PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcement Part II: (retract?)

Drbuzz0
2007-Apr-10, 05:53 PM
Erm... I can't seem to find the second part of the big announcement... it was there this morning. Its still on the rss feed cache.. so I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.

Er.... Is Phil begging for his job back right now? Hope not... unless he needs it back... I mean... I hope his original decision has not turned out to be notsogood or something...

er.... yea...

Tensor
2007-Apr-10, 07:08 PM
Erm... I can't seem to find the second part of the big announcement... it was there this morning. Its still on the rss feed cache.. so I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.

No, I saw it also. Hmmmmmmm, could he be editing it?

2007-Apr-10, 07:22 PM
Erm... I can't seem to find the second part of the big announcement... it was there this morning.

If Phil were trying to unpublish it, do you consider your actions helpful?

Chances are it just needed an edit, or went missing accidentally, or was premature, or is absent for some other good reason. Still, it might not hurt to be a little more tactful about announcing what you read.

Drbuzz0
2007-Apr-10, 10:08 PM
If Phil were trying to unpublish it, do you consider your actions helpful?

Chances are it just needed an edit, or went missing accidentally, or was premature, or is absent for some other good reason. Still, it might not hurt to be a little more tactful about announcing what you read.

I don't think it ever was up. It's an elaborate fabrication. They used a satellite to beam it down and make it look like he posted it. It was probably done at area 51.

The Bad Astronomer
2007-Apr-10, 10:51 PM
It was up, and I took it down pending some updates. It'll be back up eventually. Sorry about any confusion.

Jakenorrish
2007-Apr-11, 10:55 AM
Hey Phil, I just read the announcements. Good luck with it all!

mickal555
2007-Apr-16, 06:44 AM
Whats going on?

HenrikOlsen
2007-Apr-16, 09:19 AM
Just that Phil's announcement that he quit his job disappeared for a while shortly after it was put up, and people started guessing why.

Whirlpool
2007-Apr-16, 03:12 PM
Umm.. quit his job where? Here?
Sorry I'm innocent here and doesn't know what's going on.

Pls. enlighten me.

:neutral:

Nicolas
2007-Apr-16, 03:25 PM
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2007/04/09/big-announcement-part-2-a-bunch-of-other-stuff-that-happened/

(there is a website attached to this board. In fact, there are two! ;) )

Whirlpool
2007-Apr-16, 03:42 PM
Alright.

:doh:

I thought he quitted being the BA here.

Thanks Nicolas!

Anyway... Good luck to you Phil!

:)