PDA

View Full Version : Saw Something That Made Me Think Of You Guys

BigDon
2007-Mar-09, 07:15 AM
I saw this while travelling through the weirder patchs of the internet and immediately thought of you guys.

The whole gif was too big, so I extracted a frame.

SockMonkey
2007-Mar-09, 08:05 AM
Eeep!
That means I'm responsible for a catgirl holocaust!
This will not look good on my resume'.

Whirlpool
2007-Mar-09, 09:50 AM
Ohh!
Extinction of the Catgirls is at hand.

:p

Tog
2007-Mar-09, 10:21 AM
Oh man, that hits waayyy to close to home on my City of Heroes forum. There was change made to the game that about half thought was unfair, and unrealistic, while the other half felt that it was perfectly fine. I was on the side that said it was unfair, and have much Catgirl blood on my hands because of it.:(

BTW, where can I steal a copy of that for the other boards... We actually have Catgirls there.

Doodler
2007-Mar-09, 02:31 PM
Already downloaded. Gonna put it on my guild's website to host it. :)

Gotta do one for Hobbits being slaughtered when Tolkieen geeks whine about the movies.

mike alexander
2007-Mar-09, 04:23 PM
Does this also apply to Redshirts in Star Trek?

Swift
2007-Mar-09, 04:40 PM
What dies when we drag real engineering, chemistry, or astronomy into such discussions? :razz:

Tog
2007-Mar-09, 04:54 PM
Just the thread ;)

*ducks and runs*

korjik
2007-Mar-09, 06:01 PM
E=mc^2! Lenz's Law! Newtons Law of Gravitation!

LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN!

Doodler
2007-Mar-09, 06:34 PM
Does this also apply to Redshirts in Star Trek?

Orion dancers. Red shirts are born to die.

Matherly
2007-Mar-09, 06:49 PM

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the Orion Dancers!

(Actually, I think of the Orion Dancers quite a bit :whistle: )

publiusr
2007-Mar-09, 09:53 PM
O...k....

Van Rijn
2007-Mar-10, 10:20 AM

Look, I like to discuss Star Trek silliness, and I won't condone the death of Orion dancers, so it has to be red shirts!

JonClarke
2007-Mar-10, 10:52 AM

Gotta do one for Hobbits being slaughtered when Tolkieen geeks whine about the movies.

Since when has an appreciation of literature amade someone a geek?

Conversely does slavering over Peter Jackson's efforts and brooking no criticism of them make you the opposite of a geek?

Jon

Doodler
2007-Mar-10, 09:08 PM
Since when has an appreciation of literature amade someone a geek?

When someone fails, totally, utterly, completely, and MISERABLY to separate between the realities of the print and film media.

The kind of morons that had JK Rowling sitting on the set of the first Harry Potter movie making sure it was a chapter, verse, and passage regurgitation of her book.

Conversely does slavering over Peter Jackson's efforts and brooking no criticism of them make you the opposite of a geek?

One, I don't slaver. I appreciate the impressive accomplishment of taking the very involved (and sometimes dry as a bone) story from which the vast universe of swords and sorcery fantasy is derived, and turning it into a very watchable epic set of films.

Roy Batty
2007-Mar-11, 01:06 PM
One, I don't slaver. I appreciate the impressive accomplishment of taking the very involved (and sometimes dry as a bone) story from which the vast universe of swords and sorcery fantasy is derived, and turning it into a very watchable epic set of films.
I couldn't agree more :clap:

greenfeather
2007-Mar-11, 03:37 PM
Ohh!
Extinction of the Catgirls is at hand.

:p

It says "physics", but how about biology & biochemistry? Do they also kill cat girls? If so, then even I'm guilty.

greenfeather
2007-Mar-11, 03:39 PM
I saw this while travelling through the weirder patchs of the internet and immediately thought of you guys.

The whole gif was too big, so I extracted a frame.

I'm clueless. What is a Cat Girl? Is it just a woman who likes/has/worships cats?

GUILTY!

Doodler
2007-Mar-11, 04:27 PM
I'm clueless. What is a Cat Girl? Is it just a woman who likes/has/worships cats?

GUILTY!

SEE: Japanese Anime. Subset: Hentai. Might also try: Furry Anime.

Be ready for some hardcore culture shock.

Van Rijn
2007-Mar-12, 04:39 AM
Culture shock? Especially if you research "hentai." You see catgirls in a lot of non-hentai anime. My take on it: Anime tends to emphasize "cute." Characters often have childlike features, with big eyes. Kittens (with big eyes, ears, and so forth) are thought by most people to be cute. So here you have women or girls that have the big eyes, cat ears, etc. that are sort of human kittens. Kawaii overload!

BigDon
2007-Mar-12, 08:00 AM
The child like, big eyed mode is called chibi. So even regular anime characters are sometimes drawn in that fashion occasionally. Boo can give you all the details on the drawing styles. And anime is her favorite style to draw. Aside from her budding acting career she is an accomplished artist and won a national poetry contest as well.

Van Rijn
2007-Mar-12, 10:29 AM
Chibi is a stylized, extreme version, but the large eyed young look is extremely common in anime.

Damien Evans
2007-Mar-14, 01:37 PM

Mostly the Tolkien geeks loved the movies...

Though i have to say leaving out the last half of book six was dissapointing...

Damien Evans
2007-Mar-14, 01:40 PM
E=mc^2! Lenz's Law! Newtons Law of Gravitation!

LET THE SLAUGHTER BEGIN!

CRUSH, KILL, MAIM, MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Sticks
2007-Mar-14, 01:57 PM
We were once told as children that every time we said we did not believe in fairies, a fairy died.

So my response was "I don't belieive in all the fairies" :evil: :razz:

Anyhue

There is only Physics

Chemistry is merely applied electron Physics, and as they said on Sliders once, Biology is for those scientists who are not good at maths.

(Ducks and hides :whistle: )

Doodler
2007-Mar-14, 05:07 PM
Though i have to say leaving out the last half of book six was dissapointing...

Would have been another hour at the minimum...

Worth it, though.

mike alexander
2007-Mar-14, 09:21 PM
Sticks wrote:

We were once told as children that every time we said we did not believe in fairies, a fairy died.

You mean something like this?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8152/fairyre8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)