PDA

View Full Version : Worst Jobs in Science 2007

Monoxide Child
2007-Jun-22, 09:30 PM
This is pretty interesting:

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/0203101256a23110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Paracelsus
2007-Jun-22, 11:57 PM
Number 2: Oceanographer. Nothing but bad news, day in and day out

My next career...

Lord Jubjub
2007-Jun-23, 12:11 AM
Having spent the last 10 years working with small animals, I can identify with several of those jobs.

How about the job I had to do last month? Guinea Pig feces counter. I was analyzing the results of a drug that had constipation as a side effect. I had to count the daily output of 32 GP for two weeks. Each pig produced 200 pellets a day when healthy. Course, it got easier with some of the test groups as the drug took effect.

Paracelsus
2007-Jun-23, 12:28 AM
Course, it got easier with some of the test groups as the drug took effect.

And the bigger the effect, the better to job got, right? :lol:

Lord Jubjub
2007-Jun-23, 02:41 AM
eh.

Guinea Pigs are stupid animals. The highest dose group had some deaths and the dead animals just convenientlly were floating in the water dishes . . . . . . .other of the pigs just found it fun to splash water every place. Trying to pick up fecal pellets out of a puddle of water. . .[check that]. . .trying to pick up several score of fecal pellets in a puddle of water is less than enjoyable. . .take a deep breath now that the project is finished.

But, otherwise, the job really is interesting.;)

Paracelsus
2007-Jun-23, 10:44 AM
I hope the pigs didn't do what mice often do to their dead comrades: cannibalize them. :sick:

Maksutov
2007-Jun-29, 10:24 AM
You missed the worst one:

Shoe salesman. (http://www.bundyology.com/)

Paracelsus
2007-Jun-29, 10:52 AM
Love and marriage, love and marriage...

mfumbesi
2007-Jun-29, 12:39 PM
I want to be a Garbologist Or an Elephant Vasectomist:cry:

Fazor
2007-Jun-29, 01:45 PM
Last night's Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe (had to say the full name, 'caus Mike is cool enough to deserve it) had him on a horse-breeding ranch sticking his arms where arms should never be stuck. It was a rerun from long ago (or there was just a similar show a few years back, dunno). Either way, that does not look like a fun job.

...unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing :sick: