PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate when public transportation is late?

Fazor
2007-Mar-30, 06:24 PM
Hey, it's an OTB from me that actually deals with space! Search doesn't look like I'm tooseeked either.

Anyway Astronaut Sunita Williams' stretch on the ISS looks like it's been extended indefinitely (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2986483&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312). Wonder what over-time wages for an astronaut are? :) On the plus side, they think she'll end up breaking the American "consecutive time in space" record, which she will apparently be stealing from the fella who's up there with her right now.

"We're doing things we can as best we can to make her happy, and perhaps launch some special items that will make her more comfortable for that extended period of time," said Kirk Shireman, NASA's deputy manager of the space station program. "Aside from that, there's not a whole lot that one can do."

...typical Bureaucratic answer... :rolleyes: lol

Doodler
2007-Mar-30, 06:49 PM
Fazor, we can't even keep planes and trains on schedule, you think a space shuttle is any different? :p

Gillianren
2007-Mar-30, 07:32 PM
Personally, I hate it even more when it's early. I've missed a lot of things when my bus was early; how much worse would it be if it were your shuttle?