PDA

View Full Version : A Dead Like Me Movie!

Hokie
2007-Apr-20, 04:17 PM
Conformation straight form Ellen's mouth errr fingers

Bulletin she sent out

That's right!! Remember the movie I said I was going to be doing but couldn't talk about yet? Well, here it is http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070418_dead_like_me_movie_greenlit.html

Eroica
2007-Apr-20, 04:56 PM
I loved that show. I couldn't believe that they cancelled it after just two seasons! What was that all about? Were the ratings bad?

Hokie
2007-Apr-20, 05:17 PM
I have read that it was one of Showtime's top rated show if not the highest rated show they had. Apparently when the new president came in he dumped all the old show form before he came on board and put in his shows.

Gillianren
2007-Apr-20, 09:34 PM
My boyfriend will be pleased. In one of his rare flashes of taste, he bought both seasons.

Jim
2007-Apr-20, 09:47 PM
That was a great series! I hope they can get the original cast for the movie.

Hokie
2007-Apr-21, 03:23 AM
seems that Crystal Dahl who played Crystal is in

Hi everyone:

First, sorry Rich, I wasn't in on the loop about the "when" the annoucement would be made.

Second Casting: I received a phone call from my agent approximately a week and half (is that right, Rich?) asking me to be a part of it. I presume everyone will be included in the movie.

Shooting is scheduled for Montreal and will begin sometime in June. Exact dates haven't been released to me, yet. Maybe you know something I don't.

Now all secrets are out, ummm, Rich?

Crystal

Dr Nigel
2007-Apr-21, 08:47 PM
Hmm, this is one I hadn't yet got around to watching. I've read good things about it though, so I'll try and move it up the list of priorities in time to have watched some of it by the time the movie gets released.

Hokie
2007-May-07, 04:17 PM
I talked to Ellen at Jacon. She said that she is the only one that is actually signed for the movie but everyone has committed to do the movie.

Daffy
2007-May-08, 02:33 PM
I talked to Ellen at Jacon. She said that she is the only one that is actually signed for the movie but everyone has committed to do the movie.

I so hope it's true. One of the best written and directed shows ever, IMO.

Hokie
2007-Jul-01, 11:06 PM
They have just started filming. It seems that Mandy will not be in it.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Announcement; Not a Blog

Just to let all you DLMers out there know that this past week, I have been informed that after this "Dead Like Me" movie comes out, it may, go back to series. After seeing the movie, you'll have to be the judge of whether or not you like the new concept. Give it a chance. I know we all hate change but it has been two years since season 2 so there has to be evolution.

Looks like MGM is going to try and use the movie to get DLM back on the air

Daffy
2007-Jul-02, 10:23 PM
I love the character of Rube and HATE to see him go...but I am completely open minded about this. As long as it is well written, who cares? Does anyone know if Laura Harris was able to clear her schedule? Last I heard, they were re-casting Daisy.

Hokie
2007-Jul-02, 11:36 PM
That is also what I heard that Daisy is being re-casted. I wonder if they are going to have Rube fill his quota or be transfered? If he fills his quota then it is much less likely we will never see Rube again.

Gillianren
2007-Jul-03, 06:42 AM
I hate when they recast characters. It wasn't the worst part of Fire Walk with Me, but it was pretty bad.

Jim
2007-Jul-03, 12:47 PM
I hate when the recast characters.

Ditto. It just doesn't work... well, unless you build something like regeneration into the plot.

If Rube is being written out, then Daisy should be, too. Find new actors to play new characters. Otherwise you run the risk of the fan base - the folks they are depending on to make the movie successful - not liking the recast and dissing the movie.

Hokie
2007-Jul-04, 05:50 PM
They are trying to use this movie to get DLM back on the air and Mandy can not be part of any new series unless he leaves Criminal Minds. That along with him not doing the movie I guess they decided to write him out. Why they did not do the same for Daisy I have no idea.

Hokie
2007-Jul-08, 07:26 PM
interview with Laura Harris date on page is May 3rd so I would assume that was when then interview was

http://movies.radiofree.com/interviews/deadlike_laura_harris.shtml

Dead Like Me was prematurely canceled after two seasons. Before it was axed, did you have the impression that you might have been with it for a few more years?

No. For a lot of people, it was over. And for other people, I'm not sure they were clued in to what was going on. It was plagued with troubles. And those troubles really matter when it comes to a show with so many people involved. You know, I'm so grateful to have done the show, but I'm very grateful to move on as well.
Interesting

Are there plans to make a Dead Like Me movie?

I've heard this. Apparently they are, but I don't think they've contacted my people about it. Or maybe they have. I don't know. Like there's rumors, and I think they may be seeing if people would be into it.

You would think reuniting the core cast would be the first order of business...

Yeah. [laughs]