PDA

View Full Version : which man made power can defuse the katrina and rita?

suntrack2
2007-Apr-11, 05:53 PM
couple of times I have seen on the television and in newspaper too, about the devastation from katrina and rita hurricanes, and many times these too hurricane sisters make a headline on the tv and in newspaper.

Even on natgeo chanel I have seen one series about hurricane last time (exact date I have forgot now), there were several incidents shown on the "property loss", life loss due to these two super hurricane mostly in the south parts of america( I am unknown about the exact particular location of such hurricanes). So my question is which man made thing can control the katrina and rita in advance, if we leave a anti rotation of that katrina and rita air pressure to fight the hurricanes what will happen, or we just put very large wind mills in that particular zone, so that the wind mill will move very fast, and restricts the pressure by using a magnetic properties in that fans. or secondly if we prefix some holes in the land at different spots to suck the air pressure into it just like a vaccume cleaner.

or this is just beyond our control. or these two are just the nature's gift to move and move every year?

suntrack2
2007-Apr-11, 05:56 PM
I have just made one "imaginary picture of katrina".

cbacba
2007-Apr-11, 07:56 PM
couple of times I have seen on the television and in newspaper too, about the devastation from katrina and rita hurricanes, and many times these too hurricane sisters make a headline on the tv and in newspaper.

Even on natgeo chanel I have seen one series about hurricane last time (exact date I have forgot now), there were several incidents shown on the "property loss", life loss due to these two super hurricane mostly in the south parts of america( I am unknown about the exact particular location of such hurricanes). So my question is which man made thing can control the katrina and rita in advance, if we leave a anti rotation of that katrina and rita air pressure to fight the hurricanes what will happen, or we just put very large wind mills in that particular zone, so that the wind mill will move very fast, and restricts the pressure by using a magnetic properties in that fans. or secondly if we prefix some holes in the land at different spots to suck the air pressure into it just like a vaccume cleaner.

or this is just beyond our control. or these two are just the nature's gift to move and move every year?

Some have thought that RF injected into the atmosphere might permit weather control. If used all the energy in all the atomic bombs in all of the arsenals of the world in a totally efficient fashion - you might could 'fight' one but whether or not that would stop it is another question. And, you'd be out of them for the next.

Some nonscientific people I know think that hurricane celia that hit corpus christi texas in 1970 may have been successfully seeded to drop out the h2o. THen again, it turned into effectively a giant tornado the size of a tiny hurricane. But that is sheer hypothesis on their part.

Noclevername
2007-Apr-11, 10:40 PM
Countering hurricanes could be done! In theory, if the jet engines were taken off about 100,000 large airplanes (+/-20%) and arranged precicely at varying altitudes, the hurricane's energy could be dispersed. I may need help on the math for calculating the amount of fuel needed.

It would cost more than cleaning up afterwards, and no one could fly for a while, but we cannot let minor setbacks deter us.

publiusr
2007-Apr-30, 10:44 PM
Project Stormfury
also http://www.spaceislandgroup.com

JustAFriend
2007-May-01, 02:02 AM
Countering hurricanes could be done! In theory, if the jet engines were taken off about 100,000 large airplanes (+/-20%) and arranged precicely at varying altitudes, the hurricane's energy could be dispersed. I may need help on the math for calculating the amount of fuel needed.

It would cost more than cleaning up afterwards, and no one could fly for a while, but we cannot let minor setbacks deter us.

Garbage.

I've been through 5 major hurricanes in the past few years, and Andrew back in 1990.

You have no idea the immense power of a Cat3 to Cat5 hurricane.
All the energy that man has EVER expended is nothing compared to these monsters.
We have NOTHING that can touch one.

Come down here to Florida some year and sit through a few of them and you would not be so flippant (not trying to be nasty, but I HAVE sat in the dark while 160mph winds ripped at my house and killed friends....)

LurchGS
2007-May-01, 02:14 AM
I was in Key West for Andrew. Well, ok, my wife was. We tossed a coin and I got to take our 4-month old up the coast to my parents in Virginia. THAT was a fun trip, you bet!.

But I was back down in south Florida immediately after, and I was in New Orleans immediately after Katrina (I'm told we put 70 thousand people on airplanes - through two gates - in 2 days)

So.. ok, I've not experienced *hurricanes*. On the other hand, more than once I've experienced 120MPH + winds - once in a mobile home, and a number of times at sea. (such fun THAT was)

Anybody who wants to control a hurricane should take a quick look at the energy figures. It ain't happening, folks. I suppose it's *remotely* possible that something might be done way out in the atlantic when they're just tropical depressions, but I doubt it.

Ronald Brak
2007-May-01, 01:41 PM
Releasing maybe a hundred cubic kilometers of compressed gas at the center of one should take the sting out of it.

Damien Evans
2007-May-01, 02:38 PM
Releasing maybe a hundred cubic kilometers of compressed gas at the center of one should take the sting out of it.

You got 100 cubic kilometres of compressed gas on you?

Ronald Brak
2007-May-01, 02:40 PM
You got 100 cubic kilometres of compressed gas on you?

Depends on what I've been eating.

Damien Evans
2007-May-01, 02:44 PM
ok...

Baked Beans

Argos
2007-May-01, 03:00 PM
I´d choose to spread a few thousands of big icebergs along the ITCZ to keep waters bellow 26C. :)

LurchGS
2007-May-02, 03:53 AM
y'know - I wonder what the effect on global warming that would have

cjl
2007-May-02, 04:49 AM
It could easily cause it to get worse - less water would evaporate, creating fewer clouds. This would cause the global average albedo to decrease. I doubt the effect would be significant though...