PDA

View Full Version : Original piece of Star Wars film strip.

Click Ticker
2007-Jun-06, 02:00 PM
A co-worker just showed me an original screen cap from the first Star Wars movie. It's an actual rectangle of the 70mm film strip cut out and encased in a plastic display that has some information about the film and the particular photo.

He was wondering what a collector might pay for that. I have no idea, but I thought somebody here might.

NEOWatcher
2007-Jun-06, 02:09 PM
A co-worker just showed me an original screen cap from the first Star Wars movie. It's an actual rectangle of the 70mm film strip cut out and encased in a plastic display that has some information about the film and the particular photo.

He was wondering what a collector might pay for that. I have no idea, but I thought somebody here might.
I did a search myself thinking that there are probably 100k-1mil cells that could be available, and found lot's and lot's of stuff out there between $50 and $100. Most look like they have 4 frames. Most say 35mm though.

R.A.F.
2007-Jun-06, 04:44 PM
What would a collector pay? If he/she is a fanatic, then you could get quite a bit.

Related note...Back in the early 70's, I aquired pieces of 35mm film from Star Trek. If I remember correctly, they were sold by Lincoln Enterprises. I must have around 35 to 40 individual frames featuring each of the cast, the Enterprise, etc.

I also have 2 or 3 (I can't remember which) lengths of film (about 4 to 5 feet long each) of the Enterprise.

Now I know I didn't throw this stuff away...the problem is finding it. :)