PDA

View Full Version : It's cute, heartwarming and sad....

Drbuzz0
2007-Apr-12, 02:03 AM
I once was with this girl I really liked. I told her all sorts of sweet nothings. We were both geeks.

I told her I'd get her the moon... a common and overused metaphor/bluff from sappy movies and such.

I got her a necklass... with a lunar meteorite inside on an occasion. It was all "awwwwww"

Shortly thereafter things went sour. It was sad.

Ronald Brak
2007-Apr-12, 02:12 AM
My love went sour after I bought her an electronic toy. She didn't need me anymore to keep her entertained. Sigh...

Damien Evans
2007-Apr-12, 04:58 AM
My love went sour after I bought her an electronic toy. She didn't need me anymore to keep her entertained. Sigh...

I'm sorry, but i couldn't help laughing at that one:lol:

Ronald Brak
2007-Apr-12, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry, but i couldn't help laughing at that one

Yeah, never buy your girlfriend an x-box. My mistake was beating her at Halo. She didn't want to play with me anymore after that.

The Backroad Astronomer
2007-Apr-12, 05:09 AM
Yeah, never buy your girlfriend an x-box. My mistake was beating her at Halo. She didn't want to play with me anymore after that.
That is not what I was thinking from your first post.:D

Peter Wilson
2007-Apr-13, 06:48 PM
I once was with this girl I really liked...I got her a necklass... with a lunar meteorite inside on an occasion. It was all "awwwwww"

Shortly thereafter things went sour. It was sad.Did you check your horoscope before you bought it?

If the moon is in the wrong house when purchasing lunar meteorites... :rolleyes:

SockMonkey
2007-Apr-14, 01:24 AM
I once was with this girl I really liked. I told her all sorts of sweet nothings. We were both geeks.

I told her I'd get her the moon... a common and overused metaphor/bluff from sappy movies and such.

I got her a necklass... with a lunar meteorite inside on an occasion. It was all "awwwwww"

Shortly thereafter things went sour. It was sad.

I am sooo stealing that idea.

Whirlpool
2007-Apr-14, 01:39 AM
Maybe she prefers Saturn than the moon. :think:

perfessor
2007-Apr-14, 04:11 AM
This sounds like a Woody Allen joke: "My father recently lost his job - he was made redundant by a device that does the job of a man, only much better. The really sad part of it was, my mother ran out and bought one."