PDA

View Full Version : Podcast: The Fermi Paradox: Where are all the Aliens?

Fraser
2007-Feb-20, 05:19 PM
We live in a mind bogglingly big Universe filled with countless stars. We know intelligent life evolved here on Earth. It must be common across the Universe, right? ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2007/02/20/podcast-the-fermi-paradox-where-are-all-the-aliens/)

mtman
2007-Feb-20, 08:55 PM
Yes Indeed it is, millions of inhabited world scattered through out many universes, and with differenceing levels of intelligence, personally, we are of the duel [left-right] brain spiecies of course, but there are also the 3-brain and single brain spieces basically. But not to worry, all are friendly and most are much futher advanced than we are... after all... it was only alittle over 500 yrs. ago that almost everyone thought the world was flat... In the not too distant future, there will be the universal discovery that not only are we not alone, but we live within a duel physcial-spiritual reality too... where no longer will a person have to die the physcial death, in order to effectively travel back and forth between these realms... thus fulfills the "new-world transition" of enlightenment and the fulfillment of prophecies. If you can believe that the stock market is going to take a good downfall right after the Vernial Equinox this year, then you should find it easy to believe this too! :-}

Prime
2007-Feb-21, 03:52 PM
An explanation(2003) that correlates for the David Adair Interview in NEXUS, on the organic hybrid space engine,etc. under A-51. http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/adair.html

msjon4109
2007-Feb-21, 03:52 PM
This was a very interesting podcast. I think there are millions of civilization
in our galaxy. As you said, our galaxy is so large and vast, it takes alot of
time to go from place to place.
It's not much difference from when we 500yrs. ago would travel from the
old country to the new world and it would take 4 months or so. Now it takes
6hrs to fly from NY. to London.
I don't think that we're just one out of 2-3 hundred billion solar systems in
the Milky Way. I think that our galaxy is evolving at or about the same time,
so the extraterrestials may not be that far behined us nor that more advanced.

SJ

ocalady
2007-Feb-27, 03:43 AM
Life started relatively quickly on earth, but human life is only 2 or 3 million years old, maybe less depending on what we mean by "human". This is a very small slice of earth time. I don't think we can jump so easily from "life" to humans. A planet of ammonites or trilobites has life but it need not evolve towards anything with minds like ours.
Even when humans did evolve onto the scene, for most of their existence they were busy just trying to survive, to find food and keep from being eaten. The civilization and technology we live in is a very recent development and it is not worldwide even for us. Some peoples still live in bare subsistence societies and others live by various deliberately non-scientific religions.
I think it is a great leap from "planets with life" to a planet with a society that has any interest in looking for other planets, and that greatly narrows the odds that we can ever find one.