PDA

View Full Version : Lieder

foreignkid
2007-Mar-21, 02:27 AM
I have to admit that I am actually Nancy Lieder. I suppose that this will result in me being banned. It has been nice conversing with you all over the years. I feel I can no longer convince anyone on this site to believe in my ideals, so I decided to expose myself and have the administrators take my leave. Thanx again all, and bye. Nancy

Is this a joke?? :think:
I hope so...

I guess it is possible for an acclaimed antiscientist to be wondering this forum... it scares me.

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Mar-21, 02:35 AM
Is this a joke?? :think:
I hope so...

I guess it is possible for an acclaimed antiscientist to be wondering this forum... it scares me.
First thing that comes to mind has the BA seen it, and the second is if she survived this long without getting banned maybe she can be an example to the CTers and HBers who come here with and get banned within week or a month.

Whirlpool
2007-Mar-21, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I think The BA should know that she is IN this forum , "trying to convince people of her ideals".... :neutral:

snarkophilus
2007-Mar-21, 02:56 AM
"trying to convince people of her ideals".... :neutral:

The even integers are an ideal in Z! So are the multiples of 3! Those are my ideals! Believe!

Sorry, too much algebra... *slinks back to the books*

foreignkid
2007-Mar-21, 04:06 AM
Earth to the BA!
Do you copy?

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Mar-21, 04:20 AM
Earth to the BA!
Do you copy?
you just want to start a fight.

mike alexander
2007-Mar-21, 05:11 AM
Wierd, though. I was expecting a thread about German folk songs.

Maksutov
2007-Mar-21, 05:28 AM
Wierd, though. I was expecting a thread about German folk songs.Shoot, you beat me to it. Although, strictly speaking, Lieder are German art songs. The folk songs would be Gesänge. I'm sure if I'm in error, crosscountry will correct me here.

Yup, then I was going to go on about how Schubert's are so full of pathos, Brahms' are always quite reserved, and Mahler's are the best, especially, for instance, Lob des hohen Verstands (http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?TextId=4525), which might serve well as the theme music for the CT forum.

AGN Fuel
2007-Mar-21, 06:05 AM
But this is the beauty of the way this board is run - you can have an avowed ATM adherent pose all of the wild ideas in the world, but if they follow the board rules such as politeness and responding to posed questions if they declare a position in an issue, then the mere fact of who they are is not in itself a reason for a banning. I may stand corrected, but I haven't seen any example of Pinemartin having broken the forum rules.

People may consider Leider with distaste given the effect that she has had on some of the... more easily led... folk in the community, and they are certainly entitled to hold that view - I hold it myself, after all. However, I was be very disappointed if anyone was banned from the forum for simply holding a view, if they did not otherwise breach the BAUT rules.

Musashi
2007-Mar-21, 06:08 AM
Pinemarten is not Nancy Lieder.

AGN Fuel
2007-Mar-21, 06:14 AM

Are you sure? I've never seen them in the same room together.

Whirlpool
2007-Mar-21, 06:46 AM
If she's not.
Why would she say she is Nancy Lieder anyway?

:neutral:

Serenitude
2007-Mar-21, 12:28 PM
I can't wait for the humor gene to be found, so we can commence immediate therapy.

farmerjumperdon
2007-Mar-21, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I think The BA should know that she is IN this forum , "trying to convince people of her ideals".... :neutral:

I think the claim is that she is just "wondering."

HenrikOlsen
2007-Mar-21, 01:33 PM
Now the only thing remaining is to show that Nancy actually has a sense of wonder.

ToSeek
2007-Mar-21, 01:44 PM

Only if Nancy is now using a Canadian Internet Service Provider from her Wisconsin hideout.

Moose
2007-Mar-21, 01:49 PM
At this time, I'd like to confess that I am Chuck Norris, here to Ninja-Kick the remaining ISS components into the proper orbit (the ability to do so being a popular internet rumor I'd like to absolutely confirm at this time). Having admitted my real identity, I have to wonder how many people in this thread are willing to believe my claims without inspection?

Is it not equally premature to either believe or disbelieve Pinemartin's claim at this time? Instinct aside (and I'll admit my instincts have definitely weighed in), there's absolutely no evidence either way. It's an unsupported claim, nothing more.

Moose
2007-Mar-21, 02:02 PM
Only if Nancy is now using a Canadian Internet Service Provider from her Wisconsin hideout.

Okay, I'd say it's now no longer premature to form an opinion on the subject. :D

farmerjumperdon
2007-Mar-21, 02:14 PM
I'm getting a visual of Kirk Douglas being grilled by a panel of BAUT posters. Planet X'ers start rising, one by one at first, then in unison, all hailing . . .

I am Nancy Lieder!

dhd40
2007-Mar-21, 02:44 PM
Shoot, you beat me to it. Although, strictly speaking, Lieder are German art songs. The folk songs would be Gesänge. (SNIP)

Wouldn´t folk songs be Volkslieder? E.g.: Muss i denn, muss i denn zum (zuhum) Städele hinaus ... (Elvis Presley):dance:

Musashi
2007-Mar-21, 02:54 PM
If she's not.
Why would she say she is Nancy Lieder anyway?

:neutral:
He's not. He is just having a bit of a go.

Fazor
2007-Mar-21, 03:06 PM
I gotta say, I like that tactic. Someone comes out and says "I'm [insert famous name here]" and you would all instantly jump to "no you're not". But begin with the simple phrase " I must confess ..." and it gets y'all wondering.

Now my only question is, who do I want to be...? :think:

Serenitude
2007-Mar-21, 03:30 PM
I gotta say, I like that tactic. Someone comes out and says "I'm [insert famous name here]" and you would all instantly jump to "no you're not". But begin with the simple phrase " I must confess ..." and it gets y'all wondering.

Proffesor John Frink? :p

Fazor
2007-Mar-21, 03:36 PM
Proffesor John Frink? :p

I prefer to call him Dr John Frink, as I've never seen him teach (well, except once as a computer programming teacher in one of apu's flashbacks, and once as a substitute when the elementary teachers went on strike). But he does hold a PhD.

snarkophilus
2007-Mar-21, 04:50 PM
Yup, then I was going to go on about how Schubert's are so full of pathos,

Because the best one is about a dude drowning himself in a brook after his woman hooks up with another guy?

Die Schone Mullerin is pretty much the original emo album. I wonder if Schubert had a pair of those fat, geeky Weezer-like glasses....

torque of the town
2007-Mar-21, 05:05 PM
I wonder if Schubert had a pair of those fat, geeky Weezer-like glasses....

I would like to think so:lol:

Serenitude
2007-Mar-21, 07:26 PM
I would like to think so:lol:

I resemble that remark.

Oh. Wait!

Ah, bloody heck :mad:

vonmazur
2007-Mar-21, 07:51 PM
You all have had your chance, and missed the secret meaning of this thread:

Schubert is sitting at the Klavier, and a UFO lands on it, two little gray aliens get out, and say......

Come on!! Surely this is not that hard....

Dale in Ala

Van Rijn
2007-Mar-21, 07:58 PM

I must confess I'm actually Generalissimo Francisco Franco.

Well, that or Elvis. It is a bit confusing - the brain isn't what it used to be.

HenrikOlsen
2007-Mar-21, 08:45 PM
You all have had your chance, and missed the secret meaning of this thread:

Schubert is sitting at the Klavier, and a UFO lands on it, two little gray aliens get out, and say......

Come on!! Surely this is not that hard....

Dale in Ala

Take us to your Lieder?

foreignkid
2007-Mar-21, 10:36 PM
I'm getting a visual of Kirk Douglas being grilled by a panel of BAUT posters. Planet X'ers start rising, one by one at first, then in unison, all hailing . . .

I am Nancy Lieder!

Does Pinemarten have a big crater on his/her/its (we can never know) chin?

Nowhere Man
2007-Mar-21, 10:42 PM
"As someone once remarked to Schubert,
"'Take me to your lieder!'"

Tom Lehrer, Whatever Became of Hubert?

Fred

Maksutov
2007-Mar-22, 03:03 AM
Wouldn´t folk songs be Volkslieder? E.g.: Muss i denn, muss i denn zum (zuhum) Städele hinaus ... (Elvis Presley):dance:Yeah, I should have remembered that. The perfect things to sing while motoring in one's Volkswagen. Sometimes it takes a village. Komm gib mir deine Hand!

Whirlpool
2007-Mar-22, 12:01 PM
Hey guys.
I was just curious.
Coming from the past .. out of the blue ..claiming he's nancy lieder. :neutral:

Sorry.. I missed the joke in there.

;)

Serenitude
2007-Mar-22, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm Nancy Sinatra, if that's close enough for you :-)

torque of the town
2007-Mar-22, 01:06 PM
Well, I'm Nancy Sinatra, if that's close enough for you :-)

Do you look good in thigh length boots?

ToSeek
2007-Mar-22, 02:03 PM
... that are made for walking.

tbm
2007-Mar-22, 02:51 PM
If Nancy Lieder were to take someone to the cleaners (financially speaking), would they be getting a ...............

Liederhosen??

tbm

Serenitude
2007-Mar-22, 03:56 PM
Do you look good in thigh length boots?

Um, that would kinda make me look like Dr. Frank with a high'n'tight. So, I'm guessing not ;) :lol:

Maksutov
2007-Mar-22, 07:03 PM
Um, that would kinda make me look like Dr. Frank with a high'n'tight. So, I'm guessing not ;) :lol:You wouldn't do that to furter the cause of science?

I'm reminded of the time a Congressman visited Mission Control during Apollo, looking for Tom Paine. Spotting the Apollo flight director, he yelled, "Take me to your leader, Kranz!"

snarkophilus
2007-Mar-22, 08:02 PM
Take us to your Lieder?

That is awful.

In a good way. ;)

dhd40
2007-Mar-22, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I should have remembered that. The perfect things to sing while motoring in one's Volkswagen. Sometimes it takes a village. Komm gib mir deine Hand!

Beatles never drive Beetles:whistle:

mike alexander
2007-Mar-22, 10:00 PM
It just struck me: what else would boots be made for?

Gillianren
2007-Mar-22, 11:50 PM
Riding.

Musashi
2007-Mar-22, 11:59 PM
Sex appeal.

Serenitude
2007-Mar-23, 12:13 AM
Drinking wine.

Hey, I don't judge you, do I? :razz: :lol:

Maksutov
2007-Mar-23, 12:20 AM
Skiing.

Donnie B.
2007-Mar-23, 12:47 AM
Boying cows.

Whirlpool
2007-Mar-23, 01:08 AM
Running.

dhd40
2007-Mar-23, 11:55 AM
stink prevention

Damien Evans
2007-Mar-23, 12:11 PM
wading

Maksutov
2007-Mar-23, 12:39 PM
Ice/snow climbing (usually with crampons), sometimes while wearing liederhosen [sic].

peter eldergill
2007-Mar-23, 01:02 PM
Ice/snow climbing (usually with crampons), sometimes while wearing liederhosen [sic].

Double groan

Moose
2007-Mar-23, 01:18 PM
what else would boots be made for?

Kicking tail and gum-chewing when you're all out of gum.

Swift
2007-Mar-23, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by mike alexander
what else would boots be made for?
Starting personal computers

snowcelt
2007-Mar-24, 07:18 AM
Proving we have brains? Without boots we would be like apes: besides the fact we wear cloths, write books, ponder life...

Maksutov
2007-Mar-24, 09:04 AM
For navigating underwater, i.e., Das Boot.

Maksutov
2007-Mar-24, 09:07 AM
For hunting and pursuing bears, Boötis.