PDA

View Full Version : Honey, the baby's spacewalking

Palomar
2007-Jun-14, 09:08 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/14/baby.monitor.space.ap/index.html

2007-Jun-14, 09:30 PM
In case anyone wants to know what it's about...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/14/baby.monitor.space.ap/index.html

An elementary school science teacher in this Chicago suburb doesn't have to turn on the news for an update on NASA's space mission. She just turns on her video baby monitor.

Since Sunday, one of the two channels on Natalie Meilinger's baby monitor has been picking up black-and-white video from inside the space shuttle Atlantis. The other still lets her keep an eye on her baby.

Palomar
2007-Jun-14, 09:41 PM
In case anyone wants to know what it's about...

:confused: :shifty:

Sorry! It's a very short article I sped-read in 5 seconds, on that basis figured I wouldn't quote/summarize it (which I do for longer articles).

From now on I will...

Gillianren
2007-Jun-15, 06:35 AM
Some of us don't like to click links if we don't know what's on the other end.

I'm so glad she can check on both her kid and the space shuttle. I can't imagine how she'd check on anything she saw that was wrong on the shuttle.

Noclevername
2007-Jun-15, 05:40 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't the other way around.

"Houston, could you repeat that re-entry angle?"

"Goo goo ah bah dah dah!"

"Uh, Houston, we're biting air, we really need that angle now! Houston?"

"Pthhhht! hee hee hee!"

Palomar
2007-Jun-15, 06:04 PM
It just sort of makes sense though, considering baby and folks on the Shuttle are all wearing diapers... :lol:

Roy Batty
2007-Jun-15, 06:09 PM
& they think it's the new solar arrays interfering with the ISS computers....

m1omg
2007-Jun-15, 08:29 PM
Interesting and funny :D

Paracelsus
2007-Jun-16, 08:42 PM
It just sort of makes sense though, considering baby and folks on the Shuttle are all wearing diapers... :lol:

That astronaut who is up on attempted murder charges will NEVER live down that fact that she was wearing diapers when she was arrested. What humiliation!

Palomar
2007-Jun-16, 09:40 PM
That astronaut who is up on attempted murder charges will NEVER live down that fact that she was wearing diapers when she was arrested. What humiliation!

That is for sure. :neutral: I didn't know Shuttle astronauts wore diapers until Ms. Nowak's little escapade. I'll just bet all Shuttle astronauts are grateful the public now has that information. :rolleyes: