Check out this one, too. It's been around a while but may be new to some of you. M&M's Dark Movie Quiz
http://us.mms.com/us/dark/

Inferno
2007-Jan-14, 10:10 PM
Must...not...click...link...Must...not...click...l ink.

I want to get this last one on my own! :)

I'll give you a hint for number 9 (if you haven't looked at the answers already).

THERE ARE HINTS HIDDEN IN THIS POST. HIT "QUOTE" TO READ THEM

. (What is different about each of the items pictured?)

SeanF
2007-Jan-15, 03:39 PM
I'll give you a hint for number 9 (if you haven't looked at the answers already).

THERE ARE HINTS HIDDEN IN THIS POST. HIT "QUOTE" TO READ THEM

. (What is different about each of the items pictured?)
I finally looked it up this weekend.

I have never seen the movie. I have no idea what scene in the movie the picture is supposed to represent. Even after reading your hint, I don't know what it means. :)

hhEb09'1
2007-Jan-15, 03:50 PM
I have never seen the movie. I have no idea what scene in the movie the picture is supposed to represent. Even after reading your hint, I don't know what it means. :)I knew this would happen, if you hadn't seen the movie. All the perps in the movie hide their identities, even from each other, by only referring to each other by color. Steve Buscemi was Mr. Pink, Quentin Taratino was Mr. Brown

SeanF
2007-Jan-15, 03:55 PM
I knew this would happen, if you hadn't seen the movie. All the perps in the movie hide their identities, even from each other, by only referring to each other by color. Steve Buscemi was Mr. Pink, Quentin Taratino was Mr. Brown
Ah, thanks. :)

EDIT: I should note, though, that that's not the only movie in the list I haven't seen. That's just the only one I didn't know enough about to make the connection. :)

Jeff Root
2007-Jan-15, 09:37 PM
I knew this would happen, if you hadn't seen the movie. All the perps
in the movie hide their identities, even from each other, by only referring
to each other by color. Steve Buscemi was Mr. Pink, Quentin Taratino
was Mr. Brown
So, one of those characters had seen the 1974 movie "The Taking of
Pellham One Two Three"?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

hhEb09'1
2007-Jan-15, 09:59 PM
So, one of those characters had seen the 1974 movie "The Taking of
Pellham One Two Three"?I think it was Quentiin Taratino :)