PDA

View Full Version : European Space Jet Unveiled

Fraser
2007-Jun-14, 06:50 PM
The European aerospace firm EADS Astrium revealed its plans for space tourism on Wednesday at a special event in Paris. The company also showed plans for a new space plane that it hopes will take customers up to space as early as 2012. ...

Read the full blog entry (http://www.universetoday.com/2007/06/14/european-space-jet-unveiled/)

Nick4
2007-Jun-15, 05:43 AM
This is a really good idea...i mean i dont want everyone to be able to go into space but this is a good plan for the future. I wonder how much the tickets would cost.

diederick76
2007-Jun-15, 07:46 AM
This is a really good idea...i mean i dont want everyone to be able to go into space but this is a good plan for the future. I wonder how much the tickets would cost.

200.000 euros. I read that yesterday, but I can't remember where. Sorry.

publiusr
2007-Jun-16, 05:57 PM
They are ahead of Rutan for just making that announcement. If EADS plays this seriously.

Noclevername
2007-Jun-17, 02:20 AM
The company also showed plans for a new space plane that it hopes will take customers up to space as early as 2012.

"Hopes" means they don't even know if it'll work. "As early as" means don't hold your breath.

Ronald Brak
2007-Jun-17, 02:59 AM
Will this plane have a pilot? At 200,000 euros a ticket it doesn't seem worth the expense. However, I guess it will have to have a pilot until it has demonstrated sucessful automatic flights under a wide variety of conditions and over a large number of flights.

VPCCD
2007-Jun-17, 03:28 AM

Why don't you want everyone to be able to go into space? Personaly I think space is for everyone, not just people who are able to shell out the millions to go.