PDA

View Full Version : not a space conspiracy, but shows the "logic" involved..

novaderrik
2007-Apr-04, 06:12 AM
Maddox- everyone's favorite internet personality- has his April fools page up.
it's called "unfastened coins", and is about how the government covered up the sinking of the Titanic. it is truly funny, and follows the way some of the conspiracy theorists think. it has graphs, a picture of an iceberg ship, a way to make the letters in "Titanic" spell "conspiracy", and links.
i'd put a link, but last time i linked to Maddox, i almost got booted.. so just go find it for yourself before he goes back to his regular ways...

BertL
2007-Apr-04, 05:08 PM
Who's Maddox?

Daryl71
2007-Apr-04, 06:10 PM
Who's Maddox?

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=af07

While metal utensils won't melt at room temperature, in one his charts he states that the Titanic's longitudinal bulkheads had a 75% chance of suffering a shear fracture at a temperature of 75 degrees centigrade. Perhaps the friction from the impact melted the bulkheads? The truth is out there! :eek:

CJSF
2007-Apr-04, 06:12 PM
So is Maddox a skeptic or a conspiracist? Is the page meant to poke fun at CTs or what?

CJSF

stutefish
2007-Apr-04, 06:48 PM
Maddox is an internet curmudgeon persona, whose inane rants against what he considers to be the jackasses of the world are more-or-less unrivaled in their unique combination of crudity, biting wit, and occasional hilarity. His posts online have become increasingly rare since he started publishing his rants in book form.

This one is a departure from his normal idiom, in that it doesn't trade so much on his notorious maddox reputation, but instead stands alone as an obscenity-free and remarkably on-point skewering of "Loose Change".

Skyfire
2007-Apr-04, 08:32 PM
Just read his site. That's just too funny!! :) :)

BigDon
2007-Apr-04, 08:47 PM
Okay, that was good.

CJSF
2007-Apr-04, 09:46 PM
Crap... work firewall blocks it.

CJSF

Occam
2007-Apr-04, 11:40 PM
Just watch the video and you will see the truth :)

ad hominem
2007-Apr-05, 03:06 AM
there was a plan in the 1940s to make aircraft carriers from ice but it was not implemented

Serenitude
2007-Apr-05, 04:46 AM
This is certainly amusing, so I'm going to leave it, but it's not exactly admissable by the new forum rules, so I'm going to lock the thread and stomp out discussion, whilst leaving the link for posterity ;)