PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Aldrin on Al Murray show UK ITV

captain swoop
2007-Feb-03, 10:43 PM
Good show, Al got the Audience to shout 'Shame on you@ at any HBers watching.

then got him to autograph a Teflon frying pan. made out to 'the highest Bidder'

Although the show is a 'comedy' chat show Buzz talked about the 'Barbecue Roll'

jumbo
2007-Feb-04, 02:27 AM
I saw it too.
Not only did we get a joke based on the increase of mass at relativistic velocities but we got the nice sight of Bart Sibrel getting a 'shaming'.

captain swoop
2007-Feb-05, 12:38 AM
I noticed that Al seemed genuinely in Awe of Buzz and didn't give him the usual roasting he gives his other guests.

For thosw ho didn't see it the Relativity joke was that if mass increases as you go faster, then why aren't fat blokes fast runners?

BigDon
2007-Feb-05, 03:44 AM
Because of their "rest" mass? Emphasis on the "rest"?

Mellow
2007-Feb-05, 08:28 AM
'twas a good interview, I've met Al Murray a couple of times at Edinburgh, funny and intelligent bloke, not a surprise that he accorded Buzz a bit of respect. Nice one Al.

jumbo
2007-Feb-05, 09:38 AM
Definitely a clever guy. The character masks the performer, another comedian (like Sasha Baron Cohen aka Borat) who has a degree from either Oxford or Cambridge.

djellison
2007-Feb-05, 02:09 PM
It was better than I though it would be....do we know why Buzz was in the UK - usually people have something to plug, but he didn't seem to.

Doug

captain swoop
2007-Feb-05, 10:39 PM
The 'Pub Landlord' Character was invented to fill in bits on Harry Hills 'pub International' tour. he did his shows in, well, Pubs. Al took on the character of the Pubs landlord and had a go at the audience, I saw Pub International. he also had his own Pub landlord Sitcom on Sky 1, Phil daniels was in it as the resident barfly and Julia Sawalha was his Australian barmaid. Frank Skinner was in a couple of episodes as well as a Club Comedian.

Doodler
2007-Feb-05, 11:15 PM
For thosw ho didn't see it the Relativity joke was that if mass increases as you go faster, then why aren't fat blokes fast runners?

Because I don't think the other side of that rule is "Bodies in motion tend to collapse exhausted after the ice cream man finally stops"

djellison
2007-Feb-05, 11:48 PM
Big Bob....Big Bob....Big Bob.Big Bob.Big Bob....Big Bob....Big Bob....Big Bob.Big Bob.Big Bob

Slow metabolism..........

Fast food :)

Doug

Doodler
2007-Feb-06, 02:52 AM
Exactly, not a very intelligent design, if you ask me. ;)

captain swoop
2007-Feb-07, 12:10 AM
Big Bob. He's just got big bones!!!

Covered in a layer of fat!