PDA

View Full Version : I want pictures

NEOWatcher
2007-Apr-17, 04:54 PM
Suds Fill Streets in Idaho, Alaska (http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=2928656&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.7.1)

... as a sudsy citrus-scented foam erupted from manhole covers like geysers.
My guess is it wasn't very interesting, and just a way for the reporter to have a little fun with it.

The combination of gravity and churning water whipped the soap into a sudsy foam.
Not that gravity has anything to do with churning water...

They had no smell and were a little bit iridescent.
Just in case you've never seen soap bubles before.

The Alaska situation sounds very similar to a HS-Senior prank when I was young. We had a water chilled AC unit, and somebody got a few boxes of Mr Bubble into it. It was an interesting view, especially with the chiller fan blowing it into the air.

HenrikOlsen
2007-Apr-17, 05:57 PM
Erhm, how can citrus-scented foam have no smell?
Or am I misunderstanding the fragmented quotes as talking about the same thing when the're no?

NEOWatcher
2007-Apr-17, 06:14 PM
Erhm, how can citrus-scented foam have no smell?
Or am I misunderstanding the fragmented quotes as talking about the same thing when the're no?
Two different situations.
Idaho...citrus sented foam from the sewers.
Alaska...unscented foam from the waste processing aerator.

Maksutov
2007-Apr-18, 12:45 AM
Two different situations.
Idaho...citrus sented foam from the sewers.
Alaska...unscented foam from the waste processing aerator.The way I see it, this divides those folks into two camps, those that are foam, and those who are agin'm.

hhEb09'1
2007-Apr-18, 01:19 AM
And what if you're foam Wyoming?

Swift
2007-Apr-18, 03:20 AM
And what if you're foam Wyoming?
Then you can sing "Foam, foam on the range, where the suds and the bubbles play".

foreignkid
2007-Apr-18, 03:30 AM
"It was ridiculous. People were pulling off to the side of the road and running out, trying to catch them," Joyner said.

NO! Why, oh WHY couldn't this have happened right here in Cleveland!! I would have had a field day with the BUBBLES!!! :dance:

mickal555
2007-Apr-18, 04:10 AM
They put them into the fountains around the city all the time, soap and that..

Maksutov
2007-Apr-18, 04:47 AM
Then you can sing "Foam, foam on the range, where the suds and the bubbles play"."Oh, show me some foam, where the buffalo roam, and I'll leave you to guess what I say..."

suntrack2
2007-Apr-18, 06:05 PM
which power was there behind the erruption of the foam?
means the foam was much large in the quantity? in gallon or in tons? :)

interesting article, I have read and enjoyed, neowatcher.

mugaliens
2007-Apr-18, 09:57 PM
E.T., foam home...

Maksutov
2007-Apr-19, 01:31 AM
which power was there behind the erruption of the foam?...Who else? The foam company!
Listen, Milhouse, don't mess with us (snort); we are the Foam Company!

- Ernestine