PDA

View Full Version : Saturn @ f40, 31-Mar-07

andyschlei
2007-Apr-29, 08:48 PM
Here is a shot of Saturn taken on March 31, 2007 with my C-11 @ f40.

It is 224 frames of 1,200 stacked and sharpened with Registax using sigma clip. The sigma clip got rid of a hot pixel that Mike had noted (/showpost.php?p=976037&postcount=9) when he processed some of my f30 data from that night. Color balancing and noise reduction was done in PixInsight, and final processing in Photoshop

A png version (http://obsballona.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-51) is available on my website (http://www.obsballona.org/).

Thanks for looking and clear skies,

--Andy

paul f. campbell
2007-Apr-29, 10:06 PM
Hi Andy

I played with your Saturn photo. I ran it through registax and converted it to a tiff file. Then it went into photoshop cs2 where I worked on cleaning it up. then into photofilter and noiseware then back into photoshop.

I did not add anything to this photo that was not all ready there, it cleaned up very nice. I hope you dont mind Paul F. Campbell

andyschlei
2007-Apr-29, 10:49 PM
I played with your Saturn photo. I ran it through registax and converted it to a tiff file. Then it went into photoshop cs2 where I worked on cleaning it up. then into photofilter and noiseware then back into photoshop.

I did not add anything to this photo that was not all ready there, it cleaned up very nice. I hope you dont mind Paul F. Campbell

Thanks for the tweak to the photo. I certainly don't mind.

Your changes inspired me to do a revision of my own. The new version is attached. I increased the saturation and brightened it up with curves.

If you or anyone else would like to play with the photo, I have put the original tiff (ftp://ftp.obsballona.net/Saturn%20f40%20070331%2004_20070331_224004_ST244.t if) (straight out of Registax) and the finished photoshop file (ftp://ftp.obsballona.net/Saturn%20f40%20070331%2004_ST244v01.psd) at ftp.obsballona.net (ftp://ftp.obsballona.net/)

I'd be interested to see what the group can do with the data.

--Andy

paul f. campbell
2007-Apr-30, 02:56 AM
Hi Andy

Thanks. I think this is why me do what we do. I like other peoples feed back, I know thats how I get better. I like when some one else can tweek my photos to the next level, because that shows me the photo was not done or I missed something. any way your work is very good thanks for sharing.

JAICOA
2007-Apr-30, 02:28 PM
A very good shot of the ring planet and you captured one of it's moons that is visible well done. Clear Skies

iceman
2007-Apr-30, 09:38 PM
Hi Andy

That's a nice shot. Here's my attempt in photoshop.. noise reduction, levels and saturation. That's all.

I don't like the oversmoothed look, so I purposely went light on noise reduction.

Well done.