PDA

View Full Version : truly intelligetn tv- or just comedy?

novaderrik
2007-Feb-22, 07:56 PM
last night- Feb 21, 2007- Jim Carey was on the Conan O'Brien show. the 2 of them had a rather funny conversation about quantum physics- and Max even joined the fun.
even tho i had no idea what they were talking about, it was greatly entertaining..
did anyone else see it? if so, can it be torn apart?
and did Max really make a really simple mistake that only proved that he was in over his head, and deserved to be labeled an "arse" for trying to fit in?

LucasVB
2007-Feb-22, 10:42 PM
Who's Max?

SeanF
2007-Feb-22, 10:48 PM
Who's Max?
Presumably Max Weinberg, Conan's band-leader/second banana.

novaderrik
2007-Feb-23, 03:37 AM
yeah, Max Weinberg..
also known as Bruce Springsteen's drummer.

so, no one else here watches Conan?

Gillianren
2007-Feb-23, 08:00 AM
Sometimes. When I know he's got a good guest on. Most of the time, late at night, I'm watching movies. (Sometimes, there's something really good playing on the CBC at the same time; if there isn't, I usually put something in.)

Fazor
2007-Feb-23, 02:54 PM
Late night TV for me consists of the g/f watching whatever junk she recorded on the DVR (see Illuminati thread in CT for list of said junk) while I play guitar and ignore the 42" plasma screen that *I* paid for (and the $45/mo digi-cable bill, which I also pay). *grumbles*. Oh well, she's the real loser in that deal, as she's the one that has to listen to the pluckings of a guy who has been "self-teaching" guitar for less than a year. >:}

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Feb-25, 04:56 AM
Once and while actors can really surprise you, we just here about the stupid things they do and some are their just there because of their looks. No I did not watch I am usually working at that time.

LucasVB
2007-Feb-25, 08:58 AM
so, no one else here watches Conan?

I can't. They don't air Conan's show around here in Brazil. It's a shame, I heard he's quite funny.

Gillianren
2007-Feb-25, 06:58 PM
Hey, ToSeek, since you're floating around fixing things, can you hit the title of this thread? It's a bit ironic, but it has been bothering me anyway.

formulaterp
2007-Feb-26, 08:07 PM
Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqJRwtCeR2s

Roy Batty
2007-Feb-26, 10:38 PM
Hey, that was pretty funny :)

Noclevername
2007-May-14, 01:47 AM
Used to watch Conan, nowadays I'm usually seeing Futurama about that time.

Bring back Futurama!