PDA

View Full Version : Saturn with Meade LPI

AutoClub
2007-Apr-29, 08:40 AM
Saturn taken with a Meade Lunar Planetary Imager attached to Televue 2.5x Powermate and Meade 5” refractor. Approximately 175 exposures were taken with the LPI, and the “save all images” box was checked. Final acceptance of 80% or higher quality (quality in an LPI, surely I jest!) was performed in RegiStax 4.0 and mild wavelet processing was performed before saving the file. There’s really not much data on an image this small in scale using the setup I have now, so I’m going to have to regroup and rethink taking images of the ringed planet. Image was taken April 23rd, 2007.

Clear skies!

Paul

paul f. campbell
2007-Apr-29, 12:50 PM
Hi Paul

I have a DSI meade ccd I dont use it much maybe when I get a better/bigger scope. I did some work on your photo. When you run your frames through registax do you save them as a tiff file. I just started to use tiff and then change them to jpg or png if need be.

You have twice the image data to play with. I ran your photo throught registax changed it over to a tiff file and then ran it through photoshop cs2.

I have been running all of my avi's over again and saving them as tiff files the difference is amazing. I am going to post some Mars photos from 2005 today.

any way heres your photo I hope you like. thanks Paul F. Campbell

Bokmakierie
2007-Apr-29, 07:41 PM
Lovely image, Paul! Thanks for posting

Phil

AutoClub
2007-May-22, 05:39 AM
Hi Paul and Phil! Thanks for the nice comments. And thanks, Paul, for tweaking the colors out of Saturn from my humble post!

Clear skies!

Paul