PDA

View Full Version : New Moon Pics

planethollywood
2003-Jun-19, 09:25 AM
I decided to post these since there has been a few post recently asking about advise on what telescope to buy...

Not to get into that discussion but to show what a ETX 125 ec with an Orion CCD eye piece camera can do and show the results here..

Object: MOON
Date: 10 june 2003
goto: http://members.fortunecity.com/andrewdean/moon.htm

any suggestions on using eye piece CCD cameras appreciated.[/img]

Dickenmeyer
2003-Jun-20, 04:30 AM
Nice pix. I am this close to ordering one of the Orion color electronic eyepieces. They're a little more expensive than the Meade CMOS version but a whole lot cheaper than the Astrovid cameras (with lesser performance than the Astrovid I'm sure but I'm on a budget). I note you had difficulty with Mars, and I want to image Mars and Jupiter as well as the moon. My scope has almost three times the light grasp of yours though, I wonder if that would make it work out?

beskeptical
2003-Jun-20, 06:35 AM
Like that warning page. Great stuff!

planethollywood
2003-Jun-20, 01:17 PM
Sorry people, the web service won't let me post avi's or mpg's. I'll try and work something out and update you

hey guys and gals,
i have posted some more on the moon. This time some real time movies panning across the moon. All this with the same setup as previously stated.

just goto the link in the above post....

p.s. the avi's are DIVX format. so make sure you get the codecs for your media player - www.divx.com will have it all.

edited too lower expectations.

planethollywood
2003-Jun-20, 02:33 PM
i think i have it fixed now. i put them to a zip file. but my i can't test it yet as i keep getting the cached page from my isp. let me know if it works.

once again just go to the link in the first post..

thanks.

logicboy
2003-Jun-20, 06:15 PM
works great! cool pictures and videos